Hockey Writers Draft

Hockey Writers Draft

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Leemer
Published: May 13, 2020 at 11:43 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
2Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksI think Sens take Stutzle
4Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
5Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
6Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
7Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
8Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
9Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-I think the Wild or Jersey takes Askarov
10Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona Coyotes
11Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Pretty big gamble with their first pick- I believe he falls to the Rangers 2nd pick
12Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-The Hockey writers have the Jets picking here
13Logo of the Nashville Predators-The Hockey writers have the Rangers picking here
14Logo of the Florida Panthers-
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-The Hockey writers have Columbus picking here - I think Sanderson goes earlier
16Logo of the New York Rangers-The Hockey writers have the Flames picking here
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-The Hockey writers have New Jersey picking here
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersThe Hockey writers have Nashville picking here-how does Zary fall this far
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-The Hockey writers have Hurricanes picking here
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsThe Hockey writers have Oilers picking here
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesThe Hockey writers have Sens picking here
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-The Hockey writers have the Rangers picking here - I think Poirier is better
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins5 ft, 165bs - I don't think he's in the first round. John-Jason Peterka is better.
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-This is a bit of a reach IMO
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Fits the blues mold but how is Kaiden Guhle overlooked
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsAnother reach IMO
May 14, 2020 at 11:49 a.m.
I don't like Lundell but I'd be ecstatic if NJ came away with Raymond and Jarvis
King_Dev liked this.
May 15, 2020 at 5:35 p.m.
I also have no idea how Sanderson drops to 15. He's far too talented to be passed by guys like dylan holloway, amirov or noel gunler. Would love to hear the opinion on this.
May 15, 2020 at 10:13 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
Quoting: King_Dev
I also have no idea how Sanderson drops to 15. He's far too talented to be passed by guys like dylan holloway, amirov or noel gunler. Would love to hear the opinion on this.

Personally I think Sanderson is overrated but agree with you that he may not fall this far (someone will reach). The USA development program this year is nowhere as strong as last year. Who did they really play in top competition? Despite being one of the younger players I think there are better players especially Holloway who will be a sophomore in college vs Sanderson freshman at u of n Dakota
May 19, 2020 at 1:28 p.m.
Quoting: Leemer
Personally I think Sanderson is overrated but agree with you that he may not fall this far (someone will reach). The USA development program this year is nowhere as strong as last year. Who did they really play in top competition? Despite being one of the younger players I think there are better players especially Holloway who will be a sophomore in college vs Sanderson freshman at u of n Dakota

That North Dakota team was unreal this year and should be next year too with guys like shane pinto as well. I think he should be able to grow into a top 2 dman on most teams, The only thing holding him back is his weight, but at 6foot 2, he will be able to dominate with his skating and playmaking ability.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll