SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Thoughts On Mitch Marner

Jan. 21, 2020 at 1:07 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: MikeyThePensFan
Honestly I’ve seen a lot of negative feedback from Leaf fans towards Mitch Marner pretty much the entire season. I see it everywhere on the various social media platforms. As someone who really admires Mitch Marner as a player, this is hard to see. While it’s understandable given the Leafs’ struggle to find consistency in their game, I am still curious to know whether or not Mitch Marner deserves to be made the number 1 scapegoat of this team. I think it’s true that he got grossly overpaid in the off-season and probably made a few million too much plus there have been times where he really hasn’t made good decisions on the ice. However, it’s not like he hasn’t been contributing to this team. He still leads the team in points per game and would be on pace for 101 through a full season. That’s not bad at all. I get it’s been a tough season for Leaf fans but I really don’t think that Marner deserves all the blame and hateful treatment for everything he does.

Mitch Marner is a franchise player for the Leafs. The Leafs have been waiting for years to have a player like him with his elite skill set.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 3:19 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: TMLSage
Mitch Marner is a franchise player for the Leafs. The Leafs have been waiting for years to have a player like him with his elite skill set.

YUCGT55CL5BINGBFMLYJ5LBNJ4.jpg
TMLSage liked this.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 4:35 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Mondo

You sent the wrong picture. Unfortunately, you do not understand that Marner is going to be a Maple Leaf for many more years than Matthews.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 5:19 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: palhal
I don't think the really in a mess by keeping not keeping McElhinney although I wished the Leafs had kept him. The summer of 2021 would still be coming up. And for all the criticism that Sparks got last year, in those games he played, the Leaf were lousy, don't know if any goalie could have got more points. Somewhat the same for Hutch this year.

Well, the Leafs played some really bad games last season in front of Sparks, but I remember they were against Ottawa & the Leafs completely outplayed their opponents but Sparks let in 3 soft goals, yet he called out the team after.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 5:21 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: TMLSage

I’m amazed at how highly you view Marner. I don’t know if he’s got the talent to be a franchise player but he’s definitely elite.
TMLSage liked this.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 5:45 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: MikeyThePensFan
I’m amazed at how highly you view Marner. I don’t know if he’s got the talent to be a franchise player but he’s definitely elite.

Marner's true value is blurred with him being on same team as Matthews and Tavares. What fans do not realize is that he is actually as good or better than Tavares and Matthews at what he brings to the table. Think he will be a futurre captain for the Leafs. He is one of the biggest reasons that Tavares signed as UFA in Toronto. Matthews has been dieing to play on same line as him for the last 3 years and Marner is going to help Matthews take his goal scoring to a new level and hit atleast 50 this year.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll