SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Now that 2024 is an option I will give it a rip

Now that 2024 is an option I will give it a rip

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Logicalicesports
Published: Apr. 8 at 10:24 a.m.
Description
Round one, kind of more of a shot in the dark until the teams start really gearing up for the draft but there is definitely some early data showing where some teams will most likely go with their 1st round selections more so based on needs.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the San Jose SharksSan Jose Sharks (1→1)
  2. Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsColumbus Blue Jackets (4→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-It's pretty obvious, whoever selects first is going to take Celebrini. The only real other option would be if the team selecting feels Demidov is going to be a bigger star (Which is very possible)
2Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Demidov is the only other option I feel that can go number 1 overall over Celebrini but Celebrini is the safer pick with Demidov needing to stay in Russia for a bit.
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-This is where it becomes a draft. Levshunov was seen as a prospect that could have gone first in early rankings. A dominating right handed defenseman, this would be a huge pick up for Chicago to get a second Franchise level player to grow with Bedard.
4Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The ducks replace the loss of Drysdale and take another RHD. Granted he may not be the best player on the board but he is very high up there and fills a spot that is much harder to draft for being Right Defense.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-The Habs need to get an Elite Center prospect to fall in behind their young Captain. Sure they have Dach who is a great option but he can be moved to wing and Catton would fill the second line center role perfectly.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Arizona has been drafting size lately and it continues here. They will have a massive blueline and some deep Russian connections on this team. Could see a left sided one two punch of Silayev and Simashev in their future. They go Defenseman here as they are loaded up front with forward prospects.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-The Train of Defensemen continues, Ottawa is another team with a great young forward core. They need to find a long term right defenseman that could pair up with Sanderson. Parekh is probably the best remaining right handed option on defense so they go with him based off needs.
8Logo of the Calgary Flames-With some big options left on the board the Flames will go ahead and forego some of them and draft their Franchise's greatest player's son. Iginla is not a bad pick by any means, he will still offer them a very good prospect that will bud into a great NHLer. It is a slight reach.
9Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
10Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-The Sabres continue loading up their offense. They have one of the best young d-cores in the league and they can afford to take a risk on the lengthy Lindstrom. They have arguably the deepest prospect pool in the league and it continues to get even deeper.
11Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Best player on the board, Buium falls a little bit as more teams are going out and getting players based more off needs than best players available.
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Briere is not holding back as the Flyers GM and I am loving it. He goes out and gets a center option for Michkov. They are greatly in need of a good center prospect that they will be able to pair up with their franchise superstar when he comes over.
13Logo of the Washington Capitals-Washington goes with yet another goal scoring option to add to Miro and Leonard, they are realizing that their scoring depth is what is causing issues right now and they opt to go out and get someone that can fill that role in the future. Other parts of his game really need refining and they will be fine waiting for him to develop in College
14Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Helenius will be exactly what the wild are looking for, an Impact winger to join a young team that is need of more right winger depth outside of Yurov.
15Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsThe Pens gift San Jose a kid that is absolutely on a tear as a 17 year old in the dub. After getting Celebrini they are able to get someone that can slot in next to him for years to come or someone that can offer depth scoring on the second line.
16Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Stevey-Y does not have an issue with Russian players and he makes the decision to go out and get a talented winger to pair with Danielson or Kasper in the near future.
17Logo of the New York Islanders-The Islanders NEED a good right wing prospect in their system as they have near none. Greentree would fit that identity on the island perfectly.
18Logo of the St. Louis Blues-The Blues really need a Right Handed Defenseman in their system as they literally have none, it was between Jiricek and Mews for him here but if Jiricek can pan out like his brother he is the better selection here.
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas likes offense and Connelly brings exactly that, sure he has some office issues but where is a better place to fix that other than Vegas lmfao. If they feel the issues will not effect him than they take him to add some high end scoring to their very dry prospect pool.
20Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-LA needs a good LW prospect. Basha seems like the choice that they would make to add to their depth.
21Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningChicago takes a reach in the first round and selects a guy that should be ranked much higher. This will give Bedard a very talented teammate to work with and they are setting up their next core with Bedard, Levshunov and Stiga.
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-MBN slips a bit in the draft with teams addressing their needs. The Preds benefit from this getting a highend power forward prospect to add to their young front end.
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Toronto needs to add to their cabinets in for defensive prospects in a bad way. They go out and get a near point per game defenseman that needs to work on his own end but has the offensive talent pouring out of him.
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton OilersThe Ducks need to get a top RW prospect, most of their depth is at the LW position and they need to do what they can to try and get a piece that can play RW in their top 6
25Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg JetsThe Habs go out and get the brother to one of their most promising defensive prospects. They will have an amazing d-core going forward for a long time.
26Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida PanthersHowe has proven that he is not a byproduct of Bedard after having a great season without him in the lineup. Philly is loading up to be a offensive juggernaut.
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Best Player on the board, is his brother Cal?
28Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver CanucksThe Flames kind of need everything and they go ahead and grab the undersized defenseman that fell strictly do to the fact that he is only 5'9".
29Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-The Hurricanes could go any direction with this pick but I have them taking the best Defenseman currently on the board
30Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston BruinsMore so I hometown selection. Very good season with the Chicago Steel. The Senators don't really need Centers at the moment but he is the best player on the board.
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-BPA
32Logo of the New York Rangers-Best Center on the Board in my opinion and they definitely need to bring in some young center options
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
34Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
35Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
36Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
37Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the Montreal Canadiens
38Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
39Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
40Logo of the Calgary Flames-
41Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
42Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
43Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
44Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsLogo of the Philadelphia Flyers
45Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Washington Capitals
46Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
47Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
48Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
49Logo of the New York Islanders-
50Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
51Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
52Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
53Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
54Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
55Logo of the Nashville Predators-
56Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
57Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
58Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
59Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Florida Panthers
60Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
61Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
62Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
63Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
64Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Dallas Stars
65Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the New York Rangers
Apr. 8 at 10:27 a.m.
The Dickinson selection is missing its comment:

Seattle has chosen to draft highly touted offensive prospects in their few short years of existence. They opt to get their cornerstone defenseman for years to come by selecting Dickinson.
Apr. 8 at 10:34 a.m.
power forward
Quoting: Logicalicesports
The Dickinson selection is missing its comment:

Seattle has chosen to draft highly touted offensive prospects in their few short years of existence. They opt to get their cornerstone defenseman for years to come by selecting Dickinson.

Couldn't agree with you more on Dickinson!

Boisvert is if anything a reach. I believe people are overreacting on his recent play, at times he's really good, but there are times where he's unnoticeable. Stiga is actually a big steal, I have him at #11 on my board.
Apr. 8 at 11:13 a.m.
Quoting: Z0ra
Couldn't agree with you more on Dickinson!

Boisvert is if anything a reach. I believe people are overreacting on his recent play, at times he's really good, but there are times where he's unnoticeable. Stiga is actually a big steal, I have him at #11 on my board.

I hear that side of it, but his style of play and the fact that he help pushed the lumberjacks to be as good as they were was an eye opener for me
Apr. 8 at 12:03 p.m.
Imma keep it real: I'd be absolutely irate if Philly goes Boisvert at 12. Like, straight up "fire Briere and the scouting department immediately" levels of mad.

Smaht scouting did an involved thread awhile ago talking about USHL DY production and how it can predict future NHL success. Players with Boisvert's statistical profile end up having a sub-3% chance of becoming impact NHL players, where guys with profiles like Hage have like a 60-70% chance. I get that his actual toolkit and intangibles are going to make him tempting for teams to select and even agree he'll be a 1st rounder come draft day, but if any team takes him higher than 20 they're making an enormous mistake IMO
Apr. 8 at 2:15 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: Logicalicesports
I hear that side of it, but his style of play and the fact that he help pushed the lumberjacks to be as good as they were was an eye opener for me

That makes sense.

Also another pointer is that the Canadiens are high on Iginla.
Apr. 8 at 2:57 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
It is an interesting dilemma for the habs of a centre - too many small finesse players in the lineup so given the choice between Lindstrom, Catton and Iginla, I beleive they opt for Lindstrom.
Apr. 8 at 3:35 p.m.
Quoting: Z0ra
That makes sense.

Also another pointer is that the Canadiens are high on Iginla.

Yes, i did hear that but I don't think they take him at 5th overall. Catton is the better prospect for them to take earlier in the draft.
Apr. 8 at 3:37 p.m.
Quoting: Leemer2
It is an interesting dilemma for the habs of a centre - too many small finesse players in the lineup so given the choice between Lindstrom, Catton and Iginla, I beleive they opt for Lindstrom.

I agree that is a tough call but they already have Dach and Slaf (to name a couple bigger guys) for size so I don't think that poses much of a concern. I think they go with the person they believe will have the most skill translate to the NHL and out of those three its Catton for me

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll