SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: MaltePalte
Published: Jun. 1, 2021 at 4:36 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-The number one prospect in this draft in my eyes. No matter what team selects number 1, I think Power will be the choise.
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Ducks selects the best forward in the draft. Simple. Like Beniers a lot tho.
3Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-After Cozens and Quinn the sabres goes back to select the first defender in the first round since Dahlin in 2018.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-I think the The Kraken will select best player available with this pick to start their franschise.
5Logo of the New Jersey Devils-This one is the easiest one. Devils selcts William Eklund to play with Alexander Holtz. Holtz-Hughes-Eklund would be dangerous.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Do not see Guenther fall out of top 6, Columbus picks him. Skilled forward.
7Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Red Wings history with Swedish players is not a secret. Raymond last year, Wallstedt this year. Needs a young goalie-prospect.
8Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Turcotte, Byfield, Kaliyev. It is time to pick a defender, and not a bad one either. Clarke can absolutely prove me wrong and be better than the other D-mans in front of him in this draft. Also right-handed.
9Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Canucks needs a sniper. Maybe the best one in the draft as well.
10Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Johnson got some "warning-signs" around him but so much talent and really fun to watch. Do not fall out of top 10.
11Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
12Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Hawks go with the big centerman. Goes up and down on different rankings but I think he falls out of top 10. Nice player available at the 12th pick. (11)
13Logo of the Calgary Flames-Very skilled winger but falls to 13th because of his size. Can be the steal of the draft if he falls down to this spot.
14Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-A personal favorite. Fun centerman to watch. Think the flyers are very happy with this one.
15Logo of the Dallas Stars-Stars goes with the forward. Winger with skill who can be a solid pick sooner than later.
16Logo of the New York Rangers-Rangers selects a D-man after Alexis and Kakko. A big right-handed player.
17Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Montreal selects a big goaltender in Cossa. Can absolutely be a beast in a few years for the Canadiens.
18Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Blues picks up Räty with the number 18 pick. The big faller in the draft of course but at this point he is a buy-low pick. Can be a huge steal.
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Big fan of Chayka. 11 games in the KHL this season. Again a big D-man who can shut down the opponent and play big minutes.
20Logo of the Nashville Predators-Preds goes with the smaller centerman. 5 foot 11and 196lbs. Can go top 15 but also fall out of the first round. I think he ends up around pick 20.
21Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
22Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York Islanders
23Logo of the Boston Bruins-
24Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington Capitals
25Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
26Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
27Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
28Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
29Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
30Logo of the Florida Panthers-
31Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
Jun. 1, 2021 at 10:40 a.m.
Curious what you view Johnson's warning signs as
Jun. 1, 2021 at 11:32 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Devils should take a Dman over Eklund
Jun. 1, 2021 at 8:58 p.m.
Quoting: DH28Hockey

All sizzle, no steak.
He is my guess for a 'faller' (to maybe 15-20).
MaltePalte liked this.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 3:21 a.m.

The size for sure but that is easy to fix of course. It has been some concerns about his overall game and he has seemed to act a little worried without the puck.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 3:24 a.m.
Quoting: Devil1122
Devils should take a Dman over Eklund

Probably, but the chemistry Holtz and Eklund had this year in Djurgarden in Sweden were something else. I would love to see the two youngsters in a line together in the NHL too.
Devil liked this.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 8:40 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: MaltePalte
Probably, but the chemistry Holtz and Eklund had this year in Djurgarden in Sweden were something else. I would love to see the two youngsters in a line together in the NHL too.

That's not a bad idea, but the Devils are really lacking defensive prospects
MaltePalte liked this.
Jun. 3, 2021 at 5:58 a.m.
Quoting: Devil1122
That's not a bad idea, but the Devils are really lacking defensive prospects

Yeah, Luke Hughes will probably be their man when it is time for the draft. But I will dream about the Holtz-Hughes-Eklund line a little bit longer.
Devil liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll