SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

If i were the gm and Melnyk would spend some cash....

Mar. 20, 2018 at 10:28 a.m.
BigBeardBurns
Ottawa sux and is dumb and wont ever do anything smart. They’ll b good as soon as every other team goes bankrupt
DJSums17 liked this.
Mar. 20, 2018 at 10:33 a.m.
Not terrible I guess. But you can only have 3 retained salaries at 1 time.
Mar. 20, 2018 at 10:42 a.m.
Banned
Yeah zero chance of John Carlson signing with Ottawa, He actually wants to win for a change.
Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:44 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
How could I tell you were a Sens fan? Carolina gives up a lot for short term rental. Teams are beating down the door to acquire Gaborik and his contract,
Mar. 20, 2018 at 1:05 p.m.
Connor
I want to say that’s not enough for RNH but I actually wouldn’t be surprised with Chiarelli being Chiarelli
Carolina says no, without a goalie or a 1C next year they wouldn’t be able to win cup with Karlsson anyways so why would they do this?
Huge underpayment for Parayko..
young stud RH defenseman>>>very good winger
Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:25 p.m.
Edited Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:36 p.m.
Very good work here, most of these moves are pretty realistic.

- Carlson won't be signed as a UFA.

- I doubt St-Louis does the Hoffman deal. Hoffman is a very dynamic forward but Parayko is a beast and younger than Hoffman, pretty sure he is a core piece and he wouldn't be moved unless massive overpayment and Hoffman, plus a mid and late pick wouldn't do it.

- The last deal is useless for Ottawa too. Clarke MacArthur is on LTIR (doesn't count against the cap) and his salary is 80% insured so it cost Ottawa under 1 M$ per year (2 years left). Lajoie is a prospect they seem to be high on, they won't sacrifice him on top of a late pick for very little gain like that.

Quoting: palhal
How could I tell you were a Sens fan? Carolina gives up a lot for short term rental. Teams are beating down the door to acquire Gaborik and his contract,

There's definitely something that you are not understanding here... No team is going to acquire Karlsson for a 1 year rental, just like no team acquired Tavares and so many players before him.

Quoting: ConnorMcSchulenberg
I want to say that’s not enough for RNH but I actually wouldn’t be surprised with Chiarelli being Chiarelli
Carolina says no, without a goalie or a 1C next year they wouldn’t be able to win cup with Karlsson anyways so why would they do this?
Huge underpayment for Parayko..
young stud RH defenseman>>>very good winger

- Wait, what do you think RNH at 6 M$ x 3 years is worth? Ceci + 2nd is a pretty good package, maybe even too much for my liking. That being said, RNH is the last need for the Sens with Duchene, Pageau and most importantly Brown, Batherson, Chlapik and White.

- Why would Carolina do it? The OP told you the reasons already. Carolina would do it to have a superstar D-man for the next 8 years (1 + 7). It's not because you are missing pieces that you are not supposed to start acquiring them...

- Huge in "Huge underpayment for Parayko" is hyperbole.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll