Forums/Armchair-GM

Greatest USA Line Up

Created by: Agent_Of_R9
Team: 2019-20 Custom Team
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 11, 2019
Published: Jul. 11, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This is my greatest line up of American players. Bob Johnson will be the man behind the bench. Feel free to comment your opinion regarding my selections below!
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$999,999,999$158,775,000$0$0$841,224,999

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Hull, Brett
$11,000,000$11,000,000
Modano, Mike
$12,000,000$12,000,000
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
Stevens, Kevin
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LaFontaine, Pat
$11,500,000$11,500,000
Mullen, Joe
$9,000,000$9,000,000
Tkachuck, Keith
$7,500,000$7,500,000
Roenick, Jeremy
$7,500,000$7,500,000
Langenbrunner, Jamie
$6,750,000$6,750,000
Broten, Neal
$6,000,000$6,000,000
Weight, Doug
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LeClair, John
$6,500,000$6,500,000
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Leetch, Brian
$11,000,000$11,000,000
Chelios, Chris
$12,000,000$12,000,000
Brimsek, Frank
$6,500,000$6,500,000
Rafalski, Brian
$8,000,000$8,000,000
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$2,900,000$2,900,000
G
UFA - 4
Langway, Rod
$7,500,000$7,500,000
Housley, Phil
$8,500,000$8,500,000
Howe, Mark
$7,000,000$7,000,000

Special Teams

Power Play 1
Hull, B.
Modano, M.
Chelios, C.
Leetch, B.
Power Play 2
Mullen, J.
LaFontaine, P.
Stevens, K.
Rafalski, B.
Housley, P.
Penalty Kill 1
Roenick, J.
Tkachuck, K.
Leetch, B.
Rafalski, B.
Penalty Kill 2
Weight, D.
Broten, N.
Howe, M.
Langway, R.

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 11, 2019 at 10:04 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Do you guys believe this all time US hockey team will be able to beat the all time Canada team in a best on best tournament? https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1317683

Comment below!
Jul. 11, 2019 at 10:05 a.m.
man, I wish bruins had gotten one of the Tkachuck sons. Keith was so effing good. JR is one of my favorite players dude played all out all the time.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 10:06 a.m.
Quoting: BrandonDubinskyGOAT
Do you guys believe this all time US hockey team will be able to beat the all time Canada team in a best on best tournament? https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1317683

Comment below!

no chance. they would need to steal a game or two but canadians reign supreme im afraid.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 10:08 a.m.
More To Come
No mike richter?
Jul. 11, 2019 at 10:09 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: hanson493
man, I wish bruins had gotten one of the Tkachuck sons. Keith was so effing good. JR is one of my favorite players dude played all out all the time.

The Tkachuck brothers would fit perfectly into the Bruins’ heavy grit based system. They should’ve traded up in the draft to get them. No doubt in my mind they would’ve beat the Blues if they had them. Do you believe Keith Tkachuck and Jeremy Roenick should be in the Hall of Fame?
hanson493 liked this.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 10:09 a.m.
Banned
I miss Langenbrunner lol
Jul. 11, 2019 at 10:10 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: Frank_Booth
No mike richter?

He was really good, but I felt the things Quick has accomplished in his career allowed him to get surpassed.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 10:27 a.m.
The Tkachuck brothers would fit perfectly into the Bruins’ heavy grit based system. They should’ve traded up in the draft to get them. No doubt in my mind they would’ve beat the Blues if they had them. Do you believe Keith Tkachuck and Jeremy Roenick should be in the Hall of Fame?

100% both were top players in their respective era.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 11:21 a.m.
The only chance USA has is to form the team like the 1980 Olympic team, which means guys that are fast, extremely well conditioned, and that attack. I have concerns with Tkachuk and Hull as players that don’t fit that mold, but they are too good to take off the roster and their love of the country/game can’t be questioned.

First off Richter has to be the starting goalie, as he can make the big save and stood on his head for many years as the Rangers sent 4 and sometimes all 5 men to the net. Brimsek was an icon and great ambassador for the game, but the guy was tiny for a goalie at 5’9” and just couldn’t compete in a best on best tournament in the modern equivalency era with how guys shoot and pass the puck now.

I like the grit on your roster, but not the speed. For that reason Langenbruner, Weight,, and Stevens were replaced by modern guys with tons of speed and the size to match, The real surprise of the forward group is Ryan Kessler, who as at his best can skate like the wind for a big body, is a shut down defender, and can provide offense. Same bodes for Wheeler, while Pavelski is just a gamer.

The major flaw for the American team
Is on defense: Leetch, Chelly, and Housley are strong, but then the talent falls off a cliff compared to the Canadians. For that reason I have to bank on current players as I believe the American talent bar has been raised to its highest level at present.

My lineup:

Kane Madano Hull
Mathews Roenick LaFontaine
Tkachuk Pavelski Mullen
LeClare Kesler Wheeler

Leetch Chelios
Housley Seth Jones
Ryan Suter Charlie McAvoy

Richter
Quick
Jul. 11, 2019 at 11:47 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast

Well I am sure they will both get in. They were superstars but I don’t think they were on the same level as the best offensive players of their era for example, Sakic, Kariya, Fedorov, Modano and Selänne. Honestly I believe that there are too many players in the Hall Of Fame, the standards should be higher. For example only the top 4-5 players of each era should make it. There are many great players but actually very few exceptional.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 12:16 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: RangersLeadTheWay
The only chance USA has is to form the team like the 1980 Olympic team, which means guys that are fast, extremely well conditioned, and that attack. I have concerns with Tkachuk and Hull as players that don’t fit that mold, but they are too good to take off the roster and their love of the country/game can’t be questioned.

First off Richter has to be the starting goalie, as he can make the big save and stood on his head for many years as the Rangers sent 4 and sometimes all 5 men to the net. Brimsek was an icon and great ambassador for the game, but the guy was tiny for a goalie at 5’9” and just couldn’t compete in a best on best tournament in the modern equivalency era with how guys shoot and pass the puck now.

I like the grit on your roster, but not the speed. For that reason Langenbruner, Weight,, and Stevens were replaced by modern guys with tons of speed and the size to match, The real surprise of the forward group is Ryan Kessler, who as at his best can skate like the wind for a big body, is a shut down defender, and can provide offense. Same bodes for Wheeler, while Pavelski is just a gamer.

Is on defense: Leetch, Chelly, and Housley are strong, but then the talent falls off a cliff compared to the Canadians. For that reason I have to bank on current players as I believe the American talent bar has been raised to its highest level at present.

My lineup:

Kane Madano Hull
Tkachuk Pavelski Mullen
LeClare Kesler Wheeler

Leetch Chelios
Housley Seth Jones

Richter
Quick

Thanks for commenting, I can see you put a lot of thought into this. I am actually really glad your brought up the speed and skill. I as well, would prefer that over the grit and heaviness. I think Kessel should be on the team instead of Pavelski because in his prime he was quicker and more individually talented. Stevens deserves to be on USA’s all time team no matter what because he scored 50 goals multiple times and was on pace for a Hall Of Fame career had he not suffered the concussions.

That said, I don’t think it is a good idea to match up against the Canadian All Time team with a skill-on-skill battle. The Canadian players are all extremely talented, disciplined and complete. The Americans will not have a chance if they try to outskate the likes of Lemieux and Gretzky because they are far too tricky. The way I see it, there is only one way USA might have a chance. That is to play an extremely physical, intimidating and aggravating game in which they get under the skin of the Canadian superstars.

I know that USA’s defence on paper doesn’t look very good, but it is actually solid. Rafalski was a very underrated 2 way defender who played an extremely disciplined game. Howe was a shutdown defenseman who was extremely physical and Langway could move up and down the ice with great skating. Jones will make this team in a few years, is already the best defender in the world. I like your Ricter point. Stay tuned for my all time Russia line up.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 1:02 p.m.
Banned

My lineup:

Kane Madano Hull
Tkachuk Pavelski Mullen
LeClare Kesler Wheeler

Leetch Chelios
Housley Seth Jones

Richter
Quick

Well I am sure they will both get in. They were superstars but I don’t think they were on the same level as the best offensive players of their era for example, Sakic, Kariya, Fedorov, Modano and Selänne. Honestly I believe that there are too many players in the Hall Of Fame, the standards should be higher. For example only the top 4-5 players of each era should make it. There are many great players but actually very few exceptional.

Its pretty good we can put thoose young guy in because they haven’t achieved enough yet! So that would be the line up for sure but i would replace brian rafalski by gary sutter
Jul. 11, 2019 at 1:04 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: Sebybbq
Its pretty good we can put thoose young guy in because they haven’t achieved enough yet! So that would be the line up for sure but i would replace brian rafalski by gary sutter

Suter was a better offensive player and puck mover, but Rafalski was a top pairing defenseman on those Devils and Red Wings cup winning teams.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 1:28 p.m.
Banned
Suter was a better offensive player and puck mover, but Rafalski was a top pairing defenseman on those Devils and Red Wings cup winning teams.

I really think that suter was superior he and al macinnis was the big two of the 80 eith the calgary flames after that he play for chicago and he was great but he finish with the shark that why whe don’t remember how great he was
Jul. 11, 2019 at 1:35 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
I really think that suter was superior he and al macinnis was the big two of the 80 eith the calgary flames after that he play for chicago and he was great but he finish with the shark that why whe don’t remember how great he was

I appreciate your take and have a good point.
Pharow liked this.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast

My lineup:

Kane Madano Hull
Tkachuk Pavelski Mullen
LeClare Kesler Wheeler

Leetch Chelios
Housley Seth Jones

Richter
Quick

Quoting: Csick123
I miss Langenbrunner lol

No mike richter?

Who’d you guys believe was the better player in their prime, Patrick Kane or Brett Hull?
Jul. 11, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
Who’d you guys believe was the better player in their prime, Patrick Kane or Brett Hull?

cant compare, two different eras of hockey, two different styles.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 2:13 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
cant compare, two different eras of hockey, two different styles.

I agree, but for me, Hull couldn’t carry Kane’s jock strap.
Kane’s individual skill level was higher. Better skater, puck handler and creator. Hull was just a pure goal scorer like Laine who relied on elite centres like Oates to drive the play for him.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 2:18 p.m.
I agree, but for me, Hull couldn’t carry Kane’s jock strap.
Kane’s individual skill level was higher. Better skater, puck handler and creator. Hull was just a pure goal scorer like Laine who relied on elite centres like Oates to drive the play for him.

yeah but i also think if kane played in the same era as hull, his career is over from some of the hits that went on in that era. Way better product to watch as a fan though.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 2:18 p.m.
Banned

Bret hull by a miles he score 41, 72, 86, 70, 54, 57, 29 in 48 games lockout year, 43, 42 goal in 9 years spent that a lot of goal! In those 9 years he was there on top of the greatest player with mario lemieux and Wayne gretzky! He was a step behind of course because he wasn’t a play maker like those two but still score 500 goal in 9 season that is dominant
Jul. 11, 2019 at 2:34 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Bret hull by a miles he score 41, 72, 86, 70, 54, 57, 29 in 48 games lockout year, 43, 42 goal in 9 years spent that a lot of goal! In those 9 years he was there on top of the greatest player with mario lemieux and Wayne gretzky! He was a step behind of course because he wasn’t a play maker like those two but still score 500 goal in 9 season that is dominant

I agree with everything you said except for Hull being better than Kane. For me, Kane is leagues ahead, in fact, Hull couldn’t even carry Kane’s jock strap. Indeed Hull was a great goal scorer but he was extremely overrated. He was too one dimensional and could only shoot the puck after being set up by teammates in a good position. Kane had much better skating, agility, puck handling, skill moves, creativity and vision. Hull’s success came from Oates, one of the greatest playmakers and possession drivers of all time. Kane was more capable of creating offence on his own.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 2:55 p.m.
Banned
I agree with everything you said except for Hull being better than Kane. For me, Kane is leagues ahead, in fact, Hull couldn’t even carry Kane’s jock strap. Indeed Hull was a great goal scorer but he was extremely overrated. He was too one dimensional and could only shoot the puck after being set up by teammates in a good position. Kane had much better skating, agility, puck handling, skill moves, creativity and vision. Hull’s success came from Oates, one of the greatest playmakers and possession drivers of all time. Kane was more capable of creating offence on his own.

Hull only play with oates 2 and a half year! Kane as been dominant for 4 season now. And hull play in a way tougher time! Of course they are not the same type of player kane is way better playmaker but for me scoring 500 in 9 season spent is how he was dominant ! Kane may not score 500 goal in is entired career ( but still he will be among the greatest usa born players for sure )
Jul. 15, 2019 at 11:14 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast

No mike richter?

Quoting: Csick123
I miss Langenbrunner lol

My lineup:

Kane Madano Hull
Tkachuk Pavelski Mullen
LeClare Kesler Wheeler

Leetch Chelios
Housley Seth Jones

Richter
Quick

Everyone, please check out my all time Finland lineup. Feel free to let me know your thoughts regarding my player selections in the comment section! https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1329288

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll