SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Some new ideas

Jan. 28, 2016 at 12:45 a.m.
Edited Jan. 28, 2016 at 1:08 a.m.
Hey guys,

The sites awesome and by far the best one out there. Keep up the great work!

Got some new ideas and tweaks for your consideration:

- Not sure the complexity involved that would be needed but being able to "roll forward" the calender season from 15-16 to 16-17 etc while keeping the changes you've made from the previous season would be awesome. Rather than make your 15-16 team. Close, Restart. Roll forward. Enter all the data from the previous AGM to the new one. Once again I'm not sure how hard that would be to do but I think it would be really cool.

- Make me an offer mode. My original idea (AGM thread) needs a couple tweaks but the idea is interesting.

- Make any section with data sortable/filterable. Example Players section - Free agents, Browse cap hits etc. (By age, handedness, etc) The trends section would be much better if it were filterable also.

- Incorporate into AGM or simply just add this to the site: http://nhllotterysimulator.com/

- In AGM mode, have a pop up tell you if a trade puts the other team over the cap so at least you know. Similar to NHL16 in be a GM mode.

- Instead of having a recall player drop down list, have all those players with a smaller but actual player "rectangle" icon in the AHL buried section. Having them more accessible is easier and lets you insert them into trades without having to recall them first then being able to trade them. The whole buyout/retained salary section is too space consuming for what it really does. A single line similar to when a player is put on LTIR is suffice to give the user the info while being out of the way. Showing all the players in the system in the AHL buried section below the actual team would also be advantageous to be able to slot prospects and players accordingly to their value/skill etc with the organization. The AHL buried section currently is weird because it applies to veteran players and some young players the same way sometimes. Example for MTL. Sending Jacob de La Rose to the minors puts him in the AHL buried section even though he is on a 2-way ELC. That's a small issue though obviously.

- Include the inactive players that are not officially retired in the sign UFA/RFA section for the AGM. This way you can insert players like A. Matthews to the team with all his data without having to create him.

That's all for now.
DD67 liked this.
Jan. 29, 2016 at 11:42 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
These are excellent suggestions F50marco, thank you for them!

We will see what we can do on incorporating these smile
Feb. 12, 2016 at 4:30 p.m.
Similar to the Trade Partner Cap Violation notice idea, a notice if a trade puts the partner team over the 50 contact limit.
Feb. 22, 2016 at 5:10 p.m.
Quoting: Banks

Ok, so just let me know when I can pick up my cheque. :P
Feb. 22, 2016 at 5:14 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: F50marco

wink

I was just about to reply to this thread - hope you like the changes, more are planned as well smile
Feb. 23, 2016 at 12:03 a.m.

Yeah, looking good so far!
wink

I was just about to reply to this thread - hope you like the changes, more are planned as well smile
Feb. 23, 2016 at 12:04 a.m.

wink

Yeah looking good so far! wink
Feb. 24, 2016 at 9:34 p.m.
Breadman got paid.
The non-roster thing is bugging out for me, it just has random blank squares of where there should be players with just their handedness there.
Feb. 24, 2016 at 9:36 p.m.
Breadman got paid.
Well, it bugs out for the 16-17 season.
Feb. 25, 2016 at 9:56 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: DontTradeNash
Well, it bugs out for the 16-17 season.

This is fixed, but it shouldn't have made it past the testing phase - we will be changing our testing method to prevent this from happening again.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll