SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Philadelphia Flyers

I am at a lose of words

Mar. 25, 2021 at 8:24 p.m.
I really don't know what the fix is for this team. there was some dark times (Hakstol Era) for this team but this is the worst I have seen them play in my lifetime. Everything that could go wrong has for this team. This season is really a forgone conclusion at this point so I'm wondering how to fix this moving forward.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 8:27 p.m.
It’s just their trend. They only make Playoffs every other year. Make it, miss it, make it, miss it.. next season they’ll be back
Jun. 2, 2021 at 1:42 p.m.
1967 Forever
The Flyers arent winning a Cup with this core,its just not talented enough and are aging and slowing down. The Flyers need to rebuild and sell off the core for 1st round picks and build a fast talented core through the draft . Yes it will take 4 or 5 years but its the only way given the flat cap . Keep Farabee,Provorov, Coots,Lindblom,Sanheim,Myers,York,Hart and trade as many of the rest as you can for high draft picks as you can and rebuild . Hopefully get lucky and draft Shane Wright in his draft year. But they have to take a big step back for a couple of years to do it. Lets face it Giroux and Voracek are past their primes now.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 10:20 p.m.
Quoting: Leafsstink
The Flyers arent winning a Cup with this core,its just not talented enough and are aging and slowing down. The Flyers need to rebuild and sell off the core for 1st round picks and build a fast talented core through the draft . Yes it will take 4 or 5 years but its the only way given the flat cap . Keep Farabee,Provorov, Coots,Lindblom,Sanheim,Myers,York,Hart and trade as many of the rest as you can for high draft picks as you can and rebuild . Hopefully get lucky and draft Shane Wright in his draft year. But they have to take a big step back for a couple of years to do it. Lets face it Giroux and Voracek are past their primes now.

Looks like you were right on with this. If they had listened to you, they wouldn’t have wasted two high draft picks on a 1-year rental, they wouldn’t have traded two young players for a 30-year-old defenseman who’s still good (when he’s not hurt) but had 6 seasons left on his contract, and they’d have had a one-year head start on the rebuild that seems inevitable now.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 12:59 p.m.
Quoting: jr400
Looks like you were right on with this. If they had listened to you, they wouldn’t have wasted two high draft picks on a 1-year rental, they wouldn’t have traded two young players for a 30-year-old defenseman who’s still good (when he’s not hurt) but had 6 seasons left on his contract, and they’d have had a one-year head start on the rebuild that seems inevitable now.

I agree. Hated the trade when they made, and obviously I don't like it now. Everyone was hype about these two d men, but it was wasted because the rest of the team is weak. I feel like there's a lot that needs to be worked on, but it especially hurts when the gm made power moves thinking this team was good enough for a playoff run. They haven't had an official rebuild in YEARS

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll