Way Too Early 2025 Rankings with Analysis

Way Too Early 2025 Rankings with Analysis

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Z0ra
Published: Feb. 4 at 9:03 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
James Hagens
No surprises here. Hagens has proven that he's legit and he is a lock for 1st overall. Strong goal-scorer by trade given his booming shot. His playmaking is about as good as his goal-scoring. A wizard with the puck and shows high hockey IQ. Defensively he's smart but nowhere near as dynamic as he is offensively. You can really bet on him offensively, Hagens has star potential.
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
Logan Hensler
While there is a clear No. 1 in this draft, there is in fact a clear No. 2. That's Logan Hensler. He's basically an all-situations defender, really there's no gaping holes in his game. Tall at 6'3", booming shot, excellent 4-way agility, and really dynamic defensively. Controls the gaps well and is more than willing to muck it up in the corners. Has potential to become a #1 defender in the NHL sooner rather than later.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
Malcom Spence
The combination of size and speed is what makes Spence a top 3 pick here. From here, the draft is a crapshoot. A favorite of mine, Spence is a skilled two-way forward that is more than willing to muck it up in the corners. You can also bet on him during 1 on 1 battles. He has pro level skating and a booming shot as well.
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
Anton Frondell
The safest pick at this point is Frondell, who is a dynamic offensive presence. He plays with size, skill, and hockey IQ. In simpler words, a play driving center.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
Roger McQueen
This is a prospect that I feel hasn't gained a lot of attention. McQueen is a strong two-way center with amazing size at 6'5", defensive awareness, high hockey IQ, and insane hands. While being agile, McQueen does lack explosiveness in his game, his first-step acceleration isn't powerful by any means. But he's a guy you can bet on during all situations and will be a great add for a team looking for a Swiss army knife type player.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Michael Misa
It sucks to put Misa this low because he's really consistent production wise, but he isn't the fastest skater out there. More explosiveness on his feet is required to even justify him as a top 3 player in the draft. But Misa is insane offensively, he can really adapt to the pace of the game easily. A dual offensive threat, can pass the puck and shoot. Also has great vision and is a menace near the boards. Down the road, Misa will be a fun player to watch.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
Charlie Trethewey
A hot take to put Trethewey above players like Ryabkin and Martone but I love the two-way game. Mostly offense, but can eat big minutes and commit to defensive hockey. Booming shot, and good size at 6'1". I see a lot of Brock Faber in him.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-
Ivan Ryabkin
Ryabkin and Misa are essentially the same player, only difference is that Ryabkin is a higher risk given the Russian factor. He also is a liability in his own end but to make up for it, he's insanely dynamic offensively, strong playmaker that can make the hardest passes look easy.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
Porter Martone
Martone has one of the best shots in the draft. Pure power forward that has skill, something that a lot of teams would love. Reminds me of prime Corey Perry, scorer, gritty, and skilled.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
Matthew Schaefer
Schaefer is basically a worse version of Hensler. Extremely fast and edgy skater and can make a lot of stops defensively. Offensively, the numbers don't jump out at you but he perform good enough in high pressure situations.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
William Moore
NOT the brother of Oliver Moore. William Moore is a similar player, but taller and slower. He can still make insane passes and shot the puck well, but he will need to refine his defensive game in order to get to his full NHL potential.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa Senators
Sascha Boumedienne
This is a guy that I could see much higher if he continues to be dominant. Bounmedienne is an talented offensive defenseman that can play with size and speed. I don't know a lot about this player, but because of the combination of size and speed, which is hard to find with most prospects, I'm willing to put this kid high in the ranks.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Islanders
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
23Logo of the New York Rangers-
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers