Forums/Armchair-GM

Dubas trying to trade Andersen for Hamilton

Created by: TheLeafsSeason
Team: 2020-21 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 3, 2020
Published: Oct. 3, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
David Pagnotta: From @NHL_AaronWard on the Freddie Andersen talk between Leafs/Canes: Leafs wanted Dougie Hamilton, and that was a non-starter.
Trades
CAR
  1. Andersen, Frederik
  2. Dermott, Travis [RFA Rights]
  3. 2020 1st round pick (PIT)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
14$81,500,000$68,821,450$0$0$12,678,550
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 4
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 5
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 3
$821,667$821,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 4, 2020 at 2:08 p.m.
Quoting: I4evrblue
Show me where I said I saw anything?
I'm curious

ah yes, looks like i misinterpreted what you said. When i said "you should see his defensive stats" after you asserted that i only looked at his offensive stats you said "you weren't joking, you really think he's one of the best defenders" or whatever paraphrased. I gave you too much credit into thinking you'd just looked up the stats and were dismissing them. I mean, you clearly showed the capacity to look up stats and see his offensive numbers, why would i assume you could use google and find the defensive ones too?
Anyway's, here ya go! his defensive stats https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/h/hamildo01-advanced-ev.html
you'll not only notice how good they are, but you can see that he's a driver of them since his relative stats show he is consistantly better than the players he plays with, even on Carolina.
Oh, and his GAR, which isnt listed here is also very very good, he was 12th in the league, and his GAR/60 had him 6th
Oct. 4, 2020 at 2:12 p.m.
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
ah yes, looks like i misinterpreted what you said. When i said "you should see his defensive stats" after you asserted that i only looked at his offensive stats you said "you weren't joking, you really think he's one of the best defenders" or whatever paraphrased. I gave you too much credit into thinking you'd just looked up the stats and were dismissing them. I mean, you clearly showed the capacity to look up stats and see his offensive numbers, why would i assume you could use google and find the defensive ones too?
Anyway's, here ya go! his defensive stats https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/h/hamildo01-advanced-ev.html
you'll not only notice how good they are, but you can see that he's a driver of them since his relative stats show he is consistantly better than the players he plays with, even on Carolina.
Oh, and his GAR, which isnt listed here is also very very good, he was 12th in the league, and his GAR/60 had him 6th

YOU!?!?! MISINTERPRET WHAT I SAID!?!? NEVER!!!
I'm SHOCKED!!
Now, if you can't read then how can I trust your eye test of your evaluation of stats? lol
Oct. 4, 2020 at 2:15 p.m.
YOU!?!?! MISINTERPRET WHAT I SAID!?!? NEVER!!!
I'm SHOCKED!!
Now, if you can't read then how can I trust your eye test of your evaluation of stats? lol

yeah, it's almost like you not saying anything of substance can be less than clear to sift through! But there ya go, his stats. I'd love to hear your interpretation of them since clearly you are so very interested and actually care about them.
Oct. 4, 2020 at 2:17 p.m.
yeah, it's almost like you not saying anything of substance can be less than clear to sift through! But there ya go, his stats. I'd love to hear your interpretation of them since clearly you are so very interested and actually care about them.

Again, the guy that says he stands by the stats won't post them
Not that I'd trust your misinterpretation of them lol
Oct. 4, 2020 at 2:20 p.m.
Again, the guy that says he stands by the stats won't post them
Not that I'd trust your misinterpretation of them lol

i just gave you all the numbers dude, you can read em pretty good by clicking the link, or you know, the ones i actually typed in there. there really isnt much for me to misinterpret with "12th best defender in the league by this one and 6th by this other one".
but again, you dont really care about the stats. There could literally be a universal one that said "dougie hamilton is the undisputed best defender in the league" and you'd be all "nuh uh! I watched him play some games one time!"
Oct. 4, 2020 at 2:30 p.m.
i just gave you all the numbers dude, you can read em pretty good by clicking the link, or you know, the ones i actually typed in there. there really isnt much for me to misinterpret with "12th best defender in the league by this one and 6th by this other one".
but again, you dont really care about the stats. There could literally be a universal one that said "dougie hamilton is the undisputed best defender in the league" and you'd be all "nuh uh! I watched him play some games one time!"

Again, the same stats that have been used to prop up other poor defenders.
Well done Jared, well done lol
Oct. 4, 2020 at 2:41 p.m.
Again, the same stats that have been used to prop up other poor defenders.
Well done Jared, well done lol

wow, it's almost like the stats never mattered to you at all and me posting them was a waste of time from the start, amazing!
but there you go again, the stats are bad and your eye test is king! just like everyone elses eye test
Oct. 4, 2020 at 2:49 p.m.
wow, it's almost like the stats never mattered to you at all and me posting them was a waste of time from the start, amazing!
but there you go again, the stats are bad and your eye test is king! just like everyone elses eye test

Never said stats don't matter
There goes your misinterpretation and word twisting again.
I said they're the same stats that have been used to prop up other poor defenders. Show me something with substance, change my mind, I'm here to learn, not to win
Oct. 4, 2020 at 2:56 p.m.
Never said stats don't matter
There goes your misinterpretation and word twisting again.
I said they're the same stats that have been used to prop up other poor defenders. Show me something with substance, change my mind, I'm here to learn, not to win

you'd be surprised to find i dont for one second believe that you are hear to learn when you have all the info in front of you and just want people to spoon feed it to you so you can shrug it off as "the stats used to prop up bad defenders!"
You have the internet, go use it. I've even given you a head start with that webpage, burried all the way down there as the first result in google for "dougie hamilton advanced stats".
If you had the remotest interest in having your mind changed you'd have expressed it instead of the spongebob meme'ing three pages ago.
Oct. 4, 2020 at 3:03 p.m.
you'd be surprised to find i dont for one second believe that you are hear to learn when you have all the info in front of you and just want people to spoon feed it to you so you can shrug it off as "the stats used to prop up bad defenders!"
You have the internet, go use it. I've even given you a head start with that webpage, burried all the way down there as the first result in google for "dougie hamilton advanced stats".
If you had the remotest interest in having your mind changed you'd have expressed it instead of the spongebob meme'ing three pages ago.

I didn't post a meme
I'm open to learning
I was hoping for more than the stats you posted, gotta be honest, they're flawed and everybody knows it
Oct. 4, 2020 at 3:07 p.m.
I didn't post a meme
I'm open to learning
I was hoping for more than the stats you posted, gotta be honest, they're flawed and everybody knows it

wHeN yOu TyPe LiKe ThIs ItS a MeMe
and if you are open to learning, go learn. Im bored enough to banter, not enough to be a teacher.
Are the stats perfect? no, but they are literally the best thing we have available to us and pretending there is something different or better out there to be presented is just silly. So, unless you wanna go off Norris votes by people like Steve Simmonds, you arn't going to get a better picture other than the combination of those stats, his old school counting stats and yes, a visual of his play. But that means other people too. Not just you!
So, what do we have at the end of the day, you've got two sets of stats showing that he is very very very good and a bunch of people saying that he is that good and then you have your own personal game watching package. You wanna dig deeper, it's all there.
Oct. 4, 2020 at 3:14 p.m.
wHeN yOu TyPe LiKe ThIs ItS a MeMe
and if you are open to learning, go learn. Im bored enough to banter, not enough to be a teacher.
Are the stats perfect? no, but they are literally the best thing we have available to us and pretending there is something different or better out there to be presented is just silly. So, unless you wanna go off Norris votes by people like Steve Simmonds, you arn't going to get a better picture other than the combination of those stats, his old school counting stats and yes, a visual of his play. But that means other people too. Not just you!
So, what do we have at the end of the day, you've got two sets of stats showing that he is very very very good and a bunch of people saying that he is that good and then you have your own personal game watching package. You wanna dig deeper, it's all there.

again, I don't have to read the entire thing
First, no, thats not a meme
Second, the stats aren't perfect, I'm glad you agree. Where you're wrong is assuming that it's "the best thing we have"
No, it's not the best thing we have. The best thing we have is watching a ton of hockey and forming an opinion.
That's what I've done, whereas you cling to corsi
It's sad
Oct. 4, 2020 at 3:22 p.m.
again, I don't have to read the entire thing
First, no, thats not a meme
Second, the stats aren't perfect, I'm glad you agree. Where you're wrong is assuming that it's "the best thing we have"
No, it's not the best thing we have. The best thing we have is watching a ton of hockey and forming an opinion.
That's what I've done, whereas you cling to corsi
It's sad

oh good now we're debating what a meme is, im gonna pass on that bit
and you keep skipping over and not acknowledging one small thing. Other people watch a ton of hockey and form opinions. I know this is going to shock you, since you admitted to not reading the entire comments a few times, but, GASP! i am one of those people! I have formed the opinion that dougie is indeed a top NHL defender with that information and have formed the opinion with said information! GASP, then the opinion is bolstered by the statistical evidence! DOUBLE GASP!
so, now we have stats matching the hockey watching opinion and that seems to be a little more than clinging to corsi.
What's sad is limiting your ability to understand the game to your own memory entirely
Oct. 4, 2020 at 3:46 p.m.
oh good now we're debating what a meme is, im gonna pass on that bit
and you keep skipping over and not acknowledging one small thing. Other people watch a ton of hockey and form opinions. I know this is going to shock you, since you admitted to not reading the entire comments a few times, but, GASP! i am one of those people! I have formed the opinion that dougie is indeed a top NHL defender with that information and have formed the opinion with said information! GASP, then the opinion is bolstered by the statistical evidence! DOUBLE GASP!
so, now we have stats matching the hockey watching opinion and that seems to be a little more than clinging to corsi.
What's sad is limiting your ability to understand the game to your own memory entirely

Its only sad if you have a terrible memory
I'd understand the obsession with those stats if they have ever come in handy but they haven't, as you say, they aren't perfect
So now I just have your misinterpreted eye test and inability to comprehend what you see.
We're back to the start. Want to continue? I'll be here all week
Oct. 4, 2020 at 3:55 p.m.
Its only sad if you have a terrible memory
I'd understand the obsession with those stats if they have ever come in handy but they haven't, as you say, they aren't perfect
So now I just have your misinterpreted eye test and inability to comprehend what you see.
We're back to the start. Want to continue? I'll be here all week

yep, back at the start where your mystical eye test is flawless and everyone elses is wrong and misremembered. But sure, you're hear to learn!
Oct. 4, 2020 at 9:15 p.m.
yep, back at the start where your mystical eye test is flawless and everyone elses is wrong and misremembered. But sure, you're hear to learn!

Always willing to listen smile

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll