Forums/Armchair-GM

NSH-MTL

Created by: Nik_SH
Team: 2018-19 Nashville Predators
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 16, 2018
Published: Mar. 16, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
1)Tavares needs a real contender to win the Stanley Cup. NSH-perfect choice.
2)Tolvanen-looks like an elite sniper. Tavares will help him so much(with progression
), and line with Gallagher should be so dangerous.
3) Do not worry about Forsb-Joh-Arvi chemistry, because new line with Jarnkrok will be so good(mb better then with Joh). It is 3 Swedish guys, and they are on fire this season.
4)NSH lost 2017 1st and 2nd round pick, with this trade they will return 1st pick.
------------
What do you think about this trade and team lineup?
------------
If you think that Tavares can sign a contract with Montreal....so, i cant help you.
Tavares want the cup. And Preds will help him with that. And he will help the Preds.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$2,250,000
4$2,250,000
2$675,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Tolvanen, Eeli
3$925,000
7$10,500,000
1$1,200,000
Trades
NSH
  1. Benn, Jordie
  2. Gallagher, Brendan
  3. 2019 1st round pick (MTL)
  4. 2019 3rd round pick (MTL)
  5. 2020 5th round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
Condition: If the 2019 1st is a top 10 pick, MTL will retain the pick and NSH will receive a 2020 1st instead.
MTL
  1. Bonino, Nick
  2. Johansen, Ryan
  3. 2019 4th round pick (NSH)
  4. 2020 3rd round pick (NSH)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
25$78,000,000$76,821,666$0$500,000$1,178,334
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Tolvanen, Eeli
$925,000$925,000
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 7
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 6
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 4
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$625,000$625,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$666,666$666,666
C, LW
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW
UFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 4
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
G
UFA - 3
$675,000$675,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 16, 2018 at 1:24 a.m.
GoCanada
Montreal Fan here, I could add Mete, and retain Weber for that. Heck, id add Petry man
Mar. 16, 2018 at 1:24 a.m.
GoCanada
Montreal Fan here, I could add Mete, and retain Weber for that. Heck, id add Petry man
Mar. 16, 2018 at 9:08 a.m.
Tell you what: Let's keep it simple -- Gallagher for Johansen. Don't want Bonino and not giving away a #1.
Mar. 16, 2018 at 9:09 a.m.
Quoting: jassan28

What are you trying to say because it's really not clear?
Mar. 16, 2018 at 9:31 a.m.
Johansen is getting a reputation as a coach killer. How can a kid with that much talent underachieve so spectacularly. It's like Lecavelier. How can a guy go to Nashville in his prime and see his point totals go down?

So let me get this straight: you want to trade Johansen @$8M for seven more years and Bonino (@$4M for another four years) for Gallagher, Benn and a first? No thank you.
HabsRafiki liked this.
Mar. 16, 2018 at 9:33 a.m.
Quoting: HabsRafiki
Tell you what: Let's keep it simple -- Gallagher for Johansen. Don't want Bonino and not giving away a #1.

Based on points, straight up, this would be fair. Preds get Gallagher and $4M in cap space for the Tasmanian Devil of Montreal. (It would still break my heart)
HabsRafiki liked this.
Mar. 16, 2018 at 10:59 a.m.
@HabsRafiki @Truebeliever

If MB is still at the helm and Molson wants no part of rebuilding at all, than I'd do this in a heartbeat.

Dear fellow Habs fans, (Im a Habs fan too) stop being so F***ing picky. Johansen is a 25 year old 6'3 centerman who wins faceoffs, plays tough, scores goals, etc etc etc. Has scored on average 60+ points every year since 12-13. Yeah he's having a mediocre year this year, so is Forsberg, so is Turris, so is a lot of players around the league. RYJO is the #1 center on the arguably best team in the NHL right now. No we wouldn't want that, right?

If you are waiting for the top 10 in scoring #1 center to join the Habs then you are going to be waiting a long time. If you think drafting Veleno is going to be our savior, chances are you will be waiting a long time. If you think Poehling has top end potential, you will be waiting a long time. If you think Pacioretty will land us a #1 center potential prospect, chances are unless Pacioretty rebounds next year and is traded afterwards, YOU ARE GOING TO BE WAITING FOR A LONG TIME. Good centerman do not grow on trees. We of all people should understand this yet we continue to say "no" when one is available???? "I'd rather have Matthews or Tavares, etc.." Yeah so would every other team in the NHL! What has been our success rate at landing those types of players in the past 25 years? Its ok i'll wait.............

We'd be getting a true #1 center, a true #3 center for a solid 2nd line winger whose having a great year (and I love me some Gallagher but at the end of the day he plays a position that can be easily replaced) and a 1st rounder next year which if the Habs made this trade would ensure they won't be as bad as they are this year and even if they were for whatever reason, its top 10 protected.

Oh no Johansen is paid 8M!? How ever will we be able to fit that under our cap? Oh that's right, we have oodles of cap space....and no one to spend it on.......

Johansen is a coach killer? Go look at some of the other players who have this moniker.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2597927-ranking-the-top-coach-killers-in-the-nhl-today
https://www.thesportster.com/hockey/top-10-coach-killers-in-the-nhl/

The only coach ever to be fired while Johansen was a part of the team is Todd Richards..... Todd Richards has only brought his team to playoffs once in his tenure as head coach and currently is back to being an assistant coach full time. With no murmur's of him getting a new gig anytime soon......maybe he was simply not a good enough coach? If Laviolette had a problem with RYJO he sure isn't showing it. The guy plays 18+ mins a night.....

I can't stand this perception by Habs fans that we somehow have options here......that we'll wait for a better option to come forth...........Are we throwing all eggs into the JT basket? What happens when we inevitably not sign him? What then? 33 year old Paul Stastny maybe? 450 year old Joe Thornton??? We draft an elite center in a draft where their are none? Settle for Veleno and put all the pressure on him to be the guy? Worked well with Galchenyuk didn't it?

This is all hypothetical anyway because Poile would be silly to make this move, its simply not enough from the Habs. Other teams would pay handsomely for those two together and be better for it. The Habs fans mean while will continue say "Centers are hard to get" because that is what dumbo MB keeps telling us...... No they aren't. We just have a silly idea in our head that we should be able to get a #1 center for McCarron, Carr, Juulsen and a 2nd round pick...........

Guess its another 10 years of no centers for Montreal..........................
Mar. 16, 2018 at 11:53 a.m.
Quoting: F50marco

If MB is still at the helm and Molson wants no part of rebuilding at all, than I'd do this in a heartbeat.

Dear fellow Habs fans, (Im a Habs fan too) stop being so F***ing picky. Johansen is a 25 year old 6'3 centerman who wins faceoffs, plays tough, scores goals, etc etc etc. Has scored on average 60+ points every year since 12-13. Yeah he's having a mediocre year this year, so is Forsberg, so is Turris, so is a lot of players around the league. RYJO is the #1 center on the arguably best team in the NHL right now. No we wouldn't want that, right?

If you are waiting for the top 10 in scoring #1 center to join the Habs then you are going to be waiting a long time. If you think drafting Veleno is going to be our savior, chances are you will be waiting a long time. If you think Poehling has top end potential, you will be waiting a long time. If you think Pacioretty will land us a #1 center potential prospect, chances are unless Pacioretty rebounds next year and is traded afterwards, YOU ARE GOING TO BE WAITING FOR A LONG TIME. Good centerman do not grow on trees. We of all people should understand this yet we continue to say "no" when one is available???? "I'd rather have Matthews or Tavares, etc.." Yeah so would every other team in the NHL! What has been our success rate at landing those types of players in the past 25 years? Its ok i'll wait.............

We'd be getting a true #1 center, a true #3 center for a solid 2nd line winger whose having a great year (and I love me some Gallagher but at the end of the day he plays a position that can be easily replaced) and a 1st rounder next year which if the Habs made this trade would ensure they won't be as bad as they are this year and even if they were for whatever reason, its top 10 protected.

Oh no Johansen is paid 8M!? How ever will we be able to fit that under our cap? Oh that's right, we have oodles of cap space....and no one to spend it on.......

Johansen is a coach killer? Go look at some of the other players who have this moniker.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2597927-ranking-the-top-coach-killers-in-the-nhl-today

The only coach ever to be fired while Johansen was a part of the team is Todd Richards..... Todd Richards has only brought his team to playoffs once in his tenure as head coach and currently is back to being an assistant coach full time. With no murmur's of him getting a new gig anytime soon......maybe he was simply not a good enough coach? If Laviolette had a problem with RYJO he sure isn't showing it. The guy plays 18+ mins a night.....

I can't stand this perception by Habs fans that we somehow have options here......that we'll wait for a better option to come forth...........Are we throwing all eggs into the JT basket? What happens when we inevitably not sign him? What then? 33 year old Paul Stastny maybe? 450 year old Joe Thornton??? We draft an elite center in a draft where their are none? Settle for Veleno and put all the pressure on him to be the guy? Worked well with Galchenyuk didn't it?

This is all hypothetical anyway because Poile would be silly to make this move, its simply not enough from the Habs. Other teams would pay handsomely for those two together and be better for it. The Habs fans mean while will continue say "Centers are hard to get" because that is what dumbo MB keeps telling us...... No they aren't. We just have a silly idea in our head that we should be able to get a #1 center for McCarron, Carr, Juulsen and a 2nd round pick...........

This is the best Montreal argument I have seen on here. Well done, F50marco.
Mar. 16, 2018 at 5:05 p.m.

Hey, Pal. I didn't say I wouldn't do it. I just said I'd want it stripped down. I suspect MB would make it too.

Johansen is a conundrum for the Pred and he's clogging up a lot of cap space for a great many years. Don't kid yourself: $8M is still a lot of money for any team because it sets a marker for 3-4 others in the dressing room. So moving Johansen and saving $4M for Gallagher might be fair. Heck, Montreal might have to offer up another prospect or pick, but with Savoie in next year's draft and Lafrenniere in the 2020 draft, Montreal's not risking their #1 picks. If Shaw is finished, then Bonino is a good option, but so is Pleks at $2.5 or $3.
Mar. 16, 2018 at 5:53 p.m.
Quoting: Truebeliever
Hey, Pal. I didn't say I wouldn't do it. I just said I'd want it stripped down. I suspect MB would make it too.

Johansen is a conundrum for the Pred and he's clogging up a lot of cap space for a great many years. Don't kid yourself: $8M is still a lot of money for any team because it sets a marker for 3-4 others in the dressing room. So moving Johansen and saving $4M for Gallagher might be fair. Heck, Montreal might have to offer up another prospect or pick, but with Savoie in next year's draft and Lafrenniere in the 2020 draft, Montreal's not risking their #1 picks. If Shaw is finished, then Bonino is a good option, but so is Pleks at $2.5 or $3.

"So let me get this straight: you want to trade Johansen @$8M for seven more years and Bonino (@$4M for another four years) for Gallagher, Benn and a first? No thank you." Can you see where there might be some confusion with that statement?

As for Savoie, I have no idea who that is and he must not be that great to not be named in numerous outlets like hockeydb, eliteprospects and as for Lafreniere he is likely the 1st overall so it'll take a stupid amount of luck to get him but regardless your hanging onto a thread of hope that maybe you'll get those guys anyway. What are the odds the Habs land those players? 1/1000?

Plus I specifically mentioned that if Molson didn't want MB to rebuild I would do this. If the goal was to still try and compete for a cup while Price and Weber are here than I'd do this trade.If we are rebuilding than Im ok not making it.

if this was offered to MTL and turned down, than I guarantee you MTL will never get a true #1 center barring a UFA player like Tavares or we draft one. Both scenario's are long shots at this point.
Mar. 16, 2018 at 6:02 p.m.
"As for Savoie, I have no idea who that is and he must not be that great to not be named in numerous outlets like hockeydb, eliteprospects.

Apologies, slip of the keys: It's Lavoie. Raphael Lavoie . Lafrenniere might well be #1, certainly top 5 (two years is a long time). Still, let's say Price gets hurt and the Habs miss the playoffs by 2 points ... do you want to be the GM that traded away that pick? ... to f---ing Nashville?!!! No.
Mar. 16, 2018 at 6:17 p.m.
Quoting: Truebeliever
Apologies, slip of the keys: It's Lavoie. Raphael Lavoie Lafrenniere might well be #1, certainly top 5 (two years is a long time). Still, let's say Price gets hurt and the Habs miss the playoffs by 2 points ... do you want to be the GM that traded away that pick? ... to f---ing Nashville?!!! No.

Oh ok got it. I dunno, he's got good stats but he is still far from a sure thing. In this scenario above he'd be in the draft of the year the pick is being given up. That's a lot of pressure hanging over one prospect that we don't even know if we'll get.

As for Price that's always a possibility. There is a risk in everything but to every risk there is a reward. The reward is that we might have a 60-80 pt centerman to play with Galchenyuk and Drouin. A 40 pts center to play with Lehkonen and Hudon. What did it cost us? If we get only a little luck in this scenario, a bottom pairing dman. A 20-30 goal winger and a potentially a late 1st rounder. Lose a little cap space that we aren't even using anyway.....

Anyhow, not picking on you directly True Believer but I've seen this kind of response from Habs fans plenty of times and it drives me up the wall. Yeah I want McDavid, Stamkos, Tavares, Lafreniere, Matthews as much as the next guy but we of all hockey team fans should not, I REPEAT, not be dismissing #1 centers like Johansen aside because we're losing a gritty winger and a 1st rounder. That is the price for that type of player and frankly its a steal.
Mar. 16, 2018 at 6:44 p.m.
Oh ok got it. I dunno, he's got good stats but he is still far from a sure thing. In this scenario above he'd be in the draft of the year the pick is being given up. That's a lot of pressure hanging over one prospect that we don't even know if we'll get.

Lavoie is currently rated #8 for the 2019 draft. THN says: "Big kid, nearly point per gamer in forst full season in the Q. Sent down to get his game straight as a rookie (last year). Took it well. Now: Beast in the making. Scout says: "Amazing hands for a big man. I bet he'd go in the first round this year. Skating is coming because he hasn't grown into his body yet." Julien Gauthier had the same type of review and eventually slipped into the 20s, but you never know.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll