SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

lottery

lottery

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Caufield
Published: Apr. 23 at 10:02 p.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators (7→1)
  2. Logo of the San Jose SharksSan Jose Sharks (1→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Celebrini goes 1, no matter what team
2Logo of the San Jose Sharks-SJ would definitely need defense, so they take the best D available if they don't get Celebrini. With the fact that RDs are much rarer, Lev is obvious pick here
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-CHI has a couple of directions they could go for, but its probably will be a RD or a Winger, and I think CHI doesn't pass on Demidov
4Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-ANA has reported they are going to try very hard to get a RD and Right shot forward or natural RW this offseason, and I believe the draft will be in use to find one of these. Helenius is the best RS winger available, so they probably go the RD route here, unless Helenius can add a big international tourney to his name
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-CLB is likely chasing a high-ceiling forward since their Defense is pretty stacked. I think its going to be between Lindstrom and Eiserman, with Helenius and Catton being unlikely dark horse candidate
6Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-MTL would seemingly go the forward route, but Sam Dickinson is also a possibility. In terms of forwards, it could be any of Iginla, Catton, Eiserman, or possibly Helenius. If they are value ceiling the most here, it will likely be Eiserman or maybe Catton, but if they are looking for a good fit for the system, likely will be Tij. Helenius could come in if they draft for need (Right shot RW which they don't have much of)
7Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Arizona would probably be looking to add a big defenseman, and I believe Yak is their main target, but with him gone, Silayev or Dickinson is likely the guy
8Logo of the Seattle Kraken-They drafted so many forwards in the past, there is almost no way one of Silayev, Dickinson, or Buium isn't a Kraken
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-I think they are almost guaranteed to draft whoever is left of Iginla or Catton. If both were to be gone, I could see Eiserman or a Buium being the backup plan
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-NJ definitely wants a strong winger. The top candidates for this will be Eiserman, MBN, or Greentree. I think Eiserman makes sense, but MBN is very very slept on and can be a real possibility
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-BUF has an easy choice since Parekh is available
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-PHI needs to target a forward after loosing Gauthier, however, since a talent like Buium is on the boards, and they ended up drafting lower then likely expected, its very possible they take the best player left (I could see STL trading up here, noting its not quite a need for PHI, and could profit off the extra assets and still lock in a top 6 forward at 16)
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-I could see MIN making a sort of a reach here and taking Boisvert or Hage, but they probably will try to gamble on Helenius working out at center
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsGreentree or MBN here, no doubt
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-The other of Greentree or MBN
16Logo of the Washington Capitals-Very difficult guess for STL. If they trade up that clears things a bit, but if they don’t, it complicates things. They could go for Elick or Jiricek, but they could be pretty big reaches. They could go for a LD as well. Leo SW seems like a shout if Elick or Jiricek isn’t the pick, if they stay put that is
17Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
18Logo of the New York Islanders-
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
26Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston Bruins
27Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
28Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida Panthers
29Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-
32Logo of the New York Rangers-
Apr. 24 at 9:48 a.m.
Write ups all make sense, I do think CBJ goes Silayev though with it having a ripple effect on a couple of other picks. I just think they have a stronger future down the middle and on the wing that they often get credit for, and while I like Werenski/Mateychuk/Svozil on the left side they definitely like a big guy who can defend well like Silayev
Caufield liked this.
Apr. 24 at 1:41 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: SpiderSpiderSpider28
Write ups all make sense, I do think CBJ goes Silayev though with it having a ripple effect on a couple of other picks. I just think they have a stronger future down the middle and on the wing that they often get credit for, and while I like Werenski/Mateychuk/Svozil on the left side they definitely like a big guy who can defend well like Silayev

I hope they do, It would give us a chance at Lindstrom, who I would tend to gamble on even with the injury proneness
Apr. 25 at 10:02 a.m.
not a fan of eiserman or nygard so huge pass. Devils will trade down if tij isnt there at 10. i rather Sacha or greentree than Nygard or Eiserman( theres a reason he is falling) Devils need CENTERS look at their center pool its very weak. They need size(6'2+)
Apr. 25 at 12:50 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: TyeZerker
not a fan of eiserman or nygard so huge pass. Devils will trade down if tij isnt there at 10. i rather Sacha or greentree than Nygard or Eiserman( theres a reason he is falling) Devils need CENTERS look at their center pool its very weak. They need size(6'2+)

Then i guess trade down with STL and get Sasha at 16

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll