SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Give me your best Ryan O'Reilly trade ideas!!!

Mar. 7, 2018 at 4:13 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Let me know what some teams might give up for Ryan O'Reilly

Keep in mind

Always a top 5 faceoff man league wide
Has 5 55+ point seasons, will be 6 this season (only 6 points away) (will also be 5 consecutive 55+ point seasons)
Has 3 20+ goal seasons, will be 4 this season (only 1 goal away)
Won the Lady Byng trophy in 2013-14
In his last 6 years he only has 38 PIM, while scoring 303 points in 399 games during those 6 years.

In fact Ryan O'Reilly has amassed only a single 2 minute penalty in 65 games this season!!! He doesn't take penalties that make your team shorthanded
Mar. 7, 2018 at 7:53 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Edited Mar. 7, 2018 at 8:11 p.m.
Quoting: Zach
Let me know what some teams might give up for Ryan O'Reilly

Keep in mind

Always a top 5 faceoff man league wide
Has 5 55+ point seasons, will be 6 this season (only 6 points away) (will also be 5 consecutive 55+ point seasons)
Has 3 20+ goal seasons, will be 4 this season (only 1 goal away)
Won the Lady Byng trophy in 2013-14
In his last 6 years he only has 38 PIM, while scoring 303 points in 399 games during those 6 years.

In fact Ryan O'Reilly has amassed only a single 2 minute penalty in 65 games this season!!! He doesn't take penalties that make your team shorthanded

you can bet Habs would be 1st in line. If I told you the only untouchables for MTL at the moment would be all of their 1st rd picks, Gallagher, and Poehling. What would it take?

Edit: You can add Price and Weber to the untouchables, not because Habs wouldn't be opposed to moving them, but they would never get full value for them. and considering acquiring ROR would indicate no rebuild, Price and Weber wouldn't be available anyways.
Mar. 7, 2018 at 8:15 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: Blazingbat11
you can bet Habs would be 1st in line. If I told you the only untouchables for MTL at the moment would be all of their 1st rd picks, Gallagher, and Poehling. What would it take?

Edit: You can add Price and Weber to the untouchables, not because Habs wouldn't be opposed to moving them, but they would never get full value for them. and considering acquiring ROR would indicate no rebuild, Price and Weber wouldn't be available anyways.

I myself would want Galchenyuk, Danault, and Mete for Ryan O'Reilly and Johan Larsson
Mar. 7, 2018 at 8:31 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Zach
I myself would want Galchenyuk, Danault, and Mete for Ryan O'Reilly and Johan Larsson

in a ROR deal I think Galchenyuk is a given. and I wouldn't be opposed to moving Danault or Mete, but not both with Chucky. I'd say Chucky and you can pick one of Mete or Danault, Habs throw in a pick (3rd rd?), and you can keep Larsson.
Mar. 9, 2018 at 1:37 a.m.
@Zach : are you O'Rielly's agent by any chance? I have to ask Sticking Out Tongue

@Daryl : Henrique + 2nd for O'Reilly is ALWAYS available nod
Daryl liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll