SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

Bruins Game Discussion

Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:06 p.m.
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce
Quoting: PaulDunnill

Every player has bad stretches. He'll come around....

Maybe offensively he'll come around. Defensively? no chance

He'll get better defensively, lets not forget that he took one off the face and messed up his jaw in the pre-season. These guy are not robots and **** like that will stay in the back of your mind, which ultimately affects your play.
Oct. 24, 2017 at 3:59 p.m.
BreKel
Torey Krug isn't bad defensively. Is he ever going to be a stud in his own end? Not at all..... That said, he's good enough there to easily be considered a top 4 defenseman. He's had a rough start. It happens.
Oct. 24, 2017 at 4:08 p.m.

He's been solid defensively before....sure maybe not a top shutdown guy but that's not what he's there for. He skates well and plays angles well....a "smart" D man. These things he has shown before, he will come around, he missed time to begin the year so he's basically just coming out of training camp now......
Oct. 26, 2017 at 8:52 p.m.
BreKel
Heinen looking great tonight, and picking right where he left off in terms of production.
Oct. 26, 2017 at 8:59 p.m.
Quoting: BreKel
Heinen looking great tonight, and picking right where he left off in terms of production.

Ya, I'm actually not surprised. He look really good last time up and I had a feeling he wouldn't miss a beat coming up. I really think Kuraly needs some AHL time. It give him a chance to work on his infraction issues and not hurt the big club and it free's up a spot to keep Heinen. I'd also consider moving Vatrano or sending Agostino back down because he hasn't blown me away.
Oct. 30, 2017 at 11:17 a.m.
Rask was outstanding Saturday night. Best game he has had all year. Good to see especially after a concussion!!
Nov. 1, 2017 at 7:49 a.m.

He's never going to win a Norris with defense, but he's effective when he's on his full game. At the end of the day his offensive ability outweighs is defensive ability.
Nov. 1, 2017 at 11:17 a.m.
Edited Nov. 1, 2017 at 11:34 a.m.
good fight back game by boston. Man, the two points would've looked nice though
Nov. 2, 2017 at 10:28 a.m.
good fight back game by boston. Man, the two points would've looked nice though

Yes!! At least it gives them confidence that they can turn things around within 60 minutes. Cassidy been getting a workout at juggling lines but in a way is a good thing because it forces guys to play to a system because they are not very familiar with linemates.

Need these 2 points tonight!!!
Nov. 4, 2017 at 10:50 p.m.
Edited Nov. 4, 2017 at 11:00 p.m.
Good 40 minute effort but again lose because they put themselves in a hole early. Powerplay needed to convert on the double minor powerplay and it ended up being the difference. Rask kept them in another game saving 3 breakaways. With how depleted this roster is, it should only get better as players start to come back
Nov. 5, 2017 at 7:08 a.m.
Good 40 minute effort but again lose because they put themselves in a hole early. Powerplay needed to convert on the double minor powerplay and it ended up being the difference. Rask kept them in another game saving 3 breakaways. With how depleted this roster is, it should only get better as players start to come back

We're not in bad shape. I mean if you look at it, we're so decimated by injuries, but were still in these games against of the NHL's better teams. Our last 4 losses have been one goals games and some of those required OT/SO, so the team is getting points. I will say its said the lack of support Rask gets with his own fans. When Boston loses the fans instantly blame Rask and when Boston wins those same fans wont give Rask a shred of credit. Its also getting annoying how the in thing seems to be calling every goal against a "soft goal". The good news is that term helps me figure out who knows what their actually talking about and who is just a following the masses to try to fit in, but doesn't anything about hockey.

If we can get healthy, we just need to get into the playoffs (even as the last seed) and see what happens. This team has the talent to surprise people, we've just been unable to ice a full team all year.
Nov. 5, 2017 at 1:52 p.m.
Edited Nov. 5, 2017 at 2:10 p.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N

We're not in bad shape. I mean if you look at it, we're so decimated by injuries, but were still in these games against of the NHL's better teams. Our last 4 losses have been one goals games and some of those required OT/SO, so the team is getting points. I will say its said the lack of support Rask gets with his own fans. When Boston loses the fans instantly blame Rask and when Boston wins those same fans wont give Rask a shred of credit. Its also getting annoying how the in thing seems to be calling every goal against a "soft goal". The good news is that term helps me figure out who knows what their actually talking about and who is just a following the masses to try to fit in, but doesn't anything about hockey.

If we can get healthy, we just need to get into the playoffs (even as the last seed) and see what happens. This team has the talent to surprise people, we've just been unable to ice a full team all year.

haha, I see that all over twitter. Every goal is a soft goal now according to a majority of bruins fans
Nov. 6, 2017 at 10:29 a.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N

haha, I see that all over twitter. Every goal is a soft goal now according to a majority of bruins fans

For that reason I'm glad I'm not on Twitter!!
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Nov. 8, 2017 at 10:40 p.m.
It seems like I only comment when they lose but another ok effort after the 1st period. They really need to stop letting up goals early. Pastrnak (although a goal) continues to make stupid decisions. Powerplay 0-4. Im not even gunna comment about Beleskey
Nov. 9, 2017 at 11:12 a.m.
Ya tough game when you only play 2 periods. I would just like to see 10 straight games with everyone healthy to see what damage they could do. Unfortunately with fairly lengthy injuries, even when you get back to the ice, you're not really in "game shape" for another 5-10 games. If they can stay within range, the B's could make a strong push the 2d half of the season.
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Nov. 9, 2017 at 3:56 p.m.
All in all this team (for as many injuries as we have) isn't doing terrible. We're 1 point less than we were last year after 14 games and a -3 in goal diff vs -1 (last year). Goal scoring is up almost half a goal, but so is our GA.
Nov. 10, 2017 at 10:12 p.m.
Solid effort, dissapointing loss for sure. Powerplay and DP88 takes the cake for me. When the bruins got that powerplay with 4 minutes left there was almost no effort to score another goal. Z and Pasta (all though a goal) overall didnt have good nights for me. Pastrnak really needs to be more aware of the situation in overtime. It was a high risk high reward move and he turned it over again
Nov. 11, 2017 at 10:02 p.m.
BMvNlI8CQAAZ4qF.jpg
Nov. 15, 2017 at 10:35 a.m.
BMvNlI8CQAAZ4qF.jpg

Haha, this must have been from the Saturday night game against the Leafs!!
Nov. 30, 2017 at 2:29 p.m.
BreKel
Bruins team, once healthy (if they get there) are going to be a lot of fun.
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Dec. 8, 2017 at 12:48 p.m.
Quoting: BreKel
Bruins team, once healthy (if they get there) are going to be a lot of fun.

pretty much healthy now and they ARE going to be fun to watch!! Watch them climb the standings now!!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll