Forums/Armchair-GM

God's work

Created by: Hockeyplayer1
Team: 2018-19 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 8, 2018
Published: Jun. 8, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
So obviously this is a stretch, but possible.
I'm sure the first thing commented is CAR doesn't want a "cap dump". But I can assure you league GMs and managements do not think Anisimov is a cap dump or on a bad contract. Same with Murphy.

Hawks are not going to be able to resign Schmaltz following this season or DeBrincat the following but thinking of the future is not the point of this.

This team would be top contender for this year though.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$1,750,000
2$975,000
1$750,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$6,000,000
Jokiharju, Henri
3$925,000
7$10,250,000
Trades
CHI
  1. 2018 6th round pick (ARI)
CHI
  1. 2018 2nd round pick (SJS)
CAR
  1. Anisimov, Artem
  2. Murphy, Connor
Additional Details:
Rights to Anthony Duclair
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$80,000,000$70,430,545$1,232,500$1,907,500$9,569,455
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$10,250,000$10,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 7
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$975,000$975,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$833,750$833,750
C, LW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$872,500$872,500
LD
UFA - 1
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 2
Jokiharju, Henri
$925,000$925,000

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 8, 2018 at 4:02 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
I am doing God’s Work.

I am Stan Bowman
Jun. 8, 2018 at 4:03 p.m.
This is laughable ? 30 million in 3 players? Lol. Hossa has a cap that’s not going to impact the team. That’s what LTIR is. Hawks fans need to stop wanting to trade Murphy. That’s almost as bad as leafs fans wanting to trade Gardiner. Based on Bowman logic, you aren’t going to trade for Duclair and then trade him away right away. He’s not under performing. Knowing Toronto, you’d get a 4th out of Rutta
Jun. 8, 2018 at 4:32 p.m.
Quoting: WingNut
This is laughable ? 30 million in 3 players? Lol. Hossa has a cap that’s not going to impact the team. That’s what LTIR is. Hawks fans need to stop wanting to trade Murphy. That’s almost as bad as leafs fans wanting to trade Gardiner. Based on Bowman logic, you aren’t going to trade for Duclair and then trade him away right away. He’s not under performing. Knowing Toronto, you’d get a 4th out of Rutta

Yes obviously Hossa can be put on LTIR. But its much easier to manage the cap and recalls when he's not even on the books.
The Hawks have no use for him in this situation. And they have Jokiharju and Mitchell a year away from breaking into the league. So trading Murphy is a very reasonable move. And there is very little similarity between him and Gardiner. Murphy played 16:22 a game and was scratched 6 times, Gardiner played 22:32 a night and played every game. Murphy had 14 points to Gardiner's 52. Very different situations.
Hawks could trade Rutta to anyone else that needs RHD help and get a return.
GuentzelvaniaUSA liked this.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 4:33 p.m.

Obviously you haven't seen the news about the Blackhawks being players for Tavares. Not saying they're the favorites, but they will be in the sweepstakes. The problem with LTIR is you can't use the cap space until the beginning of the regular season, so if the Hawks wanted to make a big free agency signing, then they would be handcuffed with Hossa's cap hit. If the Hawks bring in Faulk, they will have too many RHD and Murphy is the obvious choice to go, since they cannot move Seabrook, and Rutta is cheaper on a one year deal, plus we have a stud in Jokiharju coming up. Finally, Bowman has been known to acquire players then trade them away, take a look at your boy Trevor Daley. Do some research before you start spilling nonsense please.
Hockeyplayer1 liked this.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 4:34 p.m.
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
I am doing God’s Work.

I am Stan Bowman

I wish this were true.....
Jun. 8, 2018 at 4:42 p.m.
Quoting: bluedemon5
Obviously you haven't seen the news about the Blackhawks being players for Tavares. Not saying they're the favorites, but they will be in the sweepstakes. The problem with LTIR is you can't use the cap space until the beginning of the regular season, so if the Hawks wanted to make a big free agency signing, then they would be handcuffed with Hossa's cap hit. If the Hawks bring in Faulk, they will have too many RHD and Murphy is the obvious choice to go, since they cannot move Seabrook, and Rutta is cheaper on a one year deal, plus we have a stud in Jokiharju coming up. Finally, Bowman has been known to acquire players then trade them away, take a look at your boy Trevor Daley. Do some research before you start spilling nonsense please.

Note to the Trevor Daley trade. I said he doesn’t trade people who “UNDERPERFORM”. Read that. Nonsense? Tavares already came out and said the teams he’s interested in playing for multiple times and the Blackhawks weren’t ever in the conversation. If you trade Hossa, you’re going to have to give up another player if you want to acquire anything back. I know all about Henry. He’s fantastic. He’s D partners with Cholowski. So I know about him. You guys need to rebuild, believe it or not. Learn from the Wings mistakes and don’t try and push out Stanley cups when you should rebuild. Keith sucks. Seabrook sucks. Toews is okay (not 10m worth) and obviously Kane is still a stud, but you aren’t going to win on that core. You’re not getting Tavares, and Faulk will not change the fact that you guys aren’t as good as you once were.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 4:48 p.m.
Note to the Trevor Daley trade. I said he doesn’t trade people who “UNDERPERFORM”. Read that. Nonsense? Tavares already came out and said the teams he’s interested in playing for multiple times and the Blackhawks weren’t ever in the conversation. If you trade Hossa, you’re going to have to give up another player if you want to acquire anything back. I know all about Henry. He’s fantastic. He’s D partners with Cholowski. So I know about him. You guys need to rebuild, believe it or not. Learn from the Wings mistakes and don’t try and push out Stanley cups when you should rebuild. Keith sucks. Seabrook sucks. Toews is okay (not 10m worth) and obviously Kane is still a stud, but you aren’t going to win on that core. You’re not getting Tavares, and Faulk will not change the fact that you guys aren’t as good as you once were.

Bowman trades away salary when he needs to. If they're signing UFA's for a high price and long term, then Anisimov and Murphy need to go in order to resign Schmaltz and DeBrincat after their ELC's expire. The Hawks would be much better off trading away his salary than keeping it, that's just a fact. It just depends on the cost of doing so. I guarantee you Tavares would be interested in playing for the Blackhawks. If the Hawks are going to rebuild it would include trading everybody in the core. With the emergence of Schmaltz and DeBrincat I don't see them closing the window now, especially with Crawford back. Bowman has already said that they're trying to win next year. Of course we aren't as good as before, but people were saying the same thing about Washington this year and they just won the cup.
GuentzelvaniaUSA liked this.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 4:56 p.m.
Quoting: bluedemon5
Bowman trades away salary when he needs to. If they're signing UFA's for a high price and long term, then Anisimov and Murphy need to go in order to resign Schmaltz and DeBrincat after their ELC's expire. The Hawks would be much better off trading away his salary than keeping it, that's just a fact. It just depends on the cost of doing so. I guarantee you Tavares would be interested in playing for the Blackhawks. If the Hawks are going to rebuild it would include trading everybody in the core. With the emergence of Schmaltz and DeBrincat I don't see them closing the window now, especially with Crawford back. Bowman has already said that they're trying to win next year.

I don’t think he is. He’s stated multiple times who he would play for and the Hawks are not in the conversation. Yes, you can trade Hossas contract but you’re going to have to give up more to even get a 6th round. No ones going to take that on just for the heck of it. You guys have good young players. Not many, but the few young players you have are good enough I’d say. You guys might be trading Crawford. Not for sure but he’s in a few trade scenario conversations to Carolina.
Jun. 8, 2018 at 5:03 p.m.
Pengweenies
only way id pay 3 players that much money is if they were like, Kane Tavares and Toews

hey wait
Jun. 8, 2018 at 5:07 p.m.
Pengweenies
I don’t think he is. He’s stated multiple times who he would play for and the Hawks are not in the conversation. Yes, you can trade Hossas contract but you’re going to have to give up more to even get a 6th round. No ones going to take that on just for the heck of it. You guys have good young players. Not many, but the few young players you have are good enough I’d say. You guys might be trading Crawford. Not for sure but he’s in a few trade scenario conversations to Carolina.

hawks have absolutely been in the convo, why WOULDNT he play with Kane and Toews and Crow and Kieth? lots of teams take big contracts so they can hit the cap floor, are you unfamiliar with the Datsyuk trade??? like damn dude, you just blocking that from memory? How about pronger too? Didnt both get traded to ARI so they could do exactly this? Keeping him means the hawks cant use that money in free agency which would be hella dumb for them
Jun. 9, 2018 at 3:39 a.m.
Quoting: MTF
hawks have absolutely been in the convo, why WOULDNT he play with Kane and Toews and Crow and Kieth? lots of teams take big contracts so they can hit the cap floor, are you unfamiliar with the Datsyuk trade??? like damn dude, you just blocking that from memory? How about pronger too? Didnt both get traded to ARI so they could do exactly this? Keeping him means the hawks cant use that money in free agency which would be hella dumb for them

Lmao no they haven’t. Why the hell would anyone want to play on a team that’s glory run is over? His team did better than the Hawks ?. The coyotes moved up in the draft for the Datsyuk contract and they picked a solid player. I literally said they wouldn’t accept the Hossa deal because THEY GET NOTHING OTHER THAN HOSSA IN THIS ARMCHAIR. You you’d have to give up Hossa and a pick to get anything. Lmao y’all are delusional

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll