SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Biggest off-season impact?

What will have the biggest impact on the off-season?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 12, 2018 at 4:27 p.m.
What will be the biggest x-factor this off-season, and why do you think so? I figure it will be where Tavares lands, just because of the fallout. Will the team need to dump cap, does their previous 2C look better as a 3C or as a trade chip, do other teams in the division overpay other FA's to try and keep up, and so on.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 11:46 p.m.
HawksFan28
I think cap space will have the biggest impact because cap space will play a role in where all those players end up, I mean taking on a Tavares or Karlsson is a big deal... Not only that but cap space will dictate just about every move a team makes, it will also dictate what players get as free agents....I don't see where Tavares or Karlsson ends up affecting the league as a whole but the salary cap will..... Also, 21 out of 31 teams are within 3.5 million of the upper limit right now and I'm sure next season will be similar so if the salary cap goes up to 80 or 82 million that will make a huge difference for most teams...

So yea, absolutely the salary cap will play the biggest role, yea sure to some extent where Karlsson and Tavares lands will play a role in the divisions these guys end up but and teams are going to make moves to keep pace with that but ultimately it will be the salary cap that dictates how these team can respond..

Either way this should be an interesting off season with teams getting a nice chunk of cap space to work with and Tavares and maybe Karlsson on the market..

Funny, Dorion said he wasn't going to move Karlsson at the draft watch him move him a day before the draft, lol..... I don't think Karlsson is getting traded IMO..
J2W liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit