SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Toronto Maple Leafs signed Pontus Holmberg (2 Years / $827,500 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 7, 2021 at 7:09 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: XQOM
The leafs prospect system is top 10 (I'm a very big prospect guy, watched a lot of games when the NHL wasn't playing) (a little bias lol). One thing to remember is defensemen take much longer to join the league. Not all defensemen are Makar. Sandin is our top prospect with similar progression to Byram so far (Byram has higher upside). Amirov is a great prospect medium star potential, high nhl potential . Robertson has high upside high chance of failing (injury prone, IQ, size). Liljegren has been slowly developing in the AHL, hoping he makes the jump next year, similar development to a decent 2nd pair defensemen in his prime. But the real value in our prospect system right now is the amount of players that COULD make it. We have a lot of depth, like low chance (30-50%) players
Topi Niemela, Hallander, Abruzzese, Semyon Der-Arguchintsev, Abaramov, Kokkonen, Miettinen, Ovchinnikov, Hirvonen, Holmberg, Rindell

I don't see any of those players you mentioned at the bottom as anything more than bottom 6/bottom pairing players. There's always guys that surprise you (I like Topi's progression), but it's unlikely they ever become game changer's
Saskleaf and rollie1967 liked this.
Jun. 7, 2021 at 7:14 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I don't see any of those players you mentioned at the bottom as anything more than bottom 6/bottom pairing players. There's always guys that surprise you (I like Topi's progression), but it's unlikely they ever become game changer's

But if you put it that way, how many team have a lot of these "game changers" in their system? Not too many. At very least Toronto has a top 15 prospect pool, I'd probably rank it somewhere in the 10-15 range.
Jun. 8, 2021 at 2:02 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Saskleaf
But if you put it that way, how many team have a lot of these "game changers" in their system? Not too many. At very least Toronto has a top 15 prospect pool, I'd probably rank it somewhere in the 10-15 range.

I missed this message, sorry. I'm on mobile and it would take be ages to write about game changers, so I found a decent article that mentions untouchable prospects and game changers. It has the Leafs at 14 which I think is fair.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 8, 2021 at 3:49 p.m.
WentWughes
https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-farm-system-rankings/
Jun. 8, 2021 at 11:46 p.m.
Go leafs go
I missed this message, sorry. I'm on mobile and it would take be ages to write about game changers, so I found a decent article that mentions untouchable prospects and game changers. It has the Leafs at 14 which I think is fair.

All good. It was only one day anyway.

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-farm-system-rankings/

Seems fair.
KSIxSKULLS liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit