C
UFA - 7
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$855,833$855,833 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$7,100,000$7,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 7
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
LW
RFA - 3
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$832,500$832,500
RW, C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$4,050,000$4,050,000
RD
UFA - 3
$837,500$837,500
G
RFA - 1
$4,285,714$4,285,714
LD
UFA - 7
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
G
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$3,333,333$3,333,333
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 9 at 10:39 p.m.
If you're giving mittelstadt away I'll take him on the kraken lol.

All seriousness I don't think the skaters are the problem for the Sabres. Kraken didn't play well tonight, but we had 3 goals on 5 shots in the 2nd.

Might not be a bad idea to trade one the eleventy thousand 1st round pick forwards for a goalie who can make a timely save. Whoever was in net tonight is big yikes. I guess he's young but woof. At least 2 years away from being 2 years away.
Burnzie8_88_4Cup and BUFF36 liked this.
Jan. 9 at 10:42 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: ATC
If you're giving mittelstadt away I'll take him on the kraken lol.

All seriousness I don't think the skaters are the problem for the Sabres. Kraken didn't play well tonight, but we had 3 goals on 5 shots in the 2nd.

Might not be a bad idea to trade one the eleventy thousand 1st round pick forwards for a goalie who can make a timely save. Whoever was in net tonight is big yikes. I guess he's young but woof. At least 2 years away from being 2 years away.

The goalies are not the problem, they're an easy scapegoat and this season is shot anyway. I wouldn't trade a prospect away for a one year stop gap goalie, if they wanted to they could just sign a goalie UFA for a year. As for the trade, Chesley is the dman the Sabres, if Seattle wants to move Adam Larsson for Mittelstadt, I'd listen
BUFF36 liked this.
Jan. 9 at 10:44 p.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18
The goalies are not the problem, they're an easy scapegoat and this season is shot anyway. I wouldn't trade a prospect away for a one year stop gap goalie, if they wanted to they could just sign a goalie UFA for a year

Isolated for shot quality, they both appear to be a problem. Luukkonen is the best of the bunch, but wildly inconsistent. Obviously they need to be better defensively, but there's nothing more deflating after starting really strong than having your goalie give up 3 stinkers on almost as many shots. I don't recommend a stop gap either, I'd go for something permanent.

We only won cause Daccord kept the Sabres to one goal on 19 shots in the first. If he leaks 2 or 3 during that flurry we probably lose.
Burnzie8_88_4Cup liked this.
Jan. 9 at 10:47 p.m.
Shibbal18
Edited Jan. 9 at 10:53 p.m.
Isolated for shot quality, they both appear to be a problem. Luukkonen is the best of the bunch, but wildly inconsistent. Obviously they need to be better defensively, but there's nothing more deflating after starting really strong than having your goalie give up 3 stinkers on almost as many shots. I don't recommend a stop gap either, I'd go for something permanent.

Levi is a rookie and UPL is in his 2nd full season, both are under 25. Both are getting better. If UPL was 27-28 doing this id give up on him, but I still think there's a solid 1B in him. Levi is their future #1 so I don't see room for a 3rd permanent goalie again. Ryan Miller at this age had a 5.05 gaa for a comp
Jan. 9 at 10:48 p.m.
Levi is a rookie and UPL is in his 2nd full season, both are under 25. Both are getting better. If UPL was 27-28 doing this id give up on him, but I still think there's a solid 1B in him. Levi is their future #1 so I don't see room for a 3rd permanent goalie again

That's the guy in net tonight? I'd look for a different future #1 personally. But if the Sabres wanna gamble amidst a record breaking playoff drought, who am I to judge.
Burnzie8_88_4Cup liked this.
Jan. 9 at 10:53 p.m.
Shibbal18
That's the guy in net tonight? I'd look for a different future #1 personally. But if the Sabres wanna gamble amidst a record breaking playoff drought, who am I to judge.

I think you should look into Levi a little more lol
Jan. 9 at 10:56 p.m.
I think you should look into Levi a little more lol

889 save %, negative goals saved above expected, negative delta fenwick save percentage, bottom 15 in goals saved above average. I don't think looking into him more helps make his case for him lol.

I get it he was great in college, which would mean a lot if there was much correlation between college success and nhl success.

Bottom line, he's like any other goalie prospect, a total wildcard.
Jan. 9 at 10:57 p.m.
Shibbal18
889 save %, negative goals saved above expected, negative delta fenwick save percentage, bottom 15 in goals saved above average. I don't think looking into him more helps make his case for him lol.

I get it he was great in college, which would mean a lot if there was much correlation between college success and nhl success.

He's 22 and one of the top 5 goalie prospects in the league and I think the only one in the top 5 that's in the NHL rn
Jan. 9 at 11:00 p.m.
He's 22 and one of the top 5 goalie prospects in the league and I think the only one in the top 5 that's in the NHL rn

The fact that he's playing in a league that is well above his current capabilities isn't a selling point.

Of the 62 goalies who played in the NHL at age 22 or younger since 2008, Levi is 10th worst in goals saved above average.

The top 5 goalie prospect list is always a wild guess in terms of projection. Just look at the current landscape, there's very little correlation between prospect/draft status and actual success.
Jan. 9 at 11:05 p.m.
As a Caps fan it's intriguing but don't think Caps do it.
Shibbal18 liked this.
Jan. 9 at 11:11 p.m.
Shibbal18
The fact that he's playing in a league that is well above his current capabilities isn't a selling point.

Of the 62 goalies who played in the NHL at age 22 or younger since 2008, Levi is 10th worst in goals saved above average.

The top 5 goalie prospect list is always a wild guess in terms of projection. Just look at the current landscape, there's very little correlation between prospect/draft status and actual success.

The only thing that's wild is giving up on a 22 year old rookie at any position lol. Let alone a top 5 prospect in his position. Again Ryan Miller had a 5.05 gaa at the age of 24, imagine if they Sabres gave up on him for Biron and Noronen. Both Levi and UPL have shown consistent growth through this season. You said it yourself you don't watch the Sabres, so judging an entire player off of 1 game is crazy. Growing pains are expected. Their offense hasn't shown up to help them out. Doesn't help that Thompson was out a month and played with a aircast through out December and Tuch has missed a lot of time as well, but if they were scoring at the same rate as they were last year, the Sabres would be in a playoff spot rn
Jan. 9 at 11:17 p.m.
The only thing that's wild is giving up on a 22 year old rookie at any position lol. Let alone a top 5 prospect in his position. Again Ryan Miller had a 5.05 gaa at the age of 24, imagine if they Sabres gave up on him for Biron and Noronen. Both Levi and UPL have shown consistent growth through this season. You said it yourself you don't watch the Sabres, so judging an entire player off of 1 game is crazy. Growing pains are expected. Their offense hasn't shown up to help them out. Doesn't help that Thompson was out a month and played with a aircast through out December and Tuch has missed a lot of time as well, but if they were scoring at the same rate as they were last year, the Sabres would be in a playoff spot rn

Im not judging this guy off of 1 game lol. I gave you a full sample size of 4 different advanced analytics that are widely used in the game to evaluate goaltending. And he's bad in all of them

Why frame it as giving up on him? It's not giving up on a guy if youre upgrading. It's giving something to get something. Im sure he'll be much better at 26 or 27 than he is right now the same way Daccord is. But are you really willing to wait another 4-5 years?

Injuries are a constant, using them as an excuse is a bigger scapegoat than goaltending. Someone will always be injured. You'll never ice a fully healthy lineup. Thats why it pays to have established goaltending. By the time Levi becomes an nhl quality starter (if at all) most of the sabres core will be on the wrong side of their prime. What's the point in waiting? Most of the new research shows skater prime starts at age 22/23. That puts what, thompson tuch dahlin mittelstadt cozens Quinn and peterka in their prime or about to enter it?

Just feels like a waste of something promising.
Jan. 9 at 11:36 p.m.

He thinks every young player is good because they’re young. I agree this season is shot, don’t need a stopgap. Bottom line, Levi should be in the AHL and UPL 1 and Comrie 2. They should give most of the rest of the games to UPL this year, if he does good, resign for 2 x 2.5, if not cut bait and get a real one next offseason.
Jan. 9 at 11:40 p.m.
Shibbal18
Im not judging this guy off of 1 game lol. I gave you a full sample size of 4 different advanced analytics that are widely used in the game to evaluate goaltending. And he's bad in all of them

Why frame it as giving up on him? It's not giving up on a guy if youre upgrading. It's giving something to get something. Im sure he'll be much better at 26 or 27 than he is right now the same way Daccord is. But are you really willing to wait another 4-5 years?

Injuries are a constant, using them as an excuse is a bigger scapegoat than goaltending. Someone will always be injured. You'll never ice a fully healthy lineup. Thats why it pays to have established goaltending. By the time Levi becomes an nhl quality starter (if at all) most of the sabres core will be on the wrong side of their prime. What's the point in waiting? Most of the new research shows skater prime starts at age 22/23. That puts what, thompson tuch dahlin mittelstadt cozens Quinn and peterka in their prime or about to enter it?

Just feels like a waste of something promising.

If you want to argue he should go to the AHL, then that can be argued. You scoffed at the idea he was a future number 1 and said they need to find a permanent solution in net. That would suggest giving up on Levi. If you're sending him down, then they only need a stop gap.

Quoting: Burnzie8_88_4Cup
He thinks every young player is good because they’re young. I agree this season is shot, don’t need a stopgap. Bottom line, Levi should be in the AHL and UPL 1 and Comrie 2. They should give most of the rest of the games to UPL this year, if he does good, resign for 2 x 2.5, if not cut bait and get a real one next offseason.

That's not at all what I think, idk why you're putting words in my mouth. His arguement was to replace Levi with a permanent solution because he had a bad game against Seattle, not send him to the AHL
Jan. 9 at 11:46 p.m.
If you want to argue he should go to the AHL, then that can be argued. You scoffed at the idea he was a future number 1 and said they need to find a permanent solution in net. That would suggest giving up on Levi. If you're sending him down, then they only need a stop gap.

That's not at all what I think, idk why you're putting words in my mouth. His arguement was to replace Levi with a permanent solution because he had a bad game against Seattle, not send him to the AHL

He’s up and down. And what he said, timely stops. We just tied the game and a minute later gives up a soft one. Those kill a team. He shouldn’t be in the NHL, and I don’t know why u think he’s the(future)?
Jan. 9 at 11:48 p.m.

No my argument is to trade for an established number one based on Levi's entire NHL sample, and the fact that goalies are crazy unpredictable during their development years. Why are you putting words in my mouth?

Again its not giving up. You wouldnt call it giving up if the sabres traded say isak rosen for a first line forward or something? I dont think he's a future number 1. I still wouldnt call it "giving up". Not every prospect is going to play for your org. Thats just how it goes.
Jan. 9 at 11:49 p.m.
Shibbal18
He’s up and down. And what he said, timely stops. We just tied the game and a minute later gives up a soft one. Those kill a team. He shouldn’t be in the NHL, and I don’t know why u think he’s the(future)?

Are you serious lol? You're a Sabre fan and you don't know why Sabre fans think he's the future #1. As if that isn't openly the franchises plan.....
Jan. 9 at 11:49 p.m.

Even if someone believes every young prospect is good, isn't the whole point of having so many that you can use some (or in this case just one) to upgrade a position of need to match the current timeline?
Jan. 9 at 11:50 p.m.
Are you serious lol? You're a Sabre fan and you don't know why Sabre fans think he's the future #1. As if that isn't openly the franchises plan.....

Okay im starting to zero in on why the drought is 13 years and counting lmao
Jan. 9 at 11:52 p.m.
Shibbal18
No my argument is to trade for an established number one based on Levi's entire NHL sample, and the fact that goalies are crazy unpredictable during their development years. Why are you putting words in my mouth?

Again its not giving up. You wouldnt call it giving up if the sabres traded say isak rosen for a first line forward or something? I dont think he's a future number 1. I still wouldnt call it "giving up". Not every prospect is going to play for your org. Thats just how it goes.

We only won cause Daccord kept the Sabres to one goal on 19 shots in the first. If he leaks 2 or 3 during that flurry we probably lose.
Jan. 9 at 11:52 p.m.
Shibbal18
Okay im starting to zero in on why the drought is 13 years and counting lmao

I'll save this for 2 years
Jan. 9 at 11:53 p.m.

Even if someone believes every young prospect is good, isn't the whole point of having so many that you can use some (or in this case just one) to upgrade a position of need to match the current timeline?

The franchise plan stinks. They’re 7th in their division, 14th in Conference. This should’ve been taken care of by now. We’re wasting careers on hopes. Here’s reality, they’re not making the playoffs for the 13th straight year.
Jan. 9 at 11:53 p.m.

Yeah none of this says im making that call based on one night lol. You conveniently left all of the other posts with several different data points drawn from a much larger sample but go off
Jan. 9 at 11:54 p.m.
I'll save this for 2 years

I know what you meant by this, but it just sounds like you're expecting another 2 years of non playoff hockey. Which I guess is best case scenario given the circumstances. Shame too, could've been a fun team to watch.
Jan. 10 at 12:01 a.m.
I don’t do anyltics, eye test, of the 2, I think UPL is better than Levi. I don’t think Levi is the future because he won a couple games last year, and we’re being told he’s the next Carey price.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll