SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Ottawa Senators

Would you trade for Jeff skinners contract to move from 10th to 1st overall

10th and Jeff skinner for 1st
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 2, 2021 at 9:43 p.m.
I had this idea for the last few day and I think it is a good idea.
Jun. 3, 2021 at 2:18 p.m.
SHL NJD GM
That's a horrible idea, it would have to be 1st overall+Skinner and many more pieces for a 7th
Oct. 5, 2021 at 12:06 a.m.
Banned
Edited Oct. 5, 2021 at 12:21 a.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
That's a horrible idea, it would have to be 1st overall+Skinner and many more pieces for a 7th

Lol, as much negative value as Jeff Skinner commands, it's not like his production has completely dropped off, it just isn't at the level that warrants the value of his contract. He's under contract for another six years, so if I'm Buffalo, I think I run with the offer of trading 1st overall to 10th overall to unload Skinner, and I may add or subtract trade pieces depending on if Ottawa asks me to retain salary and how much. Buffalo can still get a very good player at 10th overall, but as for Ottawa, don't sleep on the change of scenery factor and what that could possibly do for Jeff Skinner. I know I'm kind of Galaxy-Braining this but why not have a little fun with it

Oh, and before I forget, after unloading Skinners contract, even if you retain 50% of his salary in the trade, Buffalo has to make sure they can stay above the salary cap floor. It may not be as easy to do as we might think considering the state that franchise has been over the past decade or so

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit