SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

End of this window, start of the next.

Feb. 23 at 9:30 a.m.
From an outside perspective, I was curious what leafs fans view as the end of their current playoff window and roughly when that will occur?

Additionally, what would be the next window, and approximately how many years would there be in between windows?
Feb. 23 at 9:49 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: BDHockey
From an outside perspective, I was curious what leafs fans view as the end of their current playoff window and roughly when that will occur?

Additionally, what would be the next window, and approximately how many years would there be in between windows?

How many years until Matthews leaves? That's the window

And it all depends on the drafting for the next window to begin, Leafs don't hit, it can be another 11-15 years... If they hit, they can be back within 4-5 years
Feb. 23 at 10:34 a.m.
I think we still have about a 5yr window which is when all our main guys will be in their early 30s (with Rielly being 34-35).

But this all depends on continuing to compete at the same or higher level. If they find themselves as a wilcard or outside the playoffs over 1-2yrs maybe they change the philosophy.

For the sake of the argument...maybe a new window begins after next season when, between the rising cap and Tavrares' $11m coming off, they can reshape around the core...but it all seems to be around the same timeframe so long as Matthews-Marner-Nylander-Rielly are leading the way and production doesn't take some unexpected fall off a cliff

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll