Forums/Mock-Draft

1st rd goalies arent worth it

1st rd goalies arent worth it

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: chaserice
Published: Sep. 22, 2020 at 10:17 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Rangers-duh
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-I would choose byfield if i was lak but im not so
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose Sharksstutzle or byfield whoever is available
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-detroit makes huge mistake
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-the have no defensemen other than chabot
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-best player available
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-best player available
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-winger who can score and help eichel
9Logo of the Minnesota Wild-can be good center for them and he is a safer pick imo
10Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-its their biggest weakness
11Logo of the Nashville Predators-Buttn has him at 10 and i think the pure goal scorer is going to drop again like last year except not as many picks
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-someone trades up bc they think carolina will draft him
13Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafswould actually be good for carolina but there are a lot of IFs to get him
14Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-I'm going to assume oilers traded for askarov and that this is the panthers pick
15Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguinscapfriendly has him as the highest RD
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-winger
17Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Dach's future sidekick
18Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona Coyotes
19Logo of the Calgary Flames-
20Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
21Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
22Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
23Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
24Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
25Logo of the Washington Capitals-
26Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
27Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
28Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islanders
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
30Logo of the Dallas Stars-
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
Sep. 22, 2020 at 10:48 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Wouldn't say Brannstrom Bernard-Docker and Thomson is no D other than Chabot but hey that's just me
Sep. 22, 2020 at 11:05 p.m.
CGY
So MTL should have taken Brule instead of Price? PIT should have taken Horton instead of Fleury?
Sep. 23, 2020 at 1:33 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
I dont know Askarov rn is on a 0.74gaa and has a 0.974sv in 3 KHL games. 1st round goalies are rare so its good to take risks with them
Sep. 23, 2020 at 1:11 p.m.
Edited Sep. 23, 2020 at 1:22 p.m.
Quoting: ItWasIn
So MTL should have taken Brule instead of Price? PIT should have taken Horton instead of Fleury?

no I'm saying that goalies aren't worth taking in the first round, the odds of them being a consistently good goalie aren't worth sacrificing a top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman when goalies are taken ijn late rounds and are the same talent

Price was taken 5th and Quick was taken 72nd. Also I'm not saying they should've taken Brule but in this draft when there are so many good prospects it would be a shame to pick him and the next pick was a star and then goalies from later rounds are just as good as him
Sep. 23, 2020 at 1:17 p.m.
Quoting: TheGHANDI90
Wouldn't say Brannstrom Bernard-Docker and Thomson is no D other than Chabot but hey that's just me

yeah, all those defenseman are 2nd pair defenders except maybe Brannstrom is top pair but its not looking like it. Take Drysdale and the defense will be a good one and the offense already looks like it will be good with prospects and now the 3rd
Sep. 23, 2020 at 1:27 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: chaserice
yeah, all those defenseman are 2nd pair defenders except maybe Brannstrom is top pair but its not looking like it. Take Drysdale and the defense will be a good one and the offense already looks like it will be good with prospects and now the 3rd

I think you're heavily overvaluing Drysdale. He's no Ellis he'll prob be a top 2-3 D max.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll