hockey trades

Created by: pharrow
Team: 2019-20 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 1, 2020
Published: Feb. 1, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Just looking at different combinations.
I don't know, I think a lower cost rental like Namestnikov might be the way to go.
The other two trades don't really matter.
Buf is probably going to ride out Vesey. I think the swap would be interesting just to see if either player has anything left personally. Chucky is in Sully's dog house. Vesey is just not getting the ice time or the results in Buf. I think both guys have potential. They just aren't hitting it. Need a change. It's a solid thing to give guys that chance especially when you having nothing to really lose. The penguins don't have a ton to lose there. They can always play Simon.
As for Thornton, why not. Makes no difference really. I think the sharks take the trade and run. The penguins are ok with it because it clears cap and maybe get a bit of playoff grit.
Trades
PIT
  1. Thornton, Joe
Additional Details:
Seen SJS fans want to try to get Joe a cup.
He probably retires next year. Bjugstad gives them a 3rd line center. Joe gets a shot at a cup. The penguins get a guy who's a bit more durable for a cup run. Not sure how he'd fit but he could play 4C at worst while Blueger is the 3C, hell the "4th" line is already their 3rd line anyway. Maybe he can fill in at 3C.
PIT
  1. Vesey, Jimmy
Additional Details:
Vesey and BUF have not worked out, he's been a healthy scratch before. BUF maybe tries to get some kind of scoring out of Chucky. I'm not sure how this really works. Or maybe it's another team making a similar kind of deal.
Maybe Buf could have better luck trying to flip AG. Who knows. I would have done this more than a month ago if I was Buf. They had nothing to lose then now, they don't really have much to gain. The penguins just trying to get something out of a roster spot. Two expiring contracts. Solids for the players to try to turn it around with new organizations by both organizations.
BUF
  1. Galchenyuk, Alex ($2,450,000 retained)
PIT
  1. Namestnikov, Vladislav
Additional Details:
The penguins give up a guy who is doing all the right things as a prospect but is just log jammed out at LW and Center. He got a run and played well during his stint with Injuries. He'd be a solid bottom 6 guy who's cheap and has control. Would help fill out Ottawa roster next year with a fast young player. The penguins get a RW for the playoff run. He's a guy much lower on people's radar and isn't going to break the bank as far as a return. I peg him at probably returning a 3rd. Lafferty is worth a third. It's an even swap
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$77,831,625$132,500$3,700,000$3,668,375
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$2,275,000$2,275,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$874,125$874,125
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 1, 2020 at 5:46 p.m.
Bjug makes too much. I just dont know if he bounces back with the sharks
Feb. 1, 2020 at 6:17 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: papishark
Bjug makes too much. I just dont know if he bounces back with the sharks

It's a one year deal, and unless you got a prospect to fill the spot, you won't find cheaper in FA. 4 mil is turning out to be a going rate for a 3C.
The best part of it, it's 1 year.
Feb. 1, 2020 at 8:08 p.m.
claysbar
Like the Thornton trade. PIT could even retain a mill if it makes it a bit more palatable. Really don't like the Lafferty trade though. Guy has all the traits that the team is looking for and add the fact he is one of the few RH forwards that the team has make him even harder to move IMO. I really don't think we've seen his best yet which sould be a full time 3rd line with the ability to go 2nd in limited situations (better than ZAR but not quite Rust). If they decide to go for a middle 6 guy, I'd like to see Comeau come back. He had good chemistry with both Geno and Sid. Guy still has good speed, hands and plays a 200ft game. The RH shot on the LW doesn't hurt either for the next year giving time for Lafferty to solidify his game.
Feb. 2, 2020 at 7:52 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: claysbar
Like the Thornton trade. PIT could even retain a mill if it makes it a bit more palatable. Really don't like the Lafferty trade though. Guy has all the traits that the team is looking for and add the fact he is one of the few RH forwards that the team has make him even harder to move IMO. I really don't think we've seen his best yet which sould be a full time 3rd line with the ability to go 2nd in limited situations (better than ZAR but not quite Rust). If they decide to go for a middle 6 guy, I'd like to see Comeau come back. He had good chemistry with both Geno and Sid. Guy still has good speed, hands and plays a 200ft game. The RH shot on the LW doesn't hurt either for the next year giving time for Lafferty to solidify his game.

I think Lafferty will eventually be a full time NHL player. This is his first real year out of the NCAA. He's shown he can play at this pace. He's still growing.
But having said that, you have to give to get.
And his path is probably going to remain blocked. Both Legare and Pouline are RW. If they aren't bringing someone in from the outside, I'm not surprised if that's the direction they go. Pouline is putting up points at a 1.67 pace. That's on the same level as a lot of guys who came in at 19. Like PLD in CBJ. I don't know how long you can hold a guy like that back. At some point you are hindering his development. He's clearly too talented for his competition level. Given it's his 3rd year in the Q, I think they move him out.
At the same point Legare is on a really bad team. That's not doing his development any favors either. But they can't put him in the AHL. It's hard for talented guys to improve with no help around them at all.
So I think next year you will see some youth here. That's my guess. I don't know why they would keep Pouline in the Q for another year at this point. Iron sharpens Iron as they say. And right now he needs better competition to grow. He won't get that next year in the Q. If anything he'll probably be one of those guys who only plays half a season to avoid injury as he has nothing left to prove there and he's already drafted. So what do you then do with a guy like Lafferty. You can't hold him forever and letting him rot in the AHL isn't really the right thing to do. He would make OTT roster next year. In return they get a guy for the playoffs with more offensive upside right now.
claysbar liked this.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 9:56 a.m.
I like Getting Vesey. I don't think he is as talened as Gally but he is more solid two way player and digs in the corners. Has good size too.
Namestikov would be a great pickup. He can play on any of the top 3 lines.
Thorton though is just too slow. It would be nice to see him get a cup but a team that is based on skating, speed, and forechecking just wouldn't work. Maybe send Bjugstad for Namestikov and keep lafferty who had a very good year in his first AHL season putting up 49 points last year. Could really develop into a solid bottom 6 /top 9 player and he's right handed.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll