SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

We need more energy!

Oct. 14, 2016 at 8:35 a.m.
leafs1967again
Wayyyy too much from EDM.

NSH says no. Ekholm has a very good contract for them.
Oct. 14, 2016 at 11:03 a.m.
Very interesting and something new
Oct. 14, 2016 at 11:49 a.m.
I just feel Winnipeg is winning this deal. Edmonton is coming out good and Nashville is getting gypped.
Mr_cap liked this.
Oct. 14, 2016 at 12:41 p.m.
TrueNorth
I like the concept. The major pieces outlined here are good fits for each team. If draft picks or prospects need to be blended in to balance the end results, so be it. From the Jets perspective, I would value Trouba above Eckholm and Little and RNH are a wash. Little is a more complete player today but RNH would develop nicely with Ehlers, Connor, Laine and Scheifele.
Oct. 14, 2016 at 4:53 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
I just feel Winnipeg is winning this deal. Edmonton is coming out good and Nashville is getting gypped.

Please explain how nashville is losing... Little (so underrated 2 way top 6 center), Davidson cheap can play in your top 4 and a 1-2 round pick? For a good top 4 dman and a good bottom 6 forward. Thats good value. All teams improve their weaknesses. Its a cool idea.
Oct. 14, 2016 at 8:00 p.m.
NBABound
F50marco is completely right on the money. RNH and Ekholm (probably the most underrated D in the league) is a complete steal. Edmonton is getting Trouba and Wilson which is still really good but doesn't compare to Winnipeg's end of the deal. And yeah sure Nashville might be getting good players, but compared to what the Jets and Preds are getting, it's not even close to fair value.
Oct. 14, 2016 at 10:36 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_cap
F50marco is completely right on the money. RNH and Ekholm (probably the most underrated D in the league) is a complete steal. Edmonton is getting Trouba and Wilson which is still really good but doesn't compare to Winnipeg's end of the deal. And yeah sure Nashville might be getting good players, but compared to what the Jets and Preds are getting, it's not even close to fair value.

Little is better than RNH. He has been a number one center for 5 years do we really think he isnt? Is he still that underratted
Oct. 14, 2016 at 10:44 p.m.
NBABound
Little may be underrated, but he is without a doubt not a #1C.
Oct. 14, 2016 at 11:27 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_cap
Little may be underrated, but he is without a doubt not a #1C.

Actually he is easily a number one center. Good on faceoffs, great penalty killer and scores very well at 5vs5. Sure he doesnt pile on pp points if he did he would score 70+ points a year. In fact his 5vs5 scoring rate was the same as malkin last year.
Oct. 15, 2016 at 12:20 a.m.
NBABound
I mean when you play alongside Ladd and Wheeler, you should put up a lot of points. And as for Malkin he was mainly playing with Kunitz and Rust. Pretty big difference there.

BTW, no, Little is not a no.1C.
Oct. 15, 2016 at 11:56 a.m.
Quoting: JuniorGM
Quoting: F50marco

Please explain how nashville is losing... Little (so underrated 2 way top 6 center), Davidson cheap can play in your top 4 and a 1-2 round pick? For a good top 4 dman and a good bottom 6 forward. Thats good value. All teams improve their weaknesses. Its a cool idea.

First off, the trade was modified after i posted my comment. It was only Little and Davidson at first.

So just going off of what was first mentioned.

Winnipeg receives arguably the best dman or at least a very close second best. The best center or at the very least very close second best.

Edmonton gets arguably the best dman or at least a very close second best. Also a decent top 6-9 player.

Nashville gets best center or at the very least very close second best. Also a decent barely top 4 dman.

Hmmmmmm if I'm choosing here I think Winnipeg is running away with this deal like effing hyenas. Little is a smallish second line center whose 28 with only 2 years left on his contract and also has been injured a lot lately. Davidson is a decent player but he's barely a top 4 dman IN EDMONTON.

Now if we change the deal as Ultraman has done here, its starting to make more sense now. Nashville receiving a 1st rounder makes this deal more palatable. The thing is something still feels wrong in all this, so lets break it down.

Trouba , RNH and Ekholm are essentially even at this point. Give or take a little bit either way to make it work.

But the rest is where it feels off

Little and a conditional 1st rounder, Davidson and Wilson/Jarnkrok. Who out of this group seems out of place? In my opinion its Davidson, Jarnkrok and the 1st rounder. Little is the best piece in the rest of this deal. Then its Wilson/ 1st rounder, then its Davidson and Jarnkrok. WPG is giving to much while EDM not enough.

So lets do exactly what is trying to be done here without all the other added filler:

Winnipeg gives: Trouba
Edmonton gives: RNH
Nashville gives: Ekholm

Edmonton receives: Trouba
Winnipeg receives: Ekholm
Nashville receives: RNH

Boom. Everyone gets what they want while giving up something they already have a lot of.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll