Published: Feb. 5, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Accurate/Prorated
LTIR Enabled: Yes
Season Days: 192
Days Remaining: 73
Season Remaining: 38%
Projected Cap Hit Prior To Days Remaining Tooltip : $84,325,115
Description
Ludvig may become activated from the LTIR soon as he’s been sent on a conditioning assignment in the AHL. I think Puustinen was sent down just so he can keep fresh legs and should be getting recalled in sure. After that I think the roster will mostly be set for the time being. Smith, Ludvig, and Puljujarvi will all be game-time decisions for Tuesday.

Yet again I’ve still been riding high on Poulin as well recently and I really do think we could see him called up to the team at some point. It’s really nice to see more and more youth being incorporated in the lineup. Sure the top 6 still got some older fellas but they are still good players.

Next up is, just how possible would it be that Smith and/or Rakell are traded? With O’Connor playing well up and down the line up I think there’s a chance one of them could be moved in favour of O’Connor to play in their place and could easily open up a spot to bring up Poulin. Also betting on Puljujarvi playing good. Where he could end up becoming a winger for both Sid and Geno.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$81,729,342$0$0$1,770,658
Prorated Cap Hit

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,500,000$1,710,938
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$8,700,000$3,307,813
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,125,000$1,948,568
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$1,901,042
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,100,000$2,319,271
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$1,901,042
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$925,000$351,693
LW
UFA - 2
$2,450,000$931,510
C
UFA - 2
$775,000$294,661
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$850,000$323,177
LW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$760,417
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$800,000$304,167
RW
UFA - 2
$3,125,000$1,188,151
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,025,175$1,530,405
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,100,000$2,319,271
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,375,000$2,043,620
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$4,500,000$1,710,938
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$10,000,000$3,802,083
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$570,313
G
UFA - 1
$775,000$294,661
LD
RFA - 2
$800,000$304,167
RD
UFA - 1
$825,000$313,672
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$342,188
LW, RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 5 at 2:29 a.m.
SkateOrDie
Puustinen isn't really an NHL level player.
So If Poulin is being called up he's probably the one going down.

They aren't going to move Smith or Rakell to make room for call ups.
Lets be honest they can move Harkins as well if they need to make room. It's not huge loss. But he's probably better off getting 3rd line minutes and role.

I don't even think it's a good idea to unload Smith. I'd rather keep him in his contract year.
They can always move him next year as a deadline rental if they aren't going anywhere to get something from him.
But this year there is no real reason to.
Especially if they are going to move Jake. Which who knows if they do or don't. If they do that, they create a hole on the LW. Moving both Smith and Jake they don't really have the bodies to replace them both.
Feb. 5 at 2:42 a.m.
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
Puustinen isn't really an NHL level player.
So If Poulin is being called up he's probably the one going down.

They aren't going to move Smith or Rakell to make room for call ups.
Lets be honest they can move Harkins as well if they need to make room. It's not huge loss. But he's probably better off getting 3rd line minutes and role.

I don't even think it's a good idea to unload Smith. I'd rather keep him in his contract year.
They can always move him next year as a deadline rental if they aren't going anywhere to get something from him.
But this year there is no real reason to.
Especially if they are going to move Jake. Which who knows if they do or don't. If they do that, they create a hole on the LW. Moving both Smith and Jake they don't really have the bodies to replace them both.

I really don’t think Jake will be moved. If the team wants to have future success keeping Jake is the only way. Who else has consistently played with Sid on the wing for this long? The ideal situation is to keep working on an extension.

Also Puustinen can put up the points. I don’t see how he isn’t NHL level. Moving Smith and Rakell, maybe the better situation is finding teams willing to make swaps and can risk taking those guys on while matching as much cap as possible.
Feb. 5 at 3:10 a.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: BestGMBenning
I really don’t think Jake will be moved. If the team wants to have future success keeping Jake is the only way. Who else has consistently played with Sid on the wing for this long? The ideal situation is to keep working on an extension.

Also Puustinen can put up the points. I don’t see how he isn’t NHL level. Moving Smith and Rakell, maybe the better situation is finding teams willing to make swaps and can risk taking those guys on while matching as much cap as possible.

I am neither here nor there on if they will move him or not. I don't claim to know.
But I do know they shouldn't over pay to keep him and if they can't get a deal done by trade deadline it's best to move him.
I also know if they don't get a solid return for him, they better work hard to resign him at a reasonable contract as they can't shell out 10 mil+ if that's what he's expecting.

I honestly think if they can get the right return they should move him. There are 3 or 4 prospects I think are worth moving him for. But after that, it's best to keep him.

This team as it is, is not good enough to win. I'm not sure continue on the same path over paying Jake changes that. At some point the tear down must start. If that starts with Jake that's ok. I'd rather tear down and rebuild with youth fast.

Poustinen is very one dimensional. He's not good enough to be a top 6 guy, and he can't really play the two way game on the 3rd line, he clearly is not a 4th liner type.
So he's not really NHL caliber. It is what it is. He's a tweener who gets a role because they think there is no one better injury etc....
Poulin is much more suited for a 3rd line winger role.

Moving Smith would be a mistake. It's best to hold. At worst next year he's a trade deadline piece. At best in a contract year he explodes and helps push the team.

As for Rakell, I think people are a bit hard on him. He was the glue on the 2nd line when it was clicking. He didn't get the points but when he was out things went to hell. Then Smith got hurt and here we are.
I think if you moved him you probably get back something worse at this point. He's a streaky player, always has been. If they are going to move him, they should wait till he pops like last year. Then move him.
Feb. 5 at 7:38 a.m.
If Turbo wants too much to stay in Raleigh, smith is a good buy low candidate for us. Gives our guys in the ahl to get used to the system. When our AHL purchase is announced
Feb. 5 at 12:32 p.m.
Lets Get Kraken
I could see the Canes being interested in Smith as a buy low candidate. As for Rakell, I could see some interest from the Canes, but more as a cap dump move

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll