Oct. 6, 2020
Posts per Day
Forum: NHLTue. at 4:22 p.m. Forum: NHLFri. at 5:34 p.m. Forum: NHLThu. at 9:13 p.m. Forum: NHLNov. 22 at 9:20 p.m. Forum: NHLNov. 22 at 7:27 a.m. Forum: NHLNov. 21 at 5:11 p.m. Forum: NHLNov. 16 at 9:58 p.m. Forum: NHLNov. 16 at 9:52 p.m. Forum: NHLNov. 16 at 8:11 p.m. Forum: NHLNov. 16 at 8:06 p.m. <div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>Hurricanes_WPG</b></div><div>In decreasing order of sanity:
1. Use the 3-2-1 points system to reward regulation wins.
2. Remove the trapezoid. Let goaltenders play the puck anywhere in their own half. If you don't like it, don't dump the puck in!
3. Decide top 16 picks using the Gold points system, to encourage teams to always try and win, while still ensuring that the worst teams get high picks to get better.
4. 10 minute 3v3 overtime in the regular season, if there is no winner, it's a draw and both teams get one standings point. You can't make it much longer than 5 minutes without resurfacing the ice in between but I think that 10 would be fine.
5. Teams can retain salary on any number of players, so long as the total retained salary is less than 12.5% of the salary cap.
6. Allow performance bonuses in all contracts, not just 35+ and those coming off of injury. Normal rules apply and you can still get hit with cap penalties in the next year if you go over.
7. ELC maximums scale with draft position, with first overall eligible for up to 5MM/year, and the maximum for each subsequent pick being 1MM/year or 95% of the previous pick's maximum, whichever is higher. Also, ELCs can no longer apply to players 23 or older.
8. If a player is on LTIR from any point prior to the trade deadline up until the end of the regular season, they are ineligible for the first round of the playoffs.
9. Penalties in (regular season) overtime become significantly shorter but are played 3v2. Two-man advantage becomes 4v2.</div></div>
1, 2, 6, maybe 3 if implemented right seem fine
Forum: NHLNov. 15 at 10:21 p.m. Forum: NHLNov. 15 at 7:54 p.m. Forum: NHLNov. 15 at 3:27 p.m.