Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$79,500,000$60,283,333$2,550,000$3,700,000$19,216,667

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW
UFA - 6
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$1,875,000$1,875,000
C
UFA - 5
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333
RW
UFA - 1
$1,475,000$1,475,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,187,500$5,187,500
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:24 p.m.
So Botterill is giving up ROR, taking on Matt Martin and not getting a blue chip prospect or a solid roster player or a lottery pick ? Sheesh. Duchene got Sam Girard, 1st + 2nd + 3rd, Bowers who was a 1st round pick in 17 and a decent prospect in Kamenev. Duchene has 2 years left in his deal, ROR has 5. AND the Avs didn't take a shitty contract like Martin back.

Sabres hang up the phone all day.

Minny have no reason to trade Spurgeon for Gardiner.

At least the Leivo deal is realistic, and if the Jets like Zaitsev they might do that.
wojme liked this.
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:28 p.m.
Analytics are good
Quoting: Blunder
So Botterill is giving up ROR, taking on Matt Martin and not getting a blue chip prospect or a solid roster player or a lottery pick ? Sheesh. Duchene got Sam Girard, 1st + 2nd + 3rd, Bowers who was a 1st round pick in 17 and a decent prospect in Kamenev. Duchene has 2 years left in his deal, ROR has 5. AND the Avs didn't take a shitty contract like Martin back.

At least the Leivo deal is realistic, and if the Jets like Zaitsev they might do that.

That's the rumor for ROR. Brooks and Bracco are great prospects and they project to be future NHL'ers. The Leafs aren't giving up Liljegren, Borgman isn't really a prospect anymore, Sandin hasn't signed his ELC yet. Not to mention Botterill has little leverage since ROR doesn't want like playing for a losing team anymore
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:33 p.m.
Banned

Its not wise to use any move that Ottawa has pulled off over the last year as an example of what a smart GM will do. Ottawa was wrecked in the Duchene deal, also Duchene is definitely rated higher than ROR, whether he deserves to be or not is a different story.

With that being said, TO going after ROR is a silly idea, he's overpriced, on the tail end of his prime and would cost resources that can be better spent elsewhere.

Winnipeg wants to cut salary not take on a long term contract so the Myers trade is out the window.

Minnesota is either getting the extra asset in a Spurgeon Gardiner trade or it will be even. So that one is pretty close actually. Same with the Leivo trade, give the kid a chance to play!
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:39 p.m.
Go Bruins Go
why the hell does everyone think Buffalo would send him to Toronto. Their is already a verbal agreement to send him to St. Louis
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:40 p.m.
Analytics are good
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Its not wise to use any move that Ottawa has pulled off over the last year as an example of what a smart GM will do. Ottawa was wrecked in the Duchene deal, also Duchene is definitely rated higher than ROR, whether he deserves to be or not is a different story.

With that being said, TO going after ROR is a silly idea, he's overpriced, on the tail end of his prime and would cost resources that can be better spent elsewhere.

Winnipeg wants to cut salary not take on a long term contract so the Myers trade is out the window.

Minnesota is either getting the extra asset in a Spurgeon Gardiner trade or it will be even. So that one is pretty close actually. Same with the Leivo trade, give the kid a chance to play!

Going after ROR makes some sense actually. It's 7.5 over 5 years is not overpriced at all, and he's great defensively and he can score too, it's just that his numbers are low because he plays on a garbage team. I'd rather the Leafs make that trade than sign JT for more than 10mil over 7 years, they save 2.5 mil which they can allocate to signing Matthews or Marner.

As for Winnipeg, they probably won't get Myers back so they get a relatively young top 4 RHD with term so they don't worry about losing another player and they get a good prospect as well to go along with Stanley, Niku.
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:40 p.m.
Analytics are good
Quoting: The_Real_FBGM_37
why the hell does everyone think Buffalo would send him to Toronto. Their is already a verbal agreement to send him to St. Louis

What's your source?
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:41 p.m.
Go Bruins Go
Quoting: PenGoater99
What's your source?

someone told me without saying their source, but this guy is close to me and doesn't read into fake stuff
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:42 p.m.
Analytics are good
someone told me without saying their source, but this guy is close to me and doesn't read into fake stuff

What reason do I have to believe you? tears of joy tears of joy
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:43 p.m.
That's the rumor for ROR. Brooks and Bracco are great prospects and they project to be future NHL'ers. The Leafs aren't giving up Liljegren, Borgman isn't really a prospect anymore, Sandin hasn't signed his ELC yet. Not to mention Botterill has little leverage since ROR doesn't want like playing for a losing team anymore

Even if the rumor is true, it's a "great prospect" = translates into a can't-miss guy who is at least close to being NHL ready.

Even the most delusional Leafs fans wouldn't think Bracco or Brooks are classified as great prospects. They're over 20 yrs old forwards and not killing it in the AHL. They're pretty much in the same tier as Kamenev was in the Duchene deal and he wasn't a major piece.

Also what do you mean Botterill has no leverage. He literally doesn't have to trade ROR for the next 2-3 years if he so chooses, and still end up being in a position where there is going to be a ton of interest. I certainly have not heard that ROR refuses to come to camp because Buffalo sucks.

If the Leafs want ROR they're going to have to pay up, you're not getting him without feeling the sting of losing someone good.
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:46 p.m.
Go Bruins Go
What reason do I have to believe you? tears of joy tears of joy

because my coaches all think I will have a front office job. Because I live and breathe hockey. Because I look at every stat and memorize individual players stats. I have great hockey IQ
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:46 p.m.
Analytics are good
Even if the rumor is true, it's a "great prospect" = translates into a can't-miss guy who is at least close to being NHL ready.

Even the most delusional Leafs fans wouldn't think Bracco or Brooks are classified as great prospects. They're over 20 yrs old forwards and not killing it in the AHL. They're pretty much in the same tier as Kamenev was in the Duchene deal and he wasn't a major piece.

Also what do you mean Botterill has no leverage. He literally doesn't have to trade ROR for the next 2-3 years if he so chooses, and still end up being in a position where there is going to be a ton of interest. I certainly have not heard that ROR refuses to come to camp because Buffalo sucks.

If the Leafs want ROR they're going to have to pay up, you're not getting him without feeling the sting of losing someone good.

Botterill should make a trade similar to this because if he keeps him for 2-3 years, he will be disgruntled as he's playing for a losing team again. Trade him now when his value is at the highest point rather than wait until you have to trade him for half of what he's worth, similar to the Evander Kane deal
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:47 p.m.
Analytics are good
because my coaches all think I will have a front office job. Because I live and breathe hockey. Because I look at every stat and memorize individual players stats. I have great hockey IQ

Again, what reason do I have to believe that? tears of joy tears of joy
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:48 p.m.
Go Bruins Go
Again, what reason do I have to believe that? tears of joy tears of joy

None. Its every persons opinion to believe something one way or another. I actually take pride and joy in proving people wrong who have different beliefs than me. Thank you for this opportunity
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:50 p.m.
Analytics are good
None. Its every persons opinion to believe something one way or another. I actually take pride and joy in proving people wrong who have different beliefs than me. Thank you for this opportunity

But you didn't prove me wrong about anything
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:50 p.m.
Banned
Going after ROR makes some sense actually. It's 7.5 over 5 years is not overpriced at all, and he's great defensively and he can score too, it's just that his numbers are low because he plays on a garbage team. I'd rather the Leafs make that trade than sign JT for more than 10mil over 7 years, they save 2.5 mil which they can allocate to signing Matthews or Marner.

As for Winnipeg, they probably won't get Myers back so they get a relatively young top 4 RHD with term so they don't worry about losing another player and they get a good prospect as well to go along with Stanley, Niku.

Please see my notes on ROR.

In addition to that, I will add the following, yes JT is far more expensive than ROR, but he's just way better and costs only cap space. Its all about what has the most value for the Leafs. ROR is too expensive and the cost to obtain him is too much. Better moves that move the needle further for the Leafs are availble. This is a Brian Burke move, make a splash just to excite fans but it doesn't actually really make sense long term or in the short term.

As for Winnipeg, again, they want to shed cap space not add a 4.5 million dollar contract. They have 3 top 4 RHD, one of them is moving and it'll be for future assets. If these teams make something happen, it could be something like Mason and Myers for a 2nd and Rosen. The Leafs get their RHD and Winnipeg cuts 8+ million off their payroll they can use to pay for Trouba, Morrisey Etc.
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:52 p.m.
Banned

You are right Bracco, Grundstrom etc aren't great prospects. The guys the Leafs have who meet that bill are Liljegren and Kapanen currently. However the Leafs are not moving Liljegren cause RHD elite skating defencemen who can score points are basically gold bars.
Jun. 29, 2018 at 1:52 p.m.
Go Bruins Go
But you didn't prove me wrong about anything

not yet no.
Jun. 29, 2018 at 4:42 p.m.
Botterill should make a trade similar to this because if he keeps him for 2-3 years, he will be disgruntled as he's playing for a losing team again. Trade him now when his value is at the highest point rather than wait until you have to trade him for half of what he's worth, similar to the Evander Kane deal

I see what you mean but i also disagree. We've seen before how winning can change everything. It's not set in stone that Buffalo sucks for the next 2-3 years. The FA hasn't even begun and they've added Dahlin and Sheary who could be a surprisingly good fit with Eichel (Sheary was one of the better EV producers in 16-17 before he got hurt playing with Crosby). Mittelstadt is going to be a regular too and he'll only get better in the future.

Goal for the Sabres is to start winning more games. If they trade ROR now for mostly futures, they lose a lot of things in ROR that they can't replace which increases chances they'll suck again. When the alternative is to wait and see how the new look Sabres do next season, and ROR's value isn't going down anytime soon, if i was Botterill i'd just hold on to him unless someone knocks my socks off.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll