Draft Class: 2020
Created By: jassan28
Published: Apr. 28, 2020 at 12:23 a.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils
  2. Logo of the Anaheim DucksAnaheim Ducks
  3. Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings
Apr. 28, 2020 at 9:09 a.m.
Devils don't pick askarov at 10, Blackwood has proved this season that he can be a great NHL starter (look at his stats, and combine that with the Devils' atrocious defense). At 10 considering who's available, I think they pick Sanderson, especially because he plays in the USNTDP, like Hughes.
Leemer liked this.
Apr. 28, 2020 at 11:07 a.m.
Evans truther
Quoting: Jamhuggy7
Devils don't pick askarov at 10, Blackwood has proved this season that he can be a great NHL starter (look at his stats, and combine that with the Devils' atrocious defense). At 10 considering who's available, I think they pick Sanderson, especially because he plays in the USNTDP, like Hughes.

People need to stop saying that because Blackwood had a great season they don't need Askarov. MacKenzie took D+4 to establish himself as a good goaltender in the league so if Askarov takes D+4 to develop Blackwood will then be 27 so imagine the tandem with Blackwood being at his peek and Askarov beginning his career. If the guy's suppose to be the next Fleury/Price and he falls at 10 you'll avoid him just because your starting goaltender has looked good in his 70 starts in the NHL? Sanderson's a nice project but like Askarov he still has a long way to go before hitting the big league.
Always go BPA.
Leemer liked this.
Apr. 28, 2020 at 12:07 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
Quoting: ColonelX
People need to stop saying that because Blackwood had a great season they don't need Askarov. MacKenzie took D+4 to establish himself as a good goaltender in the league so if Askarov takes D+4 to develop Blackwood will then be 27 so imagine the tandem with Blackwood being at his peek and Askarov beginning his career. If the guy's suppose to be the next Fleury/Price and he falls at 10 you'll avoid him just because your starting goaltender has looked good in his 70 starts in the NHL? Sanderson's a nice project but like Askarov he still has a long way to go before hitting the big league.
Always go BPA.

I believe Askarov falls to the Wild who also have pick 25 to pick up their marquee skater and can afford to draft a goalie. Buffalo’s gm Botterill likes his USA players too and may draft Sanderson to have a left left tandem depth with Dahlin. Chicago’s defense prospects are not that good either so they may pick Sanderson Ahead of the Devils
Apr. 28, 2020 at 3:08 p.m.
GoCanada
Quoting: Leemer
I believe Askarov falls to the Wild who also have pick 25 to pick up their marquee skater and can afford to draft a goalie. Buffalo’s gm Botterill likes his USA players too and may draft Sanderson to have a left left tandem depth with Dahlin. Chicago’s defense prospects are not that good either so they may pick Sanderson Ahead of the Devils

Wow, that's interesting. I don't see Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Drysdale, Lundell, Perfetti, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz falling out of top 10 in the draft
Leemer liked this.
Apr. 29, 2020 at 2:47 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
Quoting: jassan28
Wow, that's interesting. I don't see Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Drysdale, Lundell, Perfetti, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz falling out of top 10 in the draft

I agree with you there - the wild have pick 11 to pick Askarov who I don’t believe is in the top 10 but Sanderson is ranked #4 in NA skaters by nhl central scouting and could creep in the top 10 - bear in mind many scouts did not see enough euros due to travel bans

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll