SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

what would it take for the flyers to get catton

what would it take for the flyers to get catton

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Gweh
Published: Apr. 19 at 10:18 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Obvious number 1 pick, Sharks get great center prospect.
2Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Could not happen due to the Russian factor, but Demidov would make a great young line mate for Bedard.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Seeing as how the Ducks acquired Gauthier for Drysdale, it opens up a bit more space to add another high level RHD. Could also pair nicely with one of their younger LHDs given time.
4Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Though defensemen may not be Columbus' most immediate need, at this spot in the draft you either take a defenseman or a center (unless you are THAT high on Helenius), and frankly, Columbus already has quite a few younger centers rostered currently, so I think this pick will work for them (especially taking into consideration that their current rostered defensemen are no younger that 23).
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-I think Montreal goes for a center here with their current young defensemen like Guhle and Hutson coming up to play NHL minutes. They could definitely use another young center to play behind Suzuki, and Lindstrom can 100% be that guy.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-With the idea that the Senators might trade Chychrun this offseason, this opens up room for another defenseman to join the organization, and with Yakemchuk being a RDH, he could make a good partner to Sanderson in a few years.
8Logo of the Seattle Kraken-While getting another young center to join Wright and Beniers wouldn't hurt, I think a much larger team need is getting younger on defense. Right now the youngest rostered defenseman is 27, and with the Kraken missing the playoffs again this season, it might be time to move some pieces and get some youngers guys playing.
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-This pick would just kind of be a lay up for the Flames. You get a solid young center who just so happens to be the son of your franchise-leading scorer.
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Realistically, the Devils may straight up trade this pick in a package for a goalie, but if they can't make a deal work, I could see them taking Parekh. With Hughes and Nemec moving into NHL slots, there are very few defensemen in their system (unless my sources are wrong) and even less being RHDs. This would also help really bolster the defense core if a few years and the Devils can be a threat for a long time.
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Okay this is honestly the pick that matters most. I think it's a 50/50 here between Helenius and Catton, but what I think could push Helenius to be Buffalo's pick over Catton is the fact that they already have a great number of higher quality center prospects, with a less amount of high quality right wing prospects. On the other hand, the Sabres may try to further improve their center depth.
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Ans with that, the Flyers select (maybe) Berkly Catton, a great addition for a team that desperately needs a 1C.
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
16Logo of the Washington Capitals-
17Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
18Logo of the New York Islanders-
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
26Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston Bruins
27Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
28Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida Panthers
29Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-
32Logo of the New York Rangers-
Apr. 19 at 10:28 a.m.
Sennecke is a gem
If we’re being real, Lindstrom definitely doesn’t make it past Columbus, meaning MTL takes Iginla or Catton, and CGY takes the other.
But we’ve seen crazier things happen in a draft, and PHI could still get lucky
Gweh liked this.
Apr. 19 at 11:00 a.m.
Gweh
Quoting: Caufield
If we’re being real, Lindstrom definitely doesn’t make it past Columbus, meaning MTL takes Iginla or Catton, and CGY takes the other.

Right and I think that's the best part of every draft. Literally anything can happen. I mean did anyone expect Shane Wright to drop 3 spots and go to Seattle? Really makes the drafts fun.
Apr. 19 at 5:12 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
Quoting: Caufield

Depending on the lottery winner, I could see both Demidov and Lindstrom dropping to 5th

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll