C
NTC
UFA - 8
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,100,000$5,100,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,460,000$1,460,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
C
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 6 at 1:08 p.m.
Remember when Guentzel was reported to want in the neighborhood of $9M?

That ain't happening with Yzerman lol.
FireLordZuk0 and aedoran liked this.
Mar. 6 at 1:10 p.m.
Wouldn't be mad at it even as a rental because you're clearing space. I don't think Pitt would do that though.
aedoran liked this.
Mar. 6 at 1:13 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
Quoting: FriendlyGhost

Quoting: mmccRed198913
Wouldn't be mad at it even as a rental because you're clearing space. I don't think Pitt would do that though.

even as a rental it's a beautiful pickup and pens are probably interested in retention also I would think all you need to do for pittsburgh is get them a first rounder next season I think guentz is headed to the open market regardless
aedoran liked this.
Mar. 6 at 1:19 p.m.
Tank it baby
Red Wings need to upgrade their D but this would be a nice rental trade for them.
MaxBorjshlapsky and aedoran liked this.
Mar. 6 at 1:21 p.m.

took the words out of my keyboard. However, the rumor was ADB somewhat wanted that as well. Guentzel may take a "discount" on term and cap. we just never truly know the backend of the discussions being made
aedoran liked this.
Mar. 6 at 1:55 p.m.
Quoting: FireLordZuk0
took the words out of my keyboard. However, the rumor was ADB somewhat wanted that as well. Guentzel may take a "discount" on term and cap. we just never truly know the backend of the discussions being made

Debrincat seemed to have his heart set on playing in Detroit. That was kinda verified when Yzerman talked him down to 4 years.

There hasn't even been a hint of that with Guentzel.
aedoran liked this.
Mar. 6 at 1:59 p.m.
Tank it baby
Debrincat seemed to have his heart set on playing in Detroit. That was kinda verified when Yzerman talked him down to 4 years.

There hasn't even been a hint of that with Guentzel.

I don't think Detroit is in on Guentzel.

It's a nice idea.

He'd really bolster the forward lines.

But it's not Stevie's style to trade a 1st for a rental.
Mar. 6 at 2:38 p.m.
Edited Mar. 6 at 2:49 p.m.
Quoting: MaxBorjshlapsky
even as a rental it's a beautiful pickup and pens are probably interested in retention also I would think all you need to do for pittsburgh is get them a first rounder next season I think guentz is headed to the open market regardless

Yeah but offense isn't the problem. Believe it or not adding more offense doesn't fix defense and goaltending. I know add more offense Dubas's answer to everything, but he isn't in Toronto anymore for a reason. You said "even as a rental it's a beautiful pickup." So does the addition of Guentzel get Detroit a cup this year? If it doesn't then the Wings are just throwing away assets for a player that won't be on the roster nest season.

There are a lot of people who think the rebuild is over and the Wings should go out and spend assets because they are in the playoffs, but I disagree. The only correct way to rebuild is through the draft and developing players through your system is the best way to ensure sustained success. Detroit currently has 2 players drafted by Yzerman and only 5 players total that were drafted by Detroit on their roster. With the way Detroit has played this season I think they have opened their playoff window. Now adding big names for futures will increase are chances to win now but they will shorten how long that window stays open. One of the main reasons Detroit's rebuild has taken so long is they tried to keep that window open for too long. So they had almost nothing left in their system and have had to replenish the system before they could start rebuilding their team. I've noticed a lot of users on this site either don't have the patients, are incapable of looking past the next 2 seasons or just don't understand how the whole process works. But at this point is another season or 2 that bad when it could add another 10 seasons of being competitive?
Mar. 6 at 2:43 p.m.
Tank it baby
When I look at Detroit I see Yzerman building in stages.

He's using vets right now to make them competitive.

But he's slowly promoting his draft picks.

Seider and Raymond arrived earlier than expected.

Next season will be Berggren, Edvinsson, Johansson and possibly Mazur.

Season after it's Kasper, Danielson, Wallinder and Cossa.

ASP eventually.

It's a succession plan and the Red Wings are only getting started.

My only concern is by the time this Red Wings nucleus is formed Larkin will begin his regression.
Mar. 6 at 5:14 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
Quoting: aedoran
Yeah but offense isn't the problem. Believe it or not adding more offense doesn't fix defense and goaltending. I know add more offense Dubas's answer to everything, but he isn't in Toronto anymore for a reason. You said "even as a rental it's a beautiful pickup." So does the addition of Guentzel get Detroit a cup this year? If it doesn't then the Wings are just throwing away assets for a player that won't be on the roster nest season.

There are a lot of people who think the rebuild is over and the Wings should go out and spend assets because they are in the playoffs, but I disagree. The only correct way to rebuild is through the draft and developing players through your system is the best way to ensure sustained success. Detroit currently has 2 players drafted by Yzerman and only 5 players total that were drafted by Detroit on their roster. With the way Detroit has played this season I think they have opened their playoff window. Now adding big names for futures will increase are chances to win now but they will shorten how long that window stays open. One of the main reasons Detroit's rebuild has taken so long is they tried to keep that window open for too long. So they had almost nothing left in their system and have had to replenish the system before they could start rebuilding their team. I've noticed a lot of users on this site either don't have the patients, are incapable of looking past the next 2 seasons or just don't understand how the whole process works. But at this point is another season or 2 that bad when it could add another 10 seasons of being competitive?

I think snagging Hanifin would be beautiful and adress the biggest need yet I also believe this wings team finally finding their way is beautiful because I think they have a great group including young guys that aren't I the lineup, they have money and they have picks I mean Yzerman is becoming the best hockey mind to ever exist but maybe just getting the best player is a move to make and putting guentzal in there to join the group that's there is nice....this team being healthy for once and confident to add to their abilities is so dangerous sprong and this year's additions have added a veteran spark...dark horse in the league
aedoran liked this.
Mar. 8 at 12:26 a.m.
Quoting: MaxBorjshlapsky
I think snagging Hanifin would be beautiful and adress the biggest need yet I also believe this wings team finally finding their way is beautiful because I think they have a great group including young guys that aren't I the lineup, they have money and they have picks I mean Yzerman is becoming the best hockey mind to ever exist but maybe just getting the best player is a move to make and putting guentzal in there to join the group that's there is nice....this team being healthy for once and confident to add to their abilities is so dangerous sprong and this year's additions have added a veteran spark...dark horse in the league

There are 2 issues with Hanifin. The first one has been made pretty obvious Hanifin was completely unwilling to sign an extension and it's the reason Vegas was able to get him so cheap. He probably signs with Boston in the offseason or maybe Tampa Bay because it was near the of his list. The second issue is Detroit will be up against the cap as is and giving Hanifin what he wants won't be possible. The third is he's an LHD. Detroit has Walman, Chariot, Maatta and Ghost who are all LHDs. Plus Edvinsson will make the team out of camp and Johansson is also very close and deserves a shot. Ghost does play on the right but it's not ideal especially as he gets older and slows down. We have 1 more day but I was kind of hoping to get something in return for him because I don't see Detroit have the cap space to give him what he will want to resign. Maatta has another season left and pretty much has to be moved. Then there is Chariot who has played better this season but no one wants him so Detroit is stuck with him. Now if Hanifin was an RHD I could see him making an extra effort but I doubt he would of overlooked his unwillingness to extend.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll