Description
Enough?

Not enough?

Over payment?
Trades
EDM
  1. Skinner, Jeff
Additional Details:
I thought of doing this one for one trade and they both have almost identical contracts. Two years apart in age which really isn't that big of a deal. And somewhat change of sceneries for both players.

I think Skinner playing with McD will be a perfect match because they both like to play with speed. Whereas Eberle likes to slow it down a bit. So I think him playing with Staal will help him there and help him in the D-zone.

Though I do think Skinner has more value in him than Ebs.
CAR
  1. Eberle, Jordan
  2. 2017 4th round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Stempniak, Lee
Additional Details:
Oilers get a rental for the playoffs that has a high goal scoring upside. I know he has two years left but they are one of the few playoff bound teams that can fit him in/afford him, plus his contract is pretty good for his role.
CAR
  1. Pakarinen, Iiro
  2. 2018 2nd round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
Canes get a decent young player with some upside left and a 2nd.
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the STL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$73,000,000$60,942,915$322,083$5,750,000$12,057,085
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 2
$5,725,000$5,725,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 4
$4,166,666$4,166,666
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$1,425,000$1,425,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 5
$800,000$800,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,100,000$3,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RD
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 2, 2017 at 12:50 a.m.
Not enough for Barrie but my god I love the eberle deal
Jan. 2, 2017 at 12:56 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Dylan1995
True, what do you think would have to be added in the deal? A reminder though that Barrie is more of a PP quarterback than a top-2 Dman. Placed him in that slot just to play with McD. So the offer would be less than a player like Faulk.
Jan. 2, 2017 at 12:57 a.m.
there isnt anything even remotely close to what the Avs would be asking for in a Barrie deal.

Since it was reported during the summer Oilers were offering Reinhart, Yak, and a pick for him but the Avs wanted Draisaitl, you can see where the the value would be lying in b/w those packages of low balling and asking for the moon. That trade is still dramatically low balling.

Hes still a top 10 offensive Dman in this league (look at his point production stacked up the last 3 seasons) RHD signed long term. There is huge value in that
http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggregate=1&gameType=2&report=skatersummary&pos=D&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20142015&seasonTo=20162017&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,gamesPlayed

He has his warts on the Defensively side of the puck, however what it comes to moving the puck and producing offence, there are few as effective as him
Jan. 2, 2017 at 1:04 a.m.
Quoting: coga16
there isnt anything even remotely close to what the Avs would be asking for in a Barrie deal.

Since it was reported during the summer Oilers were offering Reinhart, Yak, and a pick for him but the Avs wanted Draisaitl, you can see where the the value would be lying in b/w those packages of low balling and asking for the moon. That trade is still dramatically low balling.

Hes still a top 10 offensive Dman in this league (look at his point production stacked up the last 3 seasons) RHD signed long term. There is huge value in that
http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggregate=1&gameType=2&report=skatersummary&pos=D&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20142015&seasonTo=20162017&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,gamesPlayed

He has his warts on the Defensively side of the puck, however what it comes to moving the puck and producing offence, there are few as effective as him

Exactly Barrie is tremendous offensively but he lacks defence. I think I'd go all out and since they want to rebuild I'd give them nuge and a second round pick with mark fayne
Jan. 2, 2017 at 1:07 a.m.
And I can also maybe add another prospect to get grigeranko
Jan. 2, 2017 at 1:11 a.m.

Exactly Barrie is tremendous offensively but he lacks defence. I think I'd go all out and since they want to rebuild I'd give them nuge and a second round pick with mark fayne

Hes not unless defensively, but he has his challenges as a smaller Dman, and can be caught puck chasing if a bigger team is cycling down low on him. However his ability to actually skate the puck out of the defensive zone is top notch. If the fwds know what they are doing, he can get the puck out of trouble with his skating or passing.

I dont think the Avs want to rebuild or will be rebuilding. They have a decent core of players but need better guys around them. Bigras, Compher, Greer, Jost, and a top 4 pick will all be coming up soon. They dont need to tear it down but do smart trades. If they get a deal they can't refuse bc someone is over paying then I can see them taking it. Friedman mentioned it last HNIC when talking Duchene, they aren't doing any deal unless its clearly obvious that the return is a home run. More lateral no futures.

I dont think they would want anything to do with Nuge, I would assume they would want Davidson or Nurse as the main piece in a package for him if they Oilers were serious. My guess would be a 1st and Nurse to get them interested. Oilers dont like it well move onto another Dman since Avs dont have any many any moves, they have their most valuable trade pieces locked up to good contracts.
Jan. 2, 2017 at 1:14 a.m.

Hes not unless defensively, but he has his challenges as a smaller Dman, and can be caught puck chasing if a bigger team is cycling down low on him. However his ability to actually skate the puck out of the defensive zone is top notch. If the fwds know what they are doing, he can get the puck out of trouble with his skating or passing.

I dont think the Avs want to rebuild or will be rebuilding. They have a decent core of players but need better guys around them. Bigras, Compher, Greer, Jost, and a top 4 pick will all be coming up soon. They dont need to tear it down but do smart trades. If they get a deal they can refuse bc someone is over paying then I can see them taking it. Friedman mentioned it last HNIC when talking Duchene, they aren't doing any deal unless its clearly obvious that the return is a home run. More lateral no futures.

I dont think they would want anything to do with Nuge, They would want Davidson or Nurse as the main piece in a package for him if they Oilers were serious. My guess would be a 1st and Nurse to get them interested. Oilers dont like it well move onto another Dman since Avs dont have any many any moves, they have their most valuable trade pieces locked up to good contracts.

That's true also. I wonder if we could target Justin Faulk since Carolina has a decent amount of d men.
Jan. 2, 2017 at 1:16 a.m.

I dont think the Avs want to rebuild or will be rebuilding. They have a decent core of players but need better guys around them. Bigras, Compher, Greer, Jost, and a top 4 pick will all be coming up soon. They dont need to tear it down but do smart trades. If they get a deal they can refuse bc someone is over paying then I can see them taking it. Friedman mentioned it last HNIC when talking Duchene, they aren't doing any deal unless its clearly obvious that the return is a home run. More lateral no futures.

I dont think they would want anything to do with Nuge, They would want Davidson or Nurse as the main piece in a package for him if they Oilers were serious. My guess would be a 1st and Nurse to get them interested. Oilers dont like it well move onto another Dman since Avs dont have any many any moves, they have their most valuable trade pieces locked up to good contracts.

That's true also. I wonder if we could target Justin Faulk since Carolina has a decent amount of d men.

Carolina is the one team that could afford to move an NHL Dman. They have some real solid ones already on the roster, and then have guys like Jake Bean and Haydn Fleury in their pipeline.
Jan. 2, 2017 at 1:18 a.m.

Carolina is the one team that could afford to move an NHL Dman. They have some real solid ones already on the roster, and then have guys like Jake Bean and Haydn Fleury in their pipeline.

I wonder if they would take eberle with 2,000,000 retained an a second for Faulk or you think that's to much ?
Jan. 2, 2017 at 1:40 a.m.
Banned

Ok true that they might be asking for a better main piece, I did say that he is an amazing PP quarterback and drives the play in the offensive end but yeah in the D zone and net front is where his game is shaky.
Jan. 2, 2017 at 2:01 a.m.
Banned
@coga16: Davidson is not a main piece in any package whatsoever. I think maybe Klefbom would get moved rather than Nurse.

@Dylan: Faulk would be more expensive to acquire.
Jan. 2, 2017 at 2:07 a.m.
Chicago
Barrie would be perfect for the Oilers transition game. He would allow the oilers to have two solid D pairings for playoffs as well.
Jan. 2, 2017 at 2:54 a.m.
Banned

Of course you love the Eberle deal because it's a completely unreasonable trade. Why would Carolina even consider that deal?
Jan. 2, 2017 at 10:13 a.m.
Quoting: TheOtherOne
@coga16: Davidson is not a main piece in any package whatsoever. I think maybe Klefbom would get moved rather than Nurse.

All im saying is Barrie has value and Avs arent moving a guy who is locked up for 3 more seasons to take lesser Dmen back and get worse. Teams really have to come to the table with cant refuse over paying proposals. Thats the only way I see him being moved
Jan. 2, 2017 at 12:24 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: TheOtherOne

All im saying is Barrie has value and Avs arent moving a guy who is locked up for 3 more seasons to take lesser Dmen back and get worse. Teams really have to come to the table with cant refuse over paying proposals. Thats the only way I see him being moved
True true
Jan. 2, 2017 at 12:29 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: SickFlow

Of course you love the Eberle deal because it's a completely unreasonable trade. Why would Carolina even consider that deal?
Yeah I don't care about them.

Jk, haha, I thought of doing that trade because of "change of scenarios", and because Ebs would fit the Canes style of play and vice versa. Yeah there really might not be any reason to do that trade other than what I mentioned from the Canes perspective.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll