3$925,000
Trades
MTL
  1. 2018 1st round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
Rights to Ryan strome
EDM
  1. Juulsen, Noah
  2. Pacioretty, Max ($2,250,000 retained)
  3. 2018 2nd round pick (TOR)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$75,000,000$70,344,642$0$357,500$4,655,358
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$2,895,000$2,895,000
C
UFA - 3
Zadina, Filip
$925,000$925,000
$650,000$650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$175,000$175K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$839,166$839,166
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$1,166,667$1,166,667
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,450,000$3,450,000
LD
UFA - 4
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 8
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 8
$748,333$748,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 3, 2018 at 2:36 p.m.
Club Hockey
- I don't think Kotkaniemi will be there at 10, some team will take him before then because he's one of the only true centers in the draft with top 6 upside.
- I think Pacioretty has a middle first value and him being retained doesn't really do a whole lot for Edmonton. They're looking to contend for a long time so they'd probably look to resign him whereas a team that's looking to contend and their window is closing will probably be willing to pay more to get him with retention.
That being said...
Pacioretty + 2nd = 10OA (roughly)
Juulsen >= Strome
Might be able to change that Toronto 2nd to Washington's and get away with it.
Jun. 3, 2018 at 3:37 p.m.
Quoting: HHockey20
- I don't think Kotkaniemi will be there at 10, some team will take him before then because he's one of the only true centers in the draft with top 6 upside.
- I think Pacioretty has a middle first value and him being retained doesn't really do a whole lot for Edmonton. They're looking to contend for a long time so they'd probably look to resign him whereas a team that's looking to contend and their window is closing will probably be willing to pay more to get him with retention.
That being said...
Juulsen >= Strome

Which team in the top 9 needs a center more than winger or defenseman that would pass the top 9 on the board?
Jun. 3, 2018 at 3:42 p.m.
habs_fan
That being said...
Juulsen >= Strome

Patch + 2nd >>>>> 10OA

Pick Veleno!!! GOD
Jun. 3, 2018 at 4:39 p.m.
Club Hockey
Quoting: rja
Which team in the top 9 needs a center more than winger or defenseman that would pass the top 9 on the board?

I didn't necessarily say that a team in the top 9 will pick him, however, there could be a team on the outside looking in trying to get a top 6 center for the future that would be willing to give up pieces to move into the top couple to get him.
Teams are clamoring for top 6 centers (and very good center prospects) and with how fast Kotkaniemi's stock has been rising as of late, there's a good chance someone takes him before he's projected to be picked.

1) Buffalo will take Dahlin unless they're idiots
2) Carolina, baring some unforeseen trade or love affair with another prospect, will take Svechnikov.
3) This is where things get interesting. If some team loves Zadina/Tkachuk enough, they could make a move and drop Montreal down. Not sure if they'd accept a trade out of the top 9/10 but if the Islanders come calling with picks 11 and 12 plus other pieces on the board (Lee + possible contract dumps?), I wouldn't be shocked to see them accept it. If they know that Tavares won't resign, they'll definitely be looking for a top 6 center and their Center pool isn't all that great.
4) Ottawa, unless they are in love with either Tkachuk/Zadina (whichever one falls to them) will more then likely take a D man (Hughes).
5) Arizona can take pretty much anyone they feel like. Wahlstrom helps their need for RHS forwards that can put the puck in the back of the net. Bouchard helps their RHD prospect pool. Kotkaniemi would help their center pool. They're one of the more likely teams to trade down to pick up another asset, IMO, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do so. If they don't, they'll probably take BPA. (Islanders could come into play here).
6) Detroit has been rumored to be willing to trade out of their spot (Islanders say hello again) but their biggest need would be a Dman. I'm predicting they take Boqvist because of the Swedish connection but again, Islanders, or another team, could be in play here.
7) Vancouver needs defense and they have no real reason to trade down. They take the best defenseman available, whether that be Dobson, Hughes, Bouchard, Boqvist - all depending on who's still available at that point.
8) Chicago will more then likely just take BPA and I wouldn't be surprised to see them take Wahlstrom if he's still available at this point.
9) New York can take BPA as well but will probably lean towards taking a defenseman.

That's my prediction to how it will go down. I'm not saying that the Islanders will trade into the top 10 but they are one of the teams that could do so simply because they have the ammunition to do so. I'm not hating on your comment, simply stating my feelings about the draft possibilities.
Picks 3-10 are wide open and any team desperate enough to acquire a future top 6 center may take Kotkaniemi above his projected draft slot.
Also, center's can make the transition over to the wing a heck of a lot easier then it is for a winger to make the transition to center (unless the extensively played it in juniors/college).
Jun. 3, 2018 at 4:54 p.m.
Chicago
I didn't necessarily say that a team in the top 9 will pick him, however, there could be a team on the outside looking in trying to get a top 6 center for the future that would be willing to give up pieces to move into the top couple to get him.
Teams are clamoring for top 6 centers (and very good center prospects) and with how fast Kotkaniemi's stock has been rising as of late, there's a good chance someone takes him before he's projected to be picked.

2) Carolina, baring some unforeseen trade or love affair with another prospect, will take Svechnikov.
3) This is where things get interesting. If some team loves Zadina/Tkachuk enough, they could make a move and drop Montreal down. Not sure if they'd accept a trade out of the top 9/10 but if the Islanders come calling with picks 11 and 12 plus other pieces on the board (Lee + possible contract dumps?), I wouldn't be shocked to see them accept it. If they know that Tavares won't resign, they'll definitely be looking for a top 6 center and their Center pool isn't all that great.
4) Ottawa, unless they are in love with either Tkachuk/Zadina (whichever one falls to them) will more then likely take a D man (Hughes).
5) Arizona can take pretty much anyone they feel like. Wahlstrom helps their need for RHS forwards that can put the puck in the back of the net. Bouchard helps their RHD prospect pool. Kotkaniemi would help their center pool. They're one of the more likely teams to trade down to pick up another asset, IMO, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do so. If they don't, they'll probably take BPA. (Islanders could come into play here).
6) Detroit has been rumored to be willing to trade out of their spot (Islanders say hello again) but their biggest need would be a Dman. I'm predicting they take Boqvist because of the Swedish connection but again, Islanders, or another team, could be in play here.
7) Vancouver needs defense and they have no real reason to trade down. They take the best defenseman available, whether that be Dobson, Hughes, Bouchard, Boqvist - all depending on who's still available at that point.
8) Chicago will more then likely just take BPA and I wouldn't be surprised to see them take Wahlstrom if he's still available at this point.
9) New York can take BPA as well but will probably lean towards taking a defenseman.

That's my prediction to how it will go down. I'm not saying that the Islanders will trade into the top 10 but they are one of the teams that could do so simply because they have the ammunition to do so. I'm not hating on your comment, simply stating my feelings about the draft possibilities.
Picks 3-10 are wide open and any team desperate enough to acquire a future top 6 center may take Kotkaniemi above his projected draft slot.
Also, center's can make the transition over to the wing a heck of a lot easier then it is for a winger to make the transition to center (unless the extensively played it in juniors/college).

From a Chicago standpoint, I want the hawks taking Wahlstrom at 8, if he's not available, Kotkaniemi. Wahlstrom is so so good offensively putting up ridiculous numbers on the US development team. If he's not available, Kotkaniemi has been drawing comparisons to Toews, and he'd be a great 3C next season. Both are probably NHL ready. I believe the top 10 players in this draft are NHL ready and it's crazy to think about.
Jun. 3, 2018 at 6:53 p.m.

It makes sense in theory, but I do not think anybody in the top 9 are trading out of their spots. There is a drop off after the top 9 and I think these team will want to pick the best available. There are also tons of centers that are projected to be very good in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I just think everyone stays put.
1- Dahlin
2- Svech
3- Zadina
4- Tkachuk
5- Boqvist (I think they need to replace OEL who will be on his way out)
6- Hughes
7- Wahlstrom
8- Bouchard
9- Dobson
Jun. 3, 2018 at 6:54 p.m.
Quoting: NickC1988
From a Chicago standpoint, I want the hawks taking Wahlstrom at 8, if he's not available, Kotkaniemi. Wahlstrom is so so good offensively putting up ridiculous numbers on the US development team. If he's not available, Kotkaniemi has been drawing comparisons to Toews, and he'd be a great 3C next season. Both are probably NHL ready. I believe the top 10 players in this draft are NHL ready and it's crazy to think about.

Not sure why you would not want Bouchard on the right side. Your blueline is a little shaky and Seabrook and Keith are only getting older. Bouchard would be a great to plug in with Keith. I am surprised Hawks fans do not want to address their blueline.
Jun. 3, 2018 at 6:59 p.m.
Chicago
Not sure why you would not want Bouchard on the right side. Your blueline is a little shaky and Seabrook and Keith are only getting older. Bouchard would be a great to plug in with Keith. I am surprised Hawks fans do not want to address their blueline.

Hawks have Jokiharju, Krys, Forsling, Mitchell, Dahlstrom, Hillman and Raddysh in the system. There's a few more less prominent names too. But last draft, with the 29th pick, the hawks took Henri Jokiharju, an excellent two way D man out of Finland. He's projected to be a top 4 D man. In this draft, the hawks have two 1sts. 8 and 27. Wahlstrom and Kotkaniemi are ridiculously talented forwards that are going to be hard to pass on at #8. I rather draft a D man at 27 than 8.
Jun. 3, 2018 at 7:45 p.m.
Club Hockey
Edited Jun. 3, 2018 at 7:57 p.m.
It makes sense in theory, but I do not think anybody in the top 9 are trading out of their spots. There is a drop off after the top 9 and I think these team will want to pick the best available. There are also tons of centers that are projected to be very good in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I just think everyone stays put.
1- Dahlin
2- Svech
3- Zadina
4- Tkachuk
5- Boqvist (I think they need to replace OEL who will be on his way out)
6- Hughes
7- Wahlstrom
8- Bouchard
9- Dobson

- Boqvist's concussion history should scare anyone with a brain away from him. I think it's hard to believe that he could end up being the last defenseman selected (last of the big 4).
- Ottawa already knows at this point if Karlsson will or will not resign with them. Without any significant D prospects besides Chabot, they're probably going to want to beef up their D pool.
- Centers in the 2nd and 3rd round will be good depth adds for teams prospect pools but it's very rare that they develop into the top 6 centers. Very few prospects drafted in those two rounds will end up being as good as Kotkaniemi is projected as. If a team doesn't like any of the d prospects available, it's not unthinkable for that that to pick Kotkaniemi. There's just too many possibilities for a team to take him if they trade down to 10.
As is, I think the draft order will go (assuming no trades)...
1) Dahlin
2) Svechnikov
3) Zadina
4) Hughes
5) Bouchard
6) Tkachuk
7) Dobson
8) Kotkaniemi
9) Wahlstrom
10) Boqvist

If Montreal thinks Kotkaniemi is going to be that good, then there's no reason to not draft him 3rd if no one is willing to trade back.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll