SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Igor Ozhiganov

May 27, 2018 at 11:53 a.m.
tmljk22
Just wondering if anyone thinks he has a chance at playing a considerable amount of time on the Leafs roster this year... similar to what Zaitzev did
May 27, 2018 at 3:24 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Ozhiganov is your classic defensive defenceman. Don't expect much offense from him nor any flashy plays or highlight moves. In a perfect world he'd be the kind of guy who could play with Rielly who is more offensively minded as Ozhiganov could act as the stay back guy while Rielly gets involved. Honestly I'd like to see him play with Rielly or Gardiner as both those guys like to join the rush, meaning Ozhiganov would be a nice piece to stay back and defend. He's got good size but may need some time to adjust to the North American rinks, I definitely think he's an upgrade over some of our other RHD options but I wouldn't expect him opening night, maybe a mid season call up kind of like Dermott this year.
tmljk22 liked this.
May 29, 2018 at 2:59 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Daryl
Ozhiganov is your classic defensive defenceman. Don't expect much offense from him nor any flashy plays or highlight moves. In a perfect world he'd be the kind of guy who could play with Rielly who is more offensively minded as Ozhiganov could act as the stay back guy while Rielly gets involved. Honestly I'd like to see him play with Rielly or Gardiner as both those guys like to join the rush, meaning Ozhiganov would be a nice piece to stay back and defend. He's got good size but may need some time to adjust to the North American rinks, I definitely think he's an upgrade over some of our other RHD options but I wouldn't expect him opening night, maybe a mid season call up kind of like Dermott this year.

The Leafs with all money have developed a machine where players can be melted down and the best characteristics isolated and collected and merged to create one better player.

So the small but speedy and offensive minded Carrick is merged with the smarts and tough Polak and also merged with the stay and at home Dman Ozhiganov. And folks says the Leafs have quantity at RHD not quality. With the melt and merge machine, improvement at RHD is here.
Daryl and tmljk22 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll