Forums/Armchair-GM

Pacc to Fla

Created by: lavsim96
Team: 2018-19 Florida Panthers
Initial Creation Date: May 2, 2018
Published: May 2, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This my favorite Patches trade scenario with Borgström being the main piece coming back.
Fla also improves on d which has been one of their concerns.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,500,000
2$1,500,000
Trades
FLA
  1. Pacioretty, Max
  2. Petry, Jeff ($1,000,000 retained)
MTL
  1. Borgström, Henrik
Additional Details:
2018 pick #15
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the FLA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$78,000,000$76,437,499$0$342,500$1,562,501

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,900,000$5,900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$5,900,000$5,900,000
C
UFA - 4
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LW
UFA - 1
$2,050,000$2,050,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$3,333,333$3,333,333
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$690,000$690,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$1,375,000$1,375,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$757,500$757,500 (Performance Bonus$142,500$142K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,350,000$6,350,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$7,500,000$7,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
$4,533,333$4,533,333
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
UFA - 8
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$3,400,000$3,400,000
G
UFA - 3
$2,733,333$2,733,333
RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
LD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 2, 2018 at 4:54 p.m.
Subbanator
That’s almost a good trade. Borgstrom looks like he will be good but the typical price for a perennial 30 goal scorer should start with a top prospect and a pick. So getting a top four defenceman thrown in with that mix is an over payment.

Think more Patches + a 2nd for Borgstrom and 15th overall. Condition that if Max resigns with Florida the second becomes a 4th or something.
May 2, 2018 at 5:14 p.m.
HabsFan
did you forgot to add Matheson?
Matheson, Borgstrom, 15 OA (Veleno) for Pacc, Petry and a conditional 1st in 2019, if Pac sign back the 1st become a 2nd.
May 2, 2018 at 5:15 p.m.
HabsFan
Quoting: DomCholette
Matheson, Borgstrom, 15 OA (Veleno) for Pacc, Petry and a conditional 1st in 2019, if Pac sign back the 1st become a 2nd.

and because we really want Veleno... I would add a 2018 2nd No#56
May 2, 2018 at 5:20 p.m.
Lavsim
Quoting: DomCholette

No way florida trades Matheson.
And sure, you can add a condition on wether or not Pacc signs but it wouldn't be on the first round pick in 2019, we need that and it's most likely going to be a very high pick again next year.

But yeah my goal with #15 is getting Veleno and even then he might already be gone so maybe we'll have to give up a second rounder to go a little bit down to like #12 and manage to pick him.
May 2, 2018 at 5:25 p.m.
HabsFan
Quoting: lavsim96
And sure, you can add a condition on wether or not Pacc signs but it wouldn't be on the first round pick in 2019, we need that and it's most likely going to be a very high pick again next year.

But yeah my goal with #15 is getting Veleno and even then he might already be gone so maybe we'll have to give up a second rounder to go a little bit down to like #12 and manage to pick him.

trying to give you a kicker 1st to get Matheson... as we need a LHD :-) Getting Borgstrom, Picking Zadina... with the No#15 we might need to go get a GOOD D like Wilde, Smith, McIsaac instead of Veleno!
May 2, 2018 at 5:29 p.m.

I always love the "no way" comments. Everyone here falls in love with their team's players. Everyone is tradable for the right price. The only question is whether Dale Tallon sees enough value in what is being offered by the Habs to part with Matheson.

As for what's actually being offered here, Borgstrom and a first pick for Pacioretty and a third would probably be about fair. I agree that Petry would take a little more.
May 2, 2018 at 5:33 p.m.
Lavsim
Quoting: Truebeliever
I always love the "no way" comments. Everyone here falls in love with their team's players. Everyone is tradable for the right price. The only question is whether Dale Tallon sees enough value in what is being offered by the Habs to part with Matheson.

As for what's actually being offered here, Borgstrom and a first pick for Pacioretty and a third would probably be about fair. I agree that Petry would take a little more.

Bruh not everyone is tradable. Tallon just signed Matheson to an 8 year dollar deal after a career high season...yea no way.
Just like Gally is not tradable in MTL.
I dont believe in that everybody can get traded mentality, teams have guys they drafted and develeppoed in their cultures and now represents their identity. You can't afford to lose that no matter what you get back.
May 2, 2018 at 5:53 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
One year of Max to a middling team isn't that valuable. And you have just added 10m to Florida cap with the trade l. Looking at Florida's centre depth they really Borgstrom.
May 2, 2018 at 6:01 p.m.
Lavsim
Quoting: palhal
One year of Max to a middling team isn't that valuable. And you have just added 10m to Florida cap with the trade l. Looking at Florida's centre depth they really Borgstrom.

Kind of interesting to see all the previous comment saying i wasnt asking enough.

And i can't help but disagree with you on the Florida centre depth. I had to place Throcheck on the wing to make room for Mccann. Florida centre line is really strong.
May 2, 2018 at 6:08 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Kind of interesting to see all the previous comment saying i wasnt asking enough.

And i can't help but disagree with you on the Florida centre depth. I had to place Throcheck on the wing to make room for Mccann. Florida centre line is really strong.

Well, these Patches to Florida are almost exclusively proposed by Montreal fans. And they really believe they would get such a return for Patches...and now Petry. So the converted and trying to wish a trade on Florida.
Florida isn't that much different than Montreal. If Montreal had the 13th pick and a potential star centre (Borgstrom) would they trade him for one year rental and meh Dman. Of course not, but somehow Florida are suckers for a similar trade. Sorry Habs fan, never going to happen.
daveyyz liked this.
May 2, 2018 at 6:33 p.m.
Lavsim
Well, these Patches to Florida are almost exclusively proposed by Montreal fans. And they really believe they would get such a return for Patches...and now Petry. So the converted and trying to wish a trade on Florida.
Florida isn't that much different than Montreal. If Montreal had the 13th pick and a potential star centre (Borgstrom) would they trade him for one year rental and meh Dman. Of course not, but somehow Florida are suckers for a similar trade. Sorry Habs fan, never going to happen.

Well let me refresh your memory with Stepan and Raanta going for a 7th and a decent young in Deangelo...Lucic going to LA for two first rounders in the first half...look at what DET got for Tatar,i mean yeah he is not a rental but still, i would have honestly taken that offer for Pacc. And then Rick Nash had very good return for NYR.
I'd be interest to know what you expect the habs get for Patches kind sir, for me getting Börgstrom back is not a rip off or anything, let's remember that Börgstrom has not yet proved anything in this league and was a late first rounder who could have been picked the year earlier but that everybody passed on...
Subbanator7667 liked this.
May 2, 2018 at 6:54 p.m.
Subbanator

Well let me refresh your memory with Stepan and Raanta going for a 7th and a decent young in Deangelo...Lucic going to LA for two first rounders in the first half...look at what DET got for Tatar,i mean yeah he is not a rental but still, i would have honestly taken that offer for Pacc. And then Rick Nash had very good return for NYR.
I'd be interest to know what you expect the habs get for Patches kind sir, for me getting Börgstrom back is not a rip off or anything, let's remember that Börgstrom has not yet proved anything in this league and was a late first rounder who could have been picked the year earlier but that everybody passed on...

Been on this site a while and Palhal and me have had this arguement what seems like 500 times lol funny to see other people making the case.

My simple case for this trade is for Florida to make an actual push. Been years and years of losing and this year they came close, so I’m theory it would make sense for them to use non roster assets to add to this team. By trading Borgstrom and a pick for Pacioretty your showing your team and fans that you want to make the playoffs. They are already deep down the middle and won’t use Borgstrom in their top two center roles anytime soon, trading away a prospect that hasn’t played a game for a player that would walk into that team and be their best goal scorer would be a fair deal. Pacioretty puts up 60 points a year, put him with Barkov and he could do better, add him to Florida’s roster right now and you have a playoff team.
lavsim96 liked this.
May 2, 2018 at 8:47 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Been on this site a while and Palhal and me have had this arguement what seems like 500 times lol funny to see other people making the case.

My simple case for this trade is for Florida to make an actual push. Been years and years of losing and this year they came close, so I’m theory it would make sense for them to use non roster assets to add to this team. By trading Borgstrom and a pick for Pacioretty your showing your team and fans that you want to make the playoffs. They are already deep down the middle and won’t use Borgstrom in their top two center roles anytime soon, trading away a prospect that hasn’t played a game for a player that would walk into that team and be their best goal scorer would be a fair deal. Pacioretty puts up 60 points a year, put him with Barkov and he could do better, add him to Florida’s roster right now and you have a playoff team.

Wouldn't the Florida be 100 times better off, spending the difference in cap 9m and an UFA and then they could keep Borgstrom and their first rounder. You did make an good argument about how Patches and Petry would give Florida short term help, but IMO the price is way too high. There are better way to improve your team I really think folks who make such posts aren't being "honest". Try adding all the additional cap onto Florida's roster, instead of how it just benefit's the team that isn't adding all the salary. I did a quick look at the Florida roster, really don't it's not practical cap wise. I just don't any middling team is giving so much future for short term help. We have seen the silly argument with Patches going to Isles and showing Tavares how much the Isles want to win.Confused Now Patches could get good value at TDL if a contender team needs a scoring winger.
May 2, 2018 at 10:20 p.m.
Bruh not everyone is tradable. Tallon just signed Matheson to an 8 year dollar deal after a career high season...yea no way.
Just like Gally is not tradable in MTL.
I dont believe in that everybody can get traded mentality, teams have guys they drafted and develeppoed in their cultures and now represents their identity. You can't afford to lose that no matter what you get back.

You don't think there are 20 players for whom I'd trade Gallagher?!!! Of course there are. McDavid, MacKinnon, Stamkos, Doughty, Laine, Karlsson.... (want me to keep going?)
May 2, 2018 at 10:31 p.m.
Lavsim
You don't think there are 20 players for whom I'd trade Gallagher?!!! Of course there are. McDavid, MacKinnon, Stamkos, Doughty, Laine, Karlsson.... (want me to keep going?)

Okay but lets stay realistic if you will.

Gallagher is the only guy that gives 100% every game and loves this franchise.
Trading him would not be just trading his 30 goals he can score, it's also trading away your heart and soul that nobody can replace. kind of reminds me of a d-man we traded awaysarcasm
Matheson for the Panthers is their future on the back-hand that they locked up for good. They developped him and now placed him into their core. He's not as important as Gally but the Panthers are not going to give up on him, not this summer i am 100% sure.
daveyyz liked this.
May 3, 2018 at 6:46 a.m.
Okay but lets stay realistic if you will.

Gallagher is the only guy that gives 100% every game and loves this franchise.
Trading him would not be just trading his 30 goals he can score, it's also trading away your heart and soul that nobody can replace. kind of reminds me of a d-man we traded awaysarcasm
Matheson for the Panthers is their future on the back-hand that they locked up for good. They developped him and now placed him into their core. He's not as important as Gally but the Panthers are not going to give up on him, not this summer i am 100% sure.

Pretty sure Gallagher would punch you in the face for equating him with that prima donna Subban. One works for the team; the other works for his ego.
May 3, 2018 at 7:53 a.m.

Would be surprised if they traded Borgstom since they are very high on him and the future. Could see Bjugstad going instead with a pick. Especially when they could wait a year and sign him as a UFA.
May 3, 2018 at 8:06 a.m.
Subbanator
Quoting: daveyyz
Would be surprised if they traded Borgstom since they are very high on him and the future. Could see Bjugstad going instead with a pick. Especially when they could wait a year and sign him as a UFA.

I agree, they were apparently talking at the trade deadline but didn’t finish a deal. Could see Bjugstad 15OA and another prospect in the pipeline for Pacioretty. I just think Borgstrom has to be MTLs first request and see what happens.
May 3, 2018 at 8:42 a.m.
I agree, they were apparently talking at the trade deadline but didn’t finish a deal. Could see Bjugstad 15OA and another prospect in the pipeline for Pacioretty. I just think Borgstrom has to be MTLs first request and see what happens.

Also sounds like Pacioretty wants to stay ....says he loves it there and doesn't want to go.
May 3, 2018 at 11:19 a.m.
Lavsim
Pretty sure Gallagher would punch you in the face for equating him with that prima donna Subban. One works for the team; the other works for his ego.

Bruh are you referring to the beef they had last game the preds came in mtl? Both guys are competitors that gives their 100% so it's normal that when they play versus one another it creates sparks...
All the Subban bad attitude stuff has never been proved by anybody and MB always declined it was an issue so im not believing it.
May 3, 2018 at 11:22 a.m.
Bruh are you referring to the beef they had last game the preds came in mtl? Both guys are competitors that gives their 100% so it's normal that when they play versus one another it creates sparks...
All the Subban bad attitude stuff has never been proved by anybody and MB always declined it was an issue so im not believing it.

It's real, and it's wearing thin in Music City now, too. Watch what happens if they lose to the Jets.
lavsim96 liked this.
May 3, 2018 at 12:55 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

You're making the same comparison with Stepan, who had four years left his contract.? Yea, Vegas and Bruins overpaid at TDL, but they expected those picks to be in the high 20s or even in the 30, not I believe 13 for Florida. Glad you brought the Lucic deal, yep it shows how stupid it is giving up two picks for a one year rental. It's the type of deal that got Lombardi fired The Kings for whatever reason thought they would be picking the late 20s.
You ask me what Patches would receive in a trade. Not mid round first picks and prospects seem to cherish from Florida or the Isles. Now Habs might get that from a contender who needs a LWer

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll