SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Possibility?

Possibility?

Draft Class: 2018
Created By: MoreOfAnIslesGuy
Published: Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:35 a.m.
Description
I didn't select the lottery, but also didn't use the first lottery.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the New York IslandersNew York Islanders
  2. Logo of the Buffalo SabresBuffalo Sabres
  3. Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Islanders-The obvious first pick is Rasmus Dahlin. Hes a talented dman and will benefit the islanders defensive core greatly. He is projected to be a Top D-man within his first few seasons and maybe even a franchise player, something the Isles will need if Tavares is leaving.
2Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-To fill the gap Evander Kane left on the wing, young Andrei Svechnikov would be a nice fit on same line as Eichel in the near future.
3Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Montreal is in desperate need of a solid 1c, and in my opinion Brady Tkachuk is shaping up to be just that. It'd be a shame if Montreal passed up on Tkachuk with this pick.
4Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-A nice defensive prospect, the Coyotes need to thicken up their defensive prospects to play alongside Chychurin and Ekman-Larsson.
5Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-A solid winger for the Canucks, in due time I believe Zadina will replace the gap left by the near retirement of the Sedin twins.
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Wahlstrom was my first pick for Detroit, but I think that'd be a shame because Zetterberg's replacement is already in the town, the one and only Dylan Larkin is a solid 1c of the future. So, I thought to thicken up Detroit's aging defensive core, Hughes would be the pick for Detroit.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-The Sens already have a great D-core, but with the lack of Kyle Turris and Mika Zibanejad leaves a hole on the 2c position, something Wahlstrom would fit into nicely.
8Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Being that Darnell Nurse hasn't quite panned out yet, I think that the Oilers need another D-man to play alongside Larsson, and without Dahlin that would be Ty Smith, a young and promising Top 4 defenseman.
9Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Farabee may be something in the future, and a bonafied winger is needed on the second and third lines. Saad and Kane cant carry an entire team forever.
10Logo of the New York Rangers-With the loss of some of the key pieces of the Rangers defense, I think their chips would be on Ryan Merkley panning out. The center position is already locked up tight for the Rangers, and I doubt they'd need another piece to their machine when it comes to the middle.
11Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Jordan Staal is a solid 2c, but having him on the 1st line is not a good idea. With some luck and good development, you could see Rasmus Kupari sprout into a fine looking 2c or even 1c.
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-Akil Thomas is a young center who might be able to be that solid 2c that the Panthers will need in the future. If not, he's definetly a bonafied 3c.
13Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the St. Louis BluesThe up-and-coming Ivan Provorov will need a defensive partner in the future. I think McIsaac will fill that gap once some of those veterans start retiring or leaving Philly.
14Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Calgary FlamesThough the center position is locked tight by Tavares, how long will he be there? With the second 1st round pick of the Islanders, i'd take Veleno. If Garth Snow learns to properly develop players, Veleno could possibly take the 2c spot from Barzal after he's taken the 1c spot from Tavares.
15Logo of the New Jersey Devils-The Devils have a great offense, but their defense is lacking outside of Damon Severson. To bolster their defense they need a solid prospect, and I'm thinking that without Larsson, Noah Dobson could take the place of that young prospect.
16Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-With the Johansen-Jones trade from a while back, the Jackets are looking for a 2c or 3c to help out Wennberg and Dubinsky, a place where Lundestrom would slide into nicely.
17Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-I think that the Flyers would dare to take a chance on Noel Serron, the young winger is huge and would compliment Patrick nicely if they both grow into what they're hyped up to be.
18Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The Ducks D-core is both lacking and aging, so I think that Addison would make a great place into the Ducks lineup.
19Logo of the Dallas Stars-Spezza and Seguin are both good, but starting to get a little old. Seguins got more than a few years left in him, but Spezza is already getting to that age. McLeod could possibly slot into their lineup at a 2c or 3c.
20Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-The Avalanche need to fill some holes in their D-core, and Jett Woo would be a good pick for them.
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-If he doesn't turn out to be another Grigorenko, Denisenko could possibly slot in as a nice second line winger or 3rd line winger if things are desperate.
22Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsThe Senators are STILL in the same dillema as previously, and so Hayton would be a nice 3c for them.
23Logo of the San Jose Sharks-If the Sharks want defensive prospects, they'll have a nice steal handed to them in Samuelsson. I think he can be a great D-man, and possibly even an Oliver Ekman-Larsson style player if they get lucky.
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Kotkaniemi is definetly a chance, but I feel like he's a chance that the Wild would be willing to take with Parise beginning to fall off of the map, and Koivu old and starting to get washed up.
25Logo of the Washington Capitals-To fill in some empty holes left by soon to be retired D-men on the Capitals, Bode Wilde could be a nice top 4 or top 6 D-man.
26Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-The Maple Leafs have Matthews as their 1c, but once Bozak and them leave, they need a 2c replacement. That's where Groulx comes in.
27Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Winnipeg JetsOlofsson would slot onto the Blues roster nicely, complimenting their D-core greatly.
28Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsThe Red Wings have historically drafted nicely, and i've got a feeling that McBain will be a nice steal in hindsight.
29Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Boston BruinsThe Rangers need defensive prospects with the departure of a lot of their D-core, and the rest of it aging.
30Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningNot to mention the emptiness of the wing without Rick Nash. These two pieces could compliment the rebuild nicely.
31Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Nashville PredatorsA big, tough hitting defenseman. Something the Blackhawks could never pass up.
Mar. 18, 2018 at 1:11 a.m.
I think on the off chance that the Isles draft Dahlin, Tavares would take a second look at staying with the Isles. Adding young Top 4 defenseman at the cost of virtually zero assets and effectively no cap space would give the Isles a lot of room to sign a big name free agent. Imagine if NYI drafts Dahlin and Veleno, then goes on to pick up Carlson in Free Agency? If I were Tavares in the midst of all that happening, I’d stay with NYI.

That said, the Isles will almost certainly not get any of the top 3 picks, so all my previous speculation is moot.
MoreOfAnIslesGuy liked this.
Mar. 18, 2018 at 2:03 a.m.
g-sus
From a Flyer's fan:
If Veleno, Dobson, and Lundestrom were below McIsaac, I'd take any one of those three first. Dobson will probably go higher than we pick; however, he's a RHD which we severely lack and puts up great points. We also could use a legit 3C: 1C and 2C are locked up between Patrick and Couturier, but our prospects are still just prospects; Frost is a stud, but he's undersized, so he could move to the wing, and Rubstov/Laberge are both underperforming. Veleno and Lundestrom seem like smart players suited for 2/3C duties. As for Noel, we already have Isaac Ratcliffe, a hulking power-forward like Noel in our system. I'd rather go for Woo or Denisenko.
Mar. 18, 2018 at 11:07 a.m.
Banned
Yeah don't see the NYI going from #10 to #1 Philly was lucky last year going for #12 to #2 wont happen again this year.
Mar. 18, 2018 at 1:24 p.m.
Isles For Life
Quoting: Larkinisking
Yeah don't see the NYI going from #10 to #1 Philly was lucky last year going for #12 to #2 wont happen again this year.

Just how the system gave it to me.
Mar. 18, 2018 at 1:34 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: StLouisIsTerrible
Just how the system gave it to me.

That's cool. A lot just depends on when you do it i guess.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll