SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

How much is a 1year marner deal i did nothing else

Apr. 13, 2019 at 3:05 p.m.
Quoting: capsin9
I mean I think I was pretty clear on how tax benefits depending on the area? Tampa players make 16.5% more of their money than a player in Toronto. That varies depending on where you play but 16.5% is a pretty significant amount of money? I’m not a cpa just using common sense.... paying less of a % in taxes = more money.

Example... what leaves you with more money haha

if I give you 100$ and take 50%
Or
If I give you 80$ and taking 30%?

But you say you disagree but after 3 years Marner has outperformed Matthews......? If you think Matthews is better the margins can’t be that major that you think Marner is taking 2.5-3 million$ Less.

A deal will get done also soon and no one but him knows what he’s going to accept but tml aren’t better with 4 1st than an established top 20 player. That’s silly. And toms you dad

I need to talk to my mother about that. Tom isn't my dad's name, but you could be onto something. You never know..

Marner could certainly come in at 2.5 to 3M less, it all depends on term, what Marner will accept, and what the leafs can afford. Marner is a special talent, there's no doubt about it, but AM is a 6'3 225lb franchise center who scores goals at an unprecedented rate. The guy is a unicorn, plain and simple. You don't have to agree with that, and I'm not really interested in trying to change your mind, its just my take..

The example you gave is fine, all I'm saying is that's there's more to it. Like, say, a leafs player who has a residence in a tax free state can enjoy some of those state tax benefits, too. And given how contracts are structured and paid out primarily in bonuses, leafs players don't get taxed at anywhere near the rate that you list. Or so some money/accounting guy informed on this site.

All Im saying, man, is that there is far more it than flate tax rates in different states/provinces. You can try to convince me otherwise, but I should warn you that i can be stubborn, pig headed and not so smrt..

Anywatys, I doesn't look like we're going to meet in the middle.. maybe we should wish each other the best and go our separate ways?
capsin9 liked this.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 3:11 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: blowing_the_zone
I need to talk to my mother about that. Tom isn't my dad's name, but you could be onto something. You never know..

Marner could certainly come in at 2.5 to 3M less, it all depends on term, what Marner will accept, and what the leafs can afford. Marner is a special talent, there's no doubt about it, but AM is a 6'3 225lb franchise center who scores goals at an unprecedented rate. The guy is a unicorn, plain and simple. You don't have to agree with that, and I'm not really interested in trying to change your mind, its just my take..

The example you gave is fine, all I'm saying is that's there's more to it. Like, say, a leafs player who has a residence in a tax free state can enjoy some of those state tax benefits, too. And given how contracts are structured and paid out primarily in bonuses, leafs players don't get taxed at anywhere near the rate that you list. Or so some money/accounting guy informed on this site.

All Im saying, man, is that there is far more it than flate tax rates in different states/provinces. You can try to convince me otherwise, but I should warn you that i can be stubborn, pig headed and not so smrt..

Anywatys, I doesn't look like we're going to meet in the middle.. maybe we should wish each other the best and go our separate ways?

I have a bet that philly wins a cup before the leafs so I need all the help I can get haha. Terrible bet on my end but maybe it’ll work out. Fair enough agree to disagree
Apr. 13, 2019 at 3:16 p.m.
Quoting: capsin9
I have a bet that philly wins a cup before the leafs so I need all the help I can get haha. Terrible bet on my end but maybe it’ll work out. Fair enough agree to disagree

Philly should OS Marner.. i hear he's awesome, worth 12M a year, and you couldnt possibly win a cup without him.. wink
capsin9 liked this.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 3:18 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: blowing_the_zone
Philly should OS Marner.. i hear he's awesome, worth 12M a year, and you couldnt possibly win a cup without him.. wink

Philly loves to offer sheet and I’m sure the leafs would be excited to win a single round of the playoffs before we talk cups....:0
blowing_the_zone liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll