Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$80,000,000$73,120,833$2,550,000$4,550,000$6,879,167
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RW
UFA - 6
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
RW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
C, LW, RW
RFA
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 11, 2018 at 10:48 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Edited Jan. 12, 2018 at 12:46 a.m.
DCB If you are just speculating then remind me to never invest in anything you are recommending because I think I would lose my shirt.

Lou would vote with his feet and just walk away from you or hang-up on you rather than waisting his time talking to you. You should be contacting Marc Bergevin the most incompetent GM in the NHL to bite on your deal rather than Lou.

There is absolutely no chance the Leafs would be willing to trade Liljegren, Brown and Brooks for Truba. I am not even sure he would be willing to trade Connor Brown straight up for Truba. Liljegran is an elite, elite potentially No.1 offensive defenceman who can quarterback a power play and is the type of game changer defenceman that the Leafs have dreamed of drafting for years. Adam Brooks although not known to most Leafs fans has huge upside as a offensive centre if he can make one final jump from junior to the pros. He is being slow cooked on the Marlies and mentored by Sheldon Keefe so i like his odds of developing. If you do not believe me then give Sam Steel a call and ask him what he thinks of Adam Brooks.

There is no way that the Leafs would trade Matt Martin for a 4rst round pick. Matt Martin is a tremendous team player and mentor to the younger Leafs players and is very popular with his teammates and he protects all his teammates on the ice. He is also a very good friend of John Tavares and I would not be surprised if Tavares signs a 1 year deal to play in TO for 2018-2019 season and trys to win a Stanley Cup and reunite with Babcock and Marleau before he signs his long-term deal. He will also make another $5,000,000 for the season in endorsements playing in TO for the year.You have to realize that hockey is a team sport and the chemistry of a team is very important to the on ice success of a team.
DCB liked this.
Jan. 11, 2018 at 11:35 p.m.
Wow that's bad
Jan. 11, 2018 at 11:36 p.m.
Quoting: TMLSage
DCB If you are just speculating then remind me to never invest in anything you are recommending because I think I would lose my shirt.

Lou would vote with his feet and just walk away from you or hang-up on you rather than waisting his time talking to you. You should be contacting Marc Bergevin the most competent GM in the NHL to bite on your deal rather than Lou.

There is absolutely no chance the Leafs would be willing to trade Liljegren, Brown and Brooks for Truba. I am not even sure he would be willing to trade Connor Brown straight up for Truba. Liljegran is an elite, elite potentially No.1 offensive defenceman who can quarterback a power play and is the type of game changer defenceman that the Leafs have dreamed of drafting for years. Adam Brooks although not known to most Leafs fans has huge upside as a offensive centre if he can make one final jump from junior to the pros. He is being slow cooked on the Marlies and mentored by Sheldon Keefe so i like his odds of developing. If you do not believe me then give Sam Steel a call and ask him what he thinks of Adam Brooks.

There is no way that the Leafs would trade Matt Martin for a 4rst round pick. Matt Martin is a tremendous team player and mentor to the younger Leafs players and is very popular with his teammates and he protects all his teammates on the ice. He is also a very good friend of John Tavares and I would not be surprised if Tavares signs a 1 years deal to play in TO for 2018-2019 season and trys to win a Stanley Cup and reunite with Babcock and Marleau before he signs his long-term deal. He will also make another $5,000,000 for the season in endorsements playing in TO for the year.You have to realize that hockey is a team sport and the chemistry of a team is very important to the on ice success of a team.

Lou would vote with his feet and just walk away from you or hang-up on you rather than waisting his time talking to you. You should be contacting Marc Bergevin the most competent GM in the NHL to bite on your deal rather than Lou.

There is no way that the Leafs would trade Matt Martin for a 4rst round pick. Matt Martin is a tremendous team player and mentor to the younger Leafs players and is very popular with his teammates and he protects all his teammates on the ice. He is also a very good friend of John Tavares and I would not be surprised if Tavares signs a 1 years deal to play in TO for 2018-2019 season and trys to win a Stanley Cup and reunite with Babcock and Marleau before he signs his long-term deal. He will also make another $5,000,000 for the season in endorsements playing in TO for the year.You have to realize that hockey is a team sport and the chemistry of a team is very important to the on ice success of a team.

DAMN!! That is one of the best explained, most knowledgeable comments I've seen in my 2? Months of being on here. Well done!

Btw if it wasn't clear I don't do the trade either.
Jan. 12, 2018 at 12:01 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Since Trouba has just 2 years to before being a UFA, and he seems to be bend on being one, the trade is bad for the Leafs. Trouba is eligible for arbitration for the next two seasons, then he's aUFA
And if you believe the Leafs want to go into the 2019/20 season with no performance bonuses carryover, the math on this 2018/19 doesn't work either.
DCB liked this.
Jan. 12, 2018 at 6:54 p.m.
DCB

Lou would vote with his feet and just walk away from you or hang-up on you rather than waisting his time talking to you. You should be contacting Marc Bergevin the most incompetent GM in the NHL to bite on your deal rather than Lou.

There is no way that the Leafs would trade Matt Martin for a 4rst round pick. Matt Martin is a tremendous team player and mentor to the younger Leafs players and is very popular with his teammates and he protects all his teammates on the ice. He is also a very good friend of John Tavares and I would not be surprised if Tavares signs a 1 year deal to play in TO for 2018-2019 season and trys to win a Stanley Cup and reunite with Babcock and Marleau before he signs his long-term deal. He will also make another $5,000,000 for the season in endorsements playing in TO for the year.You have to realize that hockey is a team sport and the chemistry of a team is very important to the on ice success of a team.

A couple things:

1. I appreciate your passion, insight and rebuttal to my proposed idea.
2. I'm sorry if I offended you by creating fantasy trades on a fantasy hockey website.
3. This is a reminder to tell you never to invest in anything I propose again (as you requested)
4. Your points about Liljegren, Brooks and Martin are all correct.
5. I do realize and agree hockey " is a team sport and the chemistry of a team is very important to the on ice success of a team."
6. The Martin trade was more clearing a bit of cap space and opening up a roster spot just to theoretically show what a more skilled lineup looks like. I don't recall questioning Matt Martin's ability to be a " tremendous team player and mentor to the younger Leafs players and is very popular with his teammates and he protects all his teammates on the ice" and agree with all your points. Just creating a theoretical trade IF he was moved, maybe a 2nd or 3rd is more realistic? Nothing about questioning his character, just trying to speculate potential value and what the return would be.
7. I suggest you create a team with your proposed idea of trading Brown for Trouba 1 for 1 and signing Johhny Tavares to a 1 year deal (yes he will get endorsements as you stated correctly) and see what others think. I'm not sure trading a 3RW for a top pair RHD is a feasible idea but you know more about Lamoriello's tendencies then I do so i'll take your word.
8. I acknowledge its a hefty over payment, again its a fantasy hockey website.
9. If you have Sam Steele's # i'd love to give him a call i'm sure he'd have great things to day about brooks that i'd readily agree with.
10. I apologize for the randomness in which I ordered my points cause they're all over the place.
11. Have a nice weekend.

Cheers
Jan. 13, 2018 at 12:00 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: DCB
A couple things:
Cheers

DCB

I want you to know that you did not offend me and you do not owe me any kind of apology. I am the guy that probably owes you the apology for some of my comments. For your information, I am a die hard Maple Leafs fan living out west and along way from Toronto and have taken insults most of my life for being a die hard Maple Leafs fan. I think I was out of line for a fantasy website but I honesty am a big fan of Brown, Liljegran, Brooks and Martin and did not think these were good trades for the Leafs and especially to be aquiring a player who does not appear to be a fan of playing in Canada.

I never proposed trading Brown for Truba but only said that I am not sure if Lou would be willing to trade Connor Brown straight up for Truba. I actually would never trade Brown and would actually have him on my first line with Matthews and Hyman. Brown was McDavid's linemate in Erie so he knows how to play with a talented centre. I would then move Marner into Bozak's centre position and move Nylander to right wing on Marner's line with JVR. I posted the idea of the Leafs acquiring Taveres on a 1 year deal months ago so I do not think I need to do it again.But, I want you to know that I honestly believe the Leafs are going to make a major push for John Tavares and go all in for the 2018-2019 season to win a cup.

As for Brooks he and Sam Steel were great teammates in Regina and I honestly believe Brooks may develope into a quality NHL centre.

Anyways, I can tell that you too are a diehard Maple Leafs fan like me.

Regards
DCB liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll