1. Simon, Dominik
  2. 2021 3rd round pick (PIT)
PIT
  1. Edmundson, Joel [RFA Rights]
STL
  1. Jarry, Tristan
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (PIT)
Additional Details:
Speculating that maybe they would have interest in Jarry as a cheap backup for Binnington in the future.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$76,332,500$132,500$2,850,000$5,167,500

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,050,000$2,050,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
LD
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 14, 2019 at 10:11 p.m.
Banned
I don't mind the Gusev trade but the others have to go.
Way to costly to dump JJ, he will go for far less.
Gudbranson isn't going anywhere. Not till someone capable comes back to fill his "role". There really isn't anyone there who can do that.
Edmundson is a nice trade, not sure you'd get him for that, I don't see STL needing a goalie. They have 2 currently. I'm sure they would love to trade allen and then maybe, but who in the hell would take him.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 11:07 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: pharrow
Gudbranson isn't going anywhere. Not till someone capable comes back to fill his "role". There really isn't anyone there who can do that.
Edmundson is a nice trade, not sure you'd get him for that, I don't see STL needing a goalie. They have 2 currently. I'm sure they would love to trade allen and then maybe, but who in the hell would take him.

Agree, you can dump JJ by only adding a first round pick. In your opinion, who is the better player at their best, Evgeni Malkin or Patrick Kane?
Jul. 14, 2019 at 11:13 p.m.

The JJ trade was exactly the same as the Hunwick trade last off season. Maybe another pick would be added to sweeten pot, but it shouldn't be anything higher than a 3rd if Rust is going with him.

Petrovic is the affordable version of Gudbranson.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 11:33 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: BrandonDubinskyGOAT
Agree, you can dump JJ by only adding a first round pick. In your opinion, who is the better player at their best, Evgeni Malkin or Patrick Kane?

I agree you're paying to move Johnson, but a 1ST ROUND PICK???!?!??!
GoPens08 liked this.
Jul. 15, 2019 at 2:21 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Ttrexler99
The JJ trade was exactly the same as the Hunwick trade last off season. Maybe another pick would be added to sweeten pot, but it shouldn't be anything higher than a 3rd if Rust is going with him.

Petrovic is the affordable version of Gudbranson.

no this is not even close to the Hunwick trade. Rust sure as hell is not Sheary who was awful when not being carried on Crosby's back.
Jul. 15, 2019 at 2:32 a.m.
Banned

no way it costs a 1st.

As far as better player. 82 game average malkin is over 10 points higher in his career, and he plays center, although his FO% sucks. But in comparison the one year Kane had to play center was statistically speaking his worst year ever. They immediately returned him to wing the next year. And I think that tells the whole story. His faceoff % that year was awful, lower than Malkins career average, and at his peak say 50 goal season Malkin, his faceoffs were 47.5%.
So yeah, I'd take Malkin or Kane.
Jul. 15, 2019 at 7:32 a.m.
no this is not even close to the Hunwick trade. Rust sure as hell is not Sheary who was awful when not being carried on Crosby's back.

It is literally the exact same deal!! I don't know what your talking about. Sheary and Rust are practically the same player. Similar cap hits all around, similar production ( aside from Sheary's one good season with Sid ). Where are you seeing any differences ?
Jul. 15, 2019 at 9:54 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
It is literally the exact same deal!! I don't know what your talking about. Sheary and Rust are practically the same player. Similar cap hits all around, similar production ( aside from Sheary's one good season with Sid ). Where are you seeing any differences ?

Rust is a better player than Sheary, but not by too much. He is more physical and versatile, plus his defensive awareness is better as he sees time on the penalty kill. Sheary has better agility and puck skills compared to Rust but he wastes too many scoring chances. Similar speed and forechecking abilities though.
Jul. 15, 2019 at 9:56 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I agree you're paying to move Johnson, but a 1ST ROUND PICK???!?!??!

Look what the Leafs had to give up to move Marleau, a player with more value than Johnson yet only had 1 year remaining.
Jul. 15, 2019 at 9:57 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
no way it costs a 1st.

As far as better player. 82 game average malkin is over 10 points higher in his career, and he plays center, although his FO% sucks. But in comparison the one year Kane had to play center was statistically speaking his worst year ever. They immediately returned him to wing the next year. And I think that tells the whole story. His faceoff % that year was awful, lower than Malkins career average, and at his peak say 50 goal season Malkin, his faceoffs were 47.5%.
So yeah, I'd take Malkin or Kane.

Yeah career points per game average, Malkin is 1.18 and Kane is 1.05 for both regular season and playoffs.
Jul. 15, 2019 at 10:16 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Look what the Leafs had to give up to move Marleau, a player with more value than Johnson yet only had 1 year remaining.

Johnson's cap hit isn't that bad. It's more than i'd want to be paying but it's not terrible. It's 3.25M. Marleau's was 6.25M if i'm correct.
Jul. 15, 2019 at 1:15 p.m.
Banned
Rust is a better player than Sheary, but not by too much. He is more physical and versatile, plus his defensive awareness is better as he sees time on the penalty kill. Sheary has better agility and puck skills compared to Rust but he wastes too many scoring chances. Similar speed and forechecking abilities though.

No it's not and the comment above shows you why. Sheary was a total waste of space on the ice when Crosby wasn't carrying him. He didn't hit anyone, couldn't fight for a puck, was not good defensively.
If you think they are the same player you don't watch the games.
Jul. 15, 2019 at 1:37 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
No it's not and the comment above shows you why. Sheary was a total waste of space on the ice when Crosby wasn't carrying him. He didn't hit anyone, couldn't fight for a puck, was not good defensively.

I wouldn’t say Sheary is complete garbage. Obviously he’s not as good as Rust or Kunhackl but he still made his contributions. He was good at forcing turnovers and forechecking with his speed, a very determined player. His stick handling and skills with the puck were not bad, he just didn’t have hockey sense or size.
GoPens08 liked this.
Jul. 15, 2019 at 1:39 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Johnson's cap hit isn't that bad. It's more than i'd want to be paying but it's not terrible. It's 3.25M. Marleau's was 6.25M if i'm correct.

It’s not a bad deal and Johnson would probably fit well with better the Kings or Ducks, but with the Penguins his play has been beyond atrocious so he’s going to have negative value.
GoPens08 liked this.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 8:36 a.m.

I cannot understand your thought process at all.

According to Capfriendly (and my memory) Conor Sheary and Matt Hunwick were traded to Buffalo for a conditional 4th round pick that turns into a 3rd if Sheary met 20 goals or 40 points. (THE SAME MOTHER BLEEPING DEAL I JUST PROPOSED TO LA but somehow it is not the same) Substitute Sheary, who generally going to be a 30 to 40 point player with good possession metrics for Bryan Rust, also generally going to be 30 to 40 point player with good possession metric that is marginally better at defense and checking according to you. Cap hits are very similar and I would add that the cap limit has risen since this trade so Cap hit % is probably very close to eachother or even less.

And since I have to spell everything out for you, when I say "practically the same player", this does not mean exactly the same player. I'm referring to means of production. Which they both hover between 30 and 40 points, similar cap hit, similar age. This does not mean literally everything both of these players do on the ice.

And since you are so low on Sheary, I'm not sure why you are arguing with me. This would mean that LA is getting a better deal than Buffalo did at this rate.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 12:18 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast

According to Capfriendly (and my memory) Conor Sheary and Matt Hunwick were traded to Buffalo for a conditional 4th round pick that turns into a 3rd if Sheary met 20 goals or 40 points. (THE SAME MOTHER BLEEPING DEAL I JUST PROPOSED TO LA but somehow it is not the same) Substitute Sheary, who generally going to be a 30 to 40 point player with good possession metrics for Bryan Rust, also generally going to be 30 to 40 point player with good possession metric that is marginally better at defense and checking according to you. Cap hits are very similar and I would add that the cap limit has risen since this trade so Cap hit % is probably very close to eachother or even less.

And since I have to spell everything out for you, when I say "practically the same player", this does not mean exactly the same player. I'm referring to means of production. Which they both hover between 30 and 40 points, similar cap hit, similar age. This does not mean literally everything both of these players do on the ice.

And since you are so low on Sheary, I'm not sure why you are arguing with me. This would mean that LA is getting a better deal than Buffalo did at this rate.

Honestly I was a big fan of Sheary when he was with the Penguins. However most people hate him because he slipped and fell a lot, plus he missed more chances than he could finish. @pharrow is a huge fan of Rust and believes he is amongst the most valuable players in the game. Would not trade him unless the return is a player of Kapanen’s quality and a first round pick.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 5:16 p.m.
Banned

first ignore BrandonDubinskyGOAT he's a troll.

second, Sheary and Rust are not the same player. Sheary was worthless not playing on Crosby's wing. Did you watch the games when he was demoted. He went from Crosby's wing to the 3rd line where he was completely ineffective, to the 4th line where he was a waste of space, to the bench.

He was a one dimensional player and that one dimension was on Crosby's back.
Rust however has value, he can play on 3rd lines with out being carried by someone else.
He's an actual useful player. The penguins sent 2 cap dumps to Buffalo in the disguises that buffalo got something in return. Believe me the pens weren't crying a river shipping sheary out the door.
But Rust is a totally different matter. He's skilled, physical, one of the fastest players on the team. He's a guy they miss if they ship him out the door. That's why it's not nearly the same. Players are more than just the points they collect. Hags was an extremely low point player on the penguins, but don't tell me shipping him off didn't screw up the penguins lines. Go ask washington how valuable he is as a player on the ice they will tell you. Even if he doesn't score a lot, he's a really good player for everything else he brings to the ice. Speed, defense, physical play, being hard to play against. That's the difference between sheary and Rust and it's not even a close comparison. Sheary is right there to run with the puck and shoot it. But don't ask him to do anything else because it's not going to happen. And when he can't do that effectively, he's worthless on the ice.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll