Forums/Armchair-GM

Trade with Edmonton

Created by: johnston3504
Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 22, 2019
Published: Jul. 22, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I dont think its to far off for value and i know edmonton wouldnt trade mcdavid but fun to dream.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$10,600,000
Trades
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$80,968,199$0$132,500$531,801
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
UFA - 7
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$10,600,000$10,600,000
RW
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$3,200,000$3,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 23, 2019 at 4:16 p.m.
Oil Country Rising
Quoting: LoganOllivier
I may be saying things here that are going over your head, that happens to me a lot. I tend to look at situations from a much broader sense than most people do and most people don't like thinking about things beyond their emotional attachments to the situation.

I still stand by my guess at what McDavid would bring back in a trade, if it was TO, it would be Matthews plus another small asset. I say that because the only way I see Edmonton ever trading McDavid is if he wanted out because things don't get better. That is a hypothetical situation, its a future that hasn't happened yet but there is definitely a chance it can happen. I haven't wavered in any of my retorts sir, I have been consistent, polite and descriptive in my responses. I am almost certain you haven't read most of what I have said, had you done so, you would see that I am not saying anything is set in stone, what I have been doing is putting forward an idea and backing it up with a number of pieces of supporting information.

So lets recap this since you are hell bent on not listening and like to discount what I am saying as the ramblings of a stupid leaf fan. Just as a side note, I am in no way offended, angry or even annoyed. I just have a need to make myself understood and you sir are not understanding what I am saying nor have you tried to up to this point.

So here it is.

Edmonton has missed the playoffs for 2 years in a row, Chiarelli was a terrible GM who really messed up a lot of things. The front office of the oilers has been a poorly run old boys club for well over a decade. These are two facts that can't be disputed, its well known. Holland has been brought in to right the ship and that happened this summer. He made no front office moves until after the draft at which time he completely revamped the scouting department. He's made several small moves and then moved Lucic (which was an incredible deal in my opinion). At this time Edmonton has some intersting prospects, Bouchard being the top of the pile currently. He looks like he'll be a good player but is still probably a year or two away, Holland has a history of over ripening his prospects and letting them develop so I think its a stretch to assume he's going to jump in and make a big impact this season. The rest of their prospects outside of the ones drafted in the last 2 drafts aren't top end prospects, there is a reason Holland fired the scouting staff, its because they have missed on everyone outside of 1st round picks since 2007). So if we consider Holland's past tendencies, its safe to assume that we won't see much in the way of hot shot young players for a year or two still, which I think is a must, the team isn't ready to contend and won't be for a while so rushing things will only damage development.

So will all that said, I think there will be 2 seasons of not much success for this team, which again, I think is necessary and the smart path forward. So if this plan works, and the players they have drafted and are developing start panning out, in 3 seasons you could have an Oilers team that has a number of home grown players ready to dot the lineup and make meaningful contributions. If that is the case, McDavid will be thrilled and will have all the confidence the team is moving in the right direction.

This is and has always been what I hope to see happen. I truly want to see the Oilers succeed.

With that said, nothing is certain, mistakes can be made, injuries happen and bad luck is a real thing.

So lets say Holland isn't what he used to be, he doesn't draft well, thinks he's closer than he is and rushes things. Makes some high priced FA deals next season and further complicates the Oilers future cap situation, goaltending doesn't improve and prospects take way longer to develop than they hope. All of that is absolutely something that can happen. If it does, in 3 years the Oilers could be sitting here looking at the same situation they are now, very little in the way of depth talent, poor cap situation and goaltending issues. How long can you expect the best player in the world to endure that?

So IF and I really want to emphasize the word IF because I am just speaking in hypotheticals, so if all those things happen, it would be understandable if McDavid gets sick of it and wants to move on. At which time he would have a full NMC and would dictate where he would want to go. There won't be many top end teams that have the cap space to afford him so the potential teams that would want to trade for him at that time (Of course everyone will try to make a pitch) they won't be competing with too many competitors. All the moving parts that would lead to a McDavid trade, weaken the Oilers stance and that is why I say IF ever he is traded, it would be a very bad day for the Oilers.

SO again in conclusion, I hope it never comes to that. All Oiler fans should pray it never comes to that, because if it does, you'll never get anything remotely close to the value that is posted above. That price is ridiculous and TO would have zero interest in it. Rielly could be a Norris winner in the future and Matthews could win the Rocket and no one would be surprised, moving both of those and more, even for the best player in the world is a bad move for a team.

How hard is it for you to actually read a statement contrary to your own beliefs and not comment on the "but because".

Your price of Matthews and a 1st is woefully insufficient. Never did I ever say that the price was "Matthews, Reilly, + + + " All I said was that if a lowball like that ever came to the Oilers, McDavid is going somewhere else. You argued back that "disgruntled McDavid = no fair value". You were given the answer of "Disgruntled or not, OTHER teams will offer more than that laughable package". Your inability to process that very important point, which truly should have been the end of the discussion, was both inexplicable but expected. Even when presented with early evidence of change, they were dismissed as "lofty goals", yet your entire argument was hinged on a "what if".

You decided to go on and on about how the Leafs were this, the Oilers didnt have that, and so on. I then stated that this is the exact attitude people have zeroed in on about Leaf fans, to which you decided I was just taking it out on Leaf nation. Now you've pulled the victim card labelled "I'm just here being all polite, look at you getting all bent out of shape", I mean, if I had my head up my backside I'd be unable to see it too.

Again, there is unfortunately no amicable end in sight for this conversation as we've left hockey a long time ago. I've entertained what is essentially a low-key pissing match far too long.

Writing a novel per response doesnt necessarily mean you have vast knowledge in the matter, either. I've been reading it word for word, just doesnt seem like you've been understanding what I've been saying all this time. Have a good one!
Jul. 23, 2019 at 9:21 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Miguelicious
How hard is it for you to actually read a statement contrary to your own beliefs and not comment on the "but because".

Your price of Matthews and a 1st is woefully insufficient. Never did I ever say that the price was "Matthews, Reilly, + + + " All I said was that if a lowball like that ever came to the Oilers, McDavid is going somewhere else. You argued back that "disgruntled McDavid = no fair value". You were given the answer of "Disgruntled or not, OTHER teams will offer more than that laughable package". Your inability to process that very important point, which truly should have been the end of the discussion, was both inexplicable but expected. Even when presented with early evidence of change, they were dismissed as "lofty goals", yet your entire argument was hinged on a "what if".

You decided to go on and on about how the Leafs were this, the Oilers didnt have that, and so on. I then stated that this is the exact attitude people have zeroed in on about Leaf fans, to which you decided I was just taking it out on Leaf nation. Now you've pulled the victim card labelled "I'm just here being all polite, look at you getting all bent out of shape", I mean, if I had my head up my backside I'd be unable to see it too.

Again, there is unfortunately no amicable end in sight for this conversation as we've left hockey a long time ago. I've entertained what is essentially a low-key pissing match far too long.

Writing a novel per response doesnt necessarily mean you have vast knowledge in the matter, either. I've been reading it word for word, just doesnt seem like you've been understanding what I've been saying all this time. Have a good one!

Okay there is no conversation there you don't want to even imagine a different hypothetical. Good day sir and I hope Holland makes the right moves and McDavid battles for several cups in his career.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll