Forums/Armchair-GM

Keeping Panarin Moving Bob Florida Trade

Created by: Bklentz21
Team: 2018-19 Columbus Blue Jackets
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 12, 2018
Published: Oct. 12, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
So Panarin doesn’t want long term but is open too a short term deal. Maybe we can ink him to a 2-3 year deal at a large dollar amount by using some of the money from losing Bobrovsky

I feel like with the Florida deal, Luongo is working his way to LTIR if he can’t stay healthy to finish out his contract. Bob would give them a very very suitable replacement. And with pulling away dadnov maybe it could help lighten Panarin into staying after his contract is up and keeping Dadnov with him. (Let me know if you think more should go Florida’s way)

Next season Merzlikins can share time pretty much 50/50 with Korpisalo until someone wins the race. Then whoever wins can stay unless Veini Vehviläinen looks ready then maybe move on from Korpisalo and let those two run the crease for years to come.

Forbort helps solidify our defense while giving LA someone younger that they can use better than we can. I think Milano just needs a fresh start.

Similarly if Bjorkstrand struggles this year and Abramov or Foudy looks ready next year i think we shop him out so we can have a spot open for them on that fourth line.
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,000,000
Trades
LAK
  1. Milano, Sonny
  2. 2021 3rd round pick (CBJ)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$63,758,749$0$3,350,000$15,741,251
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 7
$650,000$650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
C
UFA - 5
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$1,375,000$1,375,000
LW, C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,850,000$5,850,000
C, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 4
$2,750,000$2,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 4
$2,825,000$2,825,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,700,000$2,700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,062,500$1,062,500
RD
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA
$675,000$675,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$1,893,750$1,893,750
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 13, 2018 at 12:16 a.m.
Chicago
I doubt Florida trades Dadonov. Doesn't it make more sense to trade both of them for max return? This team isn't close to competing with the Washingtons, Pittsburghs, Nashvilles, Winnipegs of the NHL. Why not just realize your potential and gain assets? The prospect pool is pretty crappy after Abramov.
Oct. 13, 2018 at 3:47 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: NickC1988
I doubt Florida trades Dadonov. Doesn't it make more sense to trade both of them for max return? This team isn't close to competing with the Washingtons, Pittsburghs, Nashvilles, Winnipegs of the NHL. Why not just realize your potential and gain assets? The prospect pool is pretty crappy after Abramov.

They have decent prospects. The problem is this organization doesn't know how to bring them up.

They are in the mists of ruining Milano right now. They had Karlsson and totally wasted him.
This team needs a better staff starting with the coach.
Oct. 13, 2018 at 7:25 a.m.
JarmoK
Quoting: pharrow
They have decent prospects. The problem is this organization doesn't know how to bring them up.

They are in the mists of ruining Milano right now. They had Karlsson and totally wasted him.
This team needs a better staff starting with the coach.

I agree that they don't really know what to do with Milano, but he doesn't help himself very much. NOBODY in the world could have known that Karlsson would have shot 23% last year. The development staff is actually pretty good though, sometimes, prospects just don't seize the opportunity
Oct. 13, 2018 at 2:53 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: JarmoK
I agree that they don't really know what to do with Milano, but he doesn't help himself very much. NOBODY in the world could have known that Karlsson would have shot 23% last year. The development staff is actually pretty good though, sometimes, prospects just don't seize the opportunity

In torts world if you don't hit someone you aren't a hockey player. He's the type of idiot that wouldn't put Kessel on an Olympic team when all he does is score goals. He's an idiot. He has no idea what to do with talent. No one could have known what karlsson could have done because Torts had know idea how to use him. If he would have been on a dozen other teams the whole league would have known what he could do.
Oct. 13, 2018 at 4:36 p.m.
Bklentz21
In torts world if you don't hit someone you aren't a hockey player. He's the type of idiot that wouldn't put Kessel on an Olympic team when all he does is score goals. He's an idiot. He has no idea what to do with talent. No one could have known what karlsson could have done because Torts had know idea how to use him. If he would have been on a dozen other teams the whole league would have known what he could do.

Yet Dubois came out just fine?
Oct. 14, 2018 at 4:25 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Bklentz21
Yet Dubois came out just fine?

Dubois is a physical player. He also has a lot of natural talent, he was a top 3 pick. If you want to judge how well a coaching staff does, try looking below the 1st round.
Oct. 14, 2018 at 5:44 p.m.
JarmoK

CBJ got Karlsson as a throw-in piece from Anaheim. They clearly didn't see him as a 70-pt guy either. Keep grasping
Oct. 14, 2018 at 8:26 p.m.
Bklentz21
Dubois is a physical player. He also has a lot of natural talent, he was a top 3 pick. If you want to judge how well a coaching staff does, try looking below the 1st round.

Nutivaara seems pretty good. I think a guy named Atkinson has been putting up points. Korpisalo seems to be doing just fine. Bjorkstrand looks good. Josh Anderson is a 4th round pick what about him? He play a big part in filling a hole for the jackets last year with Panarin and Dubois.

And for our coach being so bad with players. Explain to me why Duclair, who couldn’t stick with Arizona of all teams, or even Chicago. Has come in under torts guidance and he’s playing the best he has for a few years. Tell me why Atkinson hasn’t been traded if he’s not physical, or Bjorkstrand.

And have you EVER watched Milano solely ina game. He is god awful with the puck. He gets it and he just looks like a deer in headlights. Now he’s great getting too the puck but the moment it hits his stick he just dies inside and looses the puck. He sometimes even looks afraid to shoot, a little of the Wennberg dilemma. He is just horrible maybe a different coach can help him be better. But look how good torts has coached the other 20 players on this team too be.

You could make this argument with any other unrealized potential guy on any team Sam bennett, hunter shinkaruk, or you could get really deep, Cam Barker. There are flops on every team and it happens.
Oct. 15, 2018 at 6:00 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Bklentz21
Nutivaara seems pretty good. I think a guy named Atkinson has been putting up points. Korpisalo seems to be doing just fine. Bjorkstrand looks good. Josh Anderson is a 4th round pick what about him? He play a big part in filling a hole for the jackets last year with Panarin and Dubois.

And for our coach being so bad with players. Explain to me why Duclair, who couldn’t stick with Arizona of all teams, or even Chicago. Has come in under torts guidance and he’s playing the best he has for a few years. Tell me why Atkinson hasn’t been traded if he’s not physical, or Bjorkstrand.

And have you EVER watched Milano solely ina game. He is god awful with the puck. He gets it and he just looks like a deer in headlights. Now he’s great getting too the puck but the moment it hits his stick he just dies inside and looses the puck. He sometimes even looks afraid to shoot, a little of the Wennberg dilemma. He is just horrible maybe a different coach can help him be better. But look how good torts has coached the other 20 players on this team too be.

You could make this argument with any other unrealized potential guy on any team Sam bennett, hunter shinkaruk, or you could get really deep, Cam Barker. There are flops on every team and it happens.

Hard to make an argument for some of the players you mention. Torts inherited Atkinson.
Bjorkstrand lets be honest, what has he really done? He's not an impact player, he's kind of a filler piece at this point. No one is game planning around Bjorkstrand.
Duclair has been her what 3 games, don't get your hopes up yet. Not to mention maybe it finally rattled around in his head this is it, his last chance. Every where he has gone the description has been lazy and stupid.
You haven't really provided any real evidence here. But yet there are multiple fan bases around the league who will all point at torts and say what an absolute jackass he is. That's pretty hard to argue against looking at it too.
Oct. 15, 2018 at 6:06 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: JarmoK
CBJ got Karlsson as a throw-in piece from Anaheim. They clearly didn't see him as a 70-pt guy either. Keep grasping

I don't really see it that way. He played 18 games for Anaheim and if you look at his AHL time there 37 games 24 points, I'd say you can clearly see the talent.
He was what 19-20 then?
then he came and had 2 years in CBJ....put up 20 points a year.
You can look at him as a fringe AHL throw in, but I think the ask was for something more than fringe based on his AHL time at a young age.
I'd say the real issue is why couldn't they get him to capitalize on it in 2 years.
I'm not saying he will put up points like he did last year every year, but he clearly has the talent for more than a 20 point player. And I think you can look and see the teams bone headed decisions to do things like start players like Dubinski and Foligno ahead of him on lines was a real cause to that. That's on the coaching staff.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll