SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Bottom Teams Playoffs

Bottom Teams Playoffs

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: MyTeamsSuck
Published: Apr. 19 at 1:09 p.m.
Description
I’m not a scout, so I’m not 100% sure about how skilled all the players are. Hence the reason a lot of descriptions say BPA.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsColumbus Blue Jackets (4→1)
  2. Logo of the San Jose SharksSan Jose Sharks (1→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-No doubt the best in the class. Any team at #1 will take him.
2Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Other than Centers, SJ’s biggest need is RHD. Levshunov is clearly the best RHD in the class. They take him 99% of the time.
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Could see CHI taking a D man, but it seems more realistic that they take the BPA in Demidov. A top line of Bedard and Demidov would be electric.
4Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-They could pick Lindstrom here, but since they traded Drysdale, I see them picking a D man. A D core of Zellweger, Mintyukov, and Dickinson would be a force.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Maybe it’s too high, but from what I’ve seen, MTL love Tiggy, and idk who else they would pick. Unfortunate from a Flames pov, but he’s an stud, and deserves to be picked this high.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-I see Ottawa taking either, Yakemchuk or Parakh here. The two best RHD left, to pair with Sanderson.
8Logo of the Seattle Kraken-I think Seattle takes BPA here. Not much need, but their D pool is looking a bit worse than their forward pool so they take the best D man left. Whether that’s Yakemchuck or Parakh would be decided by Ottawas pick.
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-Flames take best center on the board. Personally I think Catton is slightly better than Lindstrom, and Lindstrom is likely gone by this time anyways. Makes the choice easy.
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-NJD take the BPA. The team has more than just playoff aspiration next season, so I don’t see them thinking over this pick to much. They could potentially trade it too.
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Looking for back to back draft steals, BUF picks the best goalscorer in the draft. Eiserman seems a little one dimensional as a player, but you can teach him how to improve on the other things. Offensive awareness, not so much. Still an excellent player, but maybe a few years out.
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-BPA
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-BPA
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsBPA
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-BPA
16Logo of the Washington Capitals-BPA
17Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
18Logo of the New York Islanders-
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
26Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston Bruins
27Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
28Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida Panthers
29Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-
32Logo of the New York Rangers-
Apr. 19 at 1:44 p.m.
Stovetop
Probably the only situation where I wouldn't really mind the Sharks losing the lotto. CBJ deserve to win one.

Also don't think there's a chance Buium falls outside the top 8
Apr. 19 at 10:21 p.m.
Quoting: AStovetop
Probably the only situation where I wouldn't really mind the Sharks losing the lotto. CBJ deserve to win one.

Also don't think there's a chance Buium falls outside the top 8

Why? Their management and development team is a joke and Jiricek is already 1 foot out the door! If sharks lose the 1st pick to CBJ I give it 5 years before a Thornton like deal see’s Celebrini move.
Apr. 22 at 11:52 a.m.
Stovetop
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
Why? Their management and development team is a joke and Jiricek is already 1 foot out the door! If sharks lose the 1st pick to CBJ I give it 5 years before a Thornton like deal see’s Celebrini move.

They have the best fans in the league given their market. Jiricek is NOT leaving. I like the team and they deserve a high end player out of the teams that are in the running for 1st overall (other than Sharks). Also their management literally got canned this year
Apr. 22 at 1:11 p.m.
They have the best fans in the league given their market. Jiricek is NOT leaving. I like the team and they deserve a high end player out of the teams that are in the running for 1st overall (other than Sharks). Also their management literally got canned this year

They did? They need a better development team and GM! And coaches. They have enough talent they should be better.
Apr. 22 at 1:26 p.m.
Stovetop
They did? They need a better development team and GM! And coaches. They have enough talent they should be better.

As i just said their GM was just fired. Their not going to fire the new/interim one. Agreed on the coaching though, Vincent is awful
Apr. 22 at 1:35 p.m.
As i just said their GM was just fired. Their not going to fire the new/interim one. Agreed on the coaching though, Vincent is awful

Their issue went far beyond GM, they need a good GM and a stable development team, I’ve seen too many good talents stagnate or regress the last few years.
Apr. 22 at 1:39 p.m.
Stovetop
Their issue went far beyond GM, they need a good GM and a stable development team, I’ve seen too many good talents stagnate or regress the last few years.

I've loved Shakir, Thrun, Eklund, Bordeleau, Gushchin and Cardwell's development in the AHL the last couple years. But they need a better coach there. That roster is WAY too talented to be missing the playoffs. I've liked the individual development but they need to be playing a team game and getting reps in meaningful games
Apr. 22 at 1:42 p.m.
I've loved Shakir, Thrun, Eklund, Bordeleau, Gushchin and Cardwell's development in the AHL the last couple years. But they need a better coach there. That roster is WAY too talented to be missing the playoffs. I've liked the individual development but they need to be playing a team game and getting reps in meaningful games

Sharks badly need to to change their AHL coach, never liked the McCarthy hire.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll