Logo of the EDM
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$73,000,000$58,498,248$322,083$9,700,000$14,501,752
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 2
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RW
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RW
UFA - 3
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
UFA - 7
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 5
$4,166,666$4,166,666
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,100,000$3,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,425,000$1,425,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 26, 2016 at 1:22 p.m.
Not a bad return for a consistent 20-30 goal guy.

Would probably only be moved for a defender though.
Nov. 26, 2016 at 4:13 p.m.
Quoting: Alex_Hancock
Not a bad return for a consistent 20-30 goal guy.

Would probably only be moved for a defender though.

Oilers d is not stellar nor is it horrible that's WY I'd consider moving Eberle for some one who could be a better finisher for connor. If McDs line mates could finish more chances who knows where he'd be in scoring. All the wingers playing with mcd have received gift after gift but don't put it in.
Nov. 26, 2016 at 6:57 p.m.
Llinder2016
i understand what you are saying but i think if they trade eberle they want a defenseman back
Nov. 26, 2016 at 7:36 p.m.
NBABound
lol Eberle for Craig Smith? I know that Smith is pretty good but for Eberle? No. Plus why would Edmonton want a lesser player at the same position. Not smart at all.
Nov. 26, 2016 at 8:24 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_cap
lol Eberle for Craig Smith? I know that Smith is pretty good but for Eberle? No. Plus why would Edmonton want a lesser player at the same position. Not smart at all.

Your response is laughable. How much do you actually know about Craig smith? He's not that much of a lesser player. Consistent 20 plus goal scorer playing on a second line with out the likes of a good player making center. Is a right shot with a much better two way game than Eberle. He's also bigger, has a quicker release and is a lower cap hit. Oilers still have to much of the same thing and Craig smith is the best value edmonton will get for Eberle IMHO. Would you give a top 4d for a 6 million dollar 1 dimensional winger? Probably not
Nov. 26, 2016 at 8:55 p.m.
NBABound
Quoting: Mclucic

Your response is laughable. How much do you actually know about Craig smith? He's not that much of a lesser player. Consistent 20 plus goal scorer playing on a second line with out the likes of a good player making center. Is a right shot with a much better two way game than Eberle. He's also bigger, has a quicker release and is a lower cap hit. Oilers still have to much of the same thing and Craig smith is the best value edmonton will get for Eberle IMHO. Would you give a top 4d for a 6 million dollar 1 dimensional winger? Probably not
"Your response is laughable", haha ok same goes for your trade. Consistent 20 goal scorer? Well you have that in Eberle. Who puts up more points on a consistent basis? Eberle. The one thing Smith has is he has a much better two-way game than Eberle. Edmonton wouldn't want to trade a better point getter in Eberle. If they were to trade him it would be a package for a good D-man. For Smith it would be a Nuge type deal, someone that is similar (200ft game). They don't have the same style of play but it would benefit both teams. This trade would have to get done with Ribeiro gone though.
Nov. 26, 2016 at 8:58 p.m.
NBABound
BTW Smith would indeed fit very well in Edmonton, just not for Eberle.
Nov. 26, 2016 at 9:16 p.m.

Better point getter yes. But if you score one goal and give up two you still lose. Eberle is soft on the puck and the oilers overall team game can't support his sloppy d play. He's let up on his assignments and in a lot of cases ended up being momentum breaking plays. Eberle must go. He's had 6 seasons to learn how to play defense with 0 effect.
Nov. 26, 2016 at 9:21 p.m.
NBABound

Better point getter yes. But if you score one goal and give up two you still lose. Eberle is soft on the puck and the oilers overall team game can't support his sloppy d play. He's let up on his assignments and in a lot of cases ended up being momentum breaking plays. Eberle must go. He's had 6 seasons to learn how to play defense with 0 effect.
Look, I'm not saying that Eberle is good at defense because he's obviously not. But Eberle for Smith wouldn't work out like I had previously stated.
Nov. 26, 2016 at 9:47 p.m.

Look, I'm not saying that Eberle is good at defense because he's obviously not. But Eberle for Smith wouldn't work out like I had previously stated.

Why would Ribeiro have to leave? Isn't he a center? And doesn't Fischer center smith's line? Fischer would benefit greatly from Eberle's play making.
Nov. 26, 2016 at 9:59 p.m.
NBABound

Why would Ribeiro have to leave? Isn't he a center? And doesn't Fischer center smith's line? Fischer would benefit greatly from Eberle's play making.
No, I gave an example of the type of trade that would benefit both teams. Nuge for Smith was the example and having Nuge would then make Riberio expendable. Fisher is the captain, and he would make the better 3rd line C.
Nov. 26, 2016 at 10:39 p.m.
Styled
I know EBS gets some hate lately... but come on this is brutal.
Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:57 a.m.
Quoting: Styled
I know EBS gets some hate lately... but come on this is brutal.

Hey look ebs just cost the Oilers at least a point tonight again. 6 million is gonna be hard to get rid of.
Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:45 a.m.
Got to agree here with Mr cap.

Smith for Eberle doesn't really do much except save a bit a cap but downgrades the talent. Smith is a decent top 6 but his defensive game isn't that stout that it makes up for the downgrade in talent.

I'm all for EDM trading him but not for Smith.

Also in regards to McLucic, if your going to look at only the "what have you done for me lately" type thinking you're going to be undersold on Eberle. How many times has Ebs got you a point instead of lost it? Probably more wins as a result. Considering they've lost a lot in recent years you'd think it would be more losing but the losses were less his fault and more the overall play of the team. Trade him all you want but plenty of teams in the NHL are clamoring for a top 6 player like Eberle. I think EDM might just need to slot him better.

Ultimately Smith is lateral move at best. Smith++ ??, then maybe a deal can work.
Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:02 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco

Smith for Eberle doesn't really do much except save a bit a cap but downgrades the talent. Smith is a decent top 6 but his defensive game isn't that stout that it makes up for the downgrade in talent.

Also in regards to McLucic, if your going to look at only the "what have you done for me lately" type thinking you're going to be undersold on Eberle. How many times has Ebs got you a point instead of lost it? Probably more wins as a result. Considering they've lost a lot in recent years you'd think it would be more losing but the losses were less his fault and more the overall play of the team. Trade him all you want but plenty of teams in the NHL are clamoring for a top 6 player like Eberle. I think EDM might just need to slot him better.

Ultimately Smith is lateral move at best. Smith++ ??, then maybe a deal can work.

Unfortunately two way play has been bad for his career how ever this year it's been far worse. The last time he was able to out produce his mistakes he had put up almost 80 points. He's not doing that again in this nhl.
I guarantee if you replace ebs with a 20 plus goal scorer with a better two way game the Oilers will win more.
Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:27 p.m.

Unfortunately two way play has been bad for his career how ever this year it's been far worse. The last time he was able to out produce his mistakes he had put up almost 80 points. He's not doing that again in this nhl.
I guarantee if you replace ebs with a 20 plus goal scorer with a better two way game the Oilers will win more.

Hey if you want to sell him short then by all means but i think you're understating his offensive game and over selling his defensive game. MTL will gladly take him off your hands! cheers
Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:13 p.m.
Edited Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:21 p.m.

Hey if you want to sell him short then by all means but i think you're understating his offensive game and over selling his defensive game. MTL will gladly take him off your hands! cheers

Who would you part with of your roster not named plekanec or dd who has put up 20 plus over the last 4 seasons or so and is Eberle's age? Not a snotty question. Just curious. I wouldn't mind palhal weighing in either as the two of you are the only ones with common sense.
To my knowledge Eberle has been on the block for quite some time with either no offers or a very poor return. That says a lot.
Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:05 p.m.

Who would you part with of your roster not named plekanec or dd who has put up 20 plus over the last 4 seasons or so and is Eberle's age? Not a snotty question. Just curious. I wouldn't mind palhal weighing in either as the two of you are the only ones with common sense.
To my knowledge Eberle has been on the block for quite some time with either no offers or a very poor return. That says a lot.

No one really. Only players of interest for Edmonton from MTL that we would part with would be Beaulieu, Pateryn, all of our prospects not named Sergachev, any of our draft picks, etc. Unfortunately MTL doesn't have the cap space so we'd have to include DD just as a cap dump because of Eberle's 6M cap hit. Then again any playoff calibre team wouldn't have the cap space either so you'd have to take on some salary back in order to make it work probably.
Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:50 p.m.

No one really. Only players of interest for Edmonton from MTL that we would part with would be Beaulieu, Pateryn, all of our prospects not named Sergachev, any of our draft picks, etc. Unfortunately MTL doesn't have the cap space so we'd have to include DD just as a cap dump because of Eberle's 6M cap hit. Then again any playoff calibre team wouldn't have the cap space either so you'd have to take on some salary back in order to make it work probably.

Predators do.
Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:37 p.m.
NBABound

Common sense, eh?
Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:52 p.m.
Edited Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:41 p.m.

Common sense, eh?

Common sense says in any sport you continually blow coverage the more games you lose. Eberle's game losing mistakes greatly out way the number of game winning goals. number of plays that die on his stick because he wants to be pretty and the number of passes and toe drags that have been picked just to find momentum being killed off or the puck in the back of the Oiler's net. Eberle is a loser with good offence.
Sorry it's the sad truth and the 6 million dollar cap is now dead weight that no gm in the league will touch for fair value.
Grab a team need and walk away from his contract. The Oilers will never even make the playoffs with him in the line up. To my account he's cost us points by being on the ice.

Many memorable goals yes but way more back breaking give aways and blown assignments.

How much oilers do either of you watch? I haven't missed a single game in 30 years. I've literally every game Eberle has played in the NHL he hasn't improved defensively in 5 and a half nhl seasons. He's incapable of learning defense and playing in tight checking games. Defensive minded teams have learned to target his floating.
Nov. 29, 2016 at 1:02 a.m.
Styled
Disagree with you totally on EBS being as big of a factor to losing as you state.. however did some digging on SMITH.. man is a huge under rated beast lets get em!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll