Forums/Mock-Draft

round 1 mock (What I think Will Happen)

round 1 mock (What I think Will Happen)

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: JSteff5656
Published: May 17, 2021 at 1:32 a.m.
May 17, 2021 at 1:34 a.m.
Sabres fan
If he’s still there Buffalo is likely taking Beniers.
May 17, 2021 at 1:39 a.m.
Banned
After Vancouver's OT loss Vancouver can no longer get the 5th pick, They're locked in either 9th or 10th if they win out. What part of that don't people understand?
aedoran liked this.
May 17, 2021 at 11:07 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
After Vancouver's OT loss Vancouver can no longer get the 5th pick, They're locked in either 9th or 10th if they win out. What part of that don't people understand?

This site has Vancouver at the 5th spot. It hasn't updated yet
May 17, 2021 at 1:28 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Devil1122

Okay Tankathon has it updated, I keep forgetting about the other sites.
Devil liked this.
May 17, 2021 at 3:08 p.m.

Actually they are in 7th after adding Seattle and with 0 points in their last 2 games that is where they will pick but they can fall to the 10th. Of course this is before the lottery. I just saw a mock draft here that had the lottery choosing the top 3 pick when it is actually only 2 spots. These are things I feel people creating mock drafts should know before they post their mock draft.
May 17, 2021 at 3:12 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: aedoran
Actually they are in 7th after adding Seattle and with 0 points in their last 2 games that is where they will pick but they can fall to the 10th. Of course this is before the lottery. I just saw a mock draft here that had the lottery choosing the top 3 pick when it is actually only 2 spots. These are things I feel people creating mock drafts should know before they post their mock draft.

I'm basing it on Tankathon that currently has them in the 9th spot, 8th without Seattle added to the mix. But whatever some of these guys just want Hughes taken by Vancouver and unless they get #1 or #2 that's just not going to happen.
aedoran liked this.
May 17, 2021 at 3:19 p.m.

That is a valid point and it is kind of confusing starting the playoffs with regular season being played. Calgary and Vancouver have 2 games left one tomorrow at 4pm and Wednesday at 3:30.

After adding Seattle:

Vancouver will pick somewhere between 7th and 10th

Calgary will pick somewhere between 11th and 13th
May 17, 2021 at 4:13 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
That is a valid point and it is kind of confusing starting the playoffs with regular season being played. Calgary and Vancouver have 2 games left one tomorrow at 4pm and Wednesday at 3:30.

After adding Seattle:

Vancouver will pick somewhere between 7th and 10th

Calgary will pick somewhere between 11th and 13th

Yeah im still a bit confused about the draft lottery with the new rules and games still having to be played. Hopefully it gets cleared up soon
aedoran liked this.
May 17, 2021 at 4:35 p.m.
I'm basing it on Tankathon that currently has them in the 9th spot, 8th without Seattle added to the mix. But whatever some of these guys just want Hughes taken by Vancouver and unless they get #1 or #2 that's just not going to happen.

Ok but they use the points percentage and since every one will have played the same amount of games teams with the same amount of points will have the exact same points percentage. Yes Vancouver on talkathon is sitting in the 9th spot but if they get no points in their last 2 games they finish with 48 points a point less than LA and SJS. They don't even let sort by points on talkathon and with how long they take to update I don't why people even use the site. I'm guessing it's the random number generator that will give you a lottery result. CapFriendly could add something similar with minimal effort. My guess why they don't is because of the idiots who would complain that the real lottery was different than what they saw on the site. I added a link to the standings on NHL.com and at the bottom it lists the tie breaking procedures.

NHL.com Standings
May 17, 2021 at 4:54 p.m.
Yeah im still a bit confused about the draft lottery with the new rules and games still having to be played. Hopefully it gets cleared up soon

Well it's going to change next year anyways . But this year the 1st and 2nd pick will be decided by the lottery so Buffalo as the worst team can not pick any worse than 3rd. You also have to remember after the standings are final Seattle gets inserted into the 3rd spot. So NJ will have the 4th pick in in rounds 2 - 7. In the 1st round they will pick somewhere between 1st and 6th but not 3rd. The post above I added a link to the standings from NHL.com and at the bottom is a list of tie breaking procedures. I hope that helps.
Devil liked this.
May 17, 2021 at 7:41 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Well it's going to change next year anyways . But this year the 1st and 2nd pick will be decided by the lottery so Buffalo as the worst team can not pick any worse than 3rd. You also have to remember after the standings are final Seattle gets inserted into the 3rd spot. So NJ will have the 4th pick in in rounds 2 - 7. In the 1st round they will pick somewhere between 1st and 6th but not 3rd. The post above I added a link to the standings from NHL.com and at the bottom is a list of tie breaking procedures. I hope that helps.

That helped a lot, thank you! And do know what will happen to Arizona since their pick was forfeited?
aedoran liked this.
May 17, 2021 at 7:50 p.m.
That helped a lot, thank you! And do know what will happen to Arizona since their pick was forfeited?

They conducted physical tests on 2020 draft eligible prospects before the combine which isn't allowed in the NHL.
Devil liked this.
May 25, 2021 at 3:30 p.m.
Jonah Steffes
Im not **** everyone. I know how the draft lottery works and the order of the picks. The site did not let me change it, so I went with the order as is.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll