SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Draft Lottery Over — with explanations

Draft Lottery Over — with explanations

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: Duggysdanglers
Published: Jun. 4, 2021 at 10:48 p.m.
Description
There’s still a decent amount of talent even though this Draft lacks a top Generational Talent.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Owen Power will give Buffalo a steady presence on the blue line. It’s an easy choice here though as the 6-6, 215 lb LD is already logging 17 minutes per game with Canada at the IIHF Men’s WHC. He has size, speed, skill and agility but still has to work on his defensive game.
2Logo of the Seattle Kraken-It’s a tougher choice at #2 for Seattle. If I’m building a franchise from scratch then I’m going after elite D and build from the back end out. Edvinsson is 6-5 and 210 lbs and has size, skill, speed and agility and the elite hockey IQ to bring it altogether.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Anaheim could not score goals the last few years. Matt Beniers has sizzle to his game. He has elite skating and agility. He projects as a top line C and he makes his team mates better.
4Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Hughes brothers unite. Lil bro Luke is a possession driver and point producer. NJ needs to start adding to the back end.
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Mason McTavish was built to be a Blue Jacket. He has size, grit and scoring ability. His compete level is sky high and he just had a fantastic U18s.
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Hakken Andersson knows best. Eklund gives the Wings another scoring threat behind Larkin.
7Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Johnson oozes creativity and skill. SJ can take their time with the BPA.
8Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Brandt Clarke could easily go higher but the Kings need to pad their D after taking so many top F’s. BC has all of the tools to thrive at the NHL level.
9Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Huge steal to take Dylan Guenther here. He looks a lot like Pastrnak with his skating and playmaking.
10Logo of the Ottawa Senators-The Sens are mostly only missing a franchise G. They have depth at every position in their prospects system. They have the luxury of taking BPA regardless of position.
11Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
12Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Despite injuries his reputation as a pure sniper is still there.
13Logo of the Calgary Flames-Lysell has an abundance of raw skills and fits the wish list of the Flames.
14Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Flyers need to pad their D to turn their team around.
15Logo of the Dallas Stars-Coronato was the best player in the USHL this season. Adds speed and skill to the wings to complement their C’s.
16Logo of the New York Rangers-Rangers need C’s to go with their elite wingers.
17Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Ditto.
18Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Captained Russia to a Silver Medal at the U18s.
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Could go way higher here. Lambos has the 200 foot game that the Jets need.
20Logo of the Nashville Predators-NHL bloodlines. Performed in the USHL.
21Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Holland would have to deviate from tradition and select a G in Round One. At 6-6 and 212 lbs with amazing stats Cossa looks like he could be a franchise G.
22Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York IslandersDevils add another D. He played down the depth charts in Russia but put up points in the OHL the year before.
23Logo of the Boston Bruins-Was supposed to be the gem of this Draft but dropped after a poor showing in the Liiga. Boston can take their time with him.
24Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington CapitalsDetroit needs versatile wingers with skill and tenacity.
25Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningKekalainen has his ear to the ground in Finland. Tuomaala has impressed greatly.
26Logo of the Minnesota Wild-The Wild need more C depth and Pinelli impressed at the U18s.
27Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsSteady safe stay at home LD.
28Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Big skilled winger with a separation gear. Avs have built a large fast physical team that is geared up for deep playoff runs.
29Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsUnderrated D that has risen in the Draft.
30Logo of the Florida Panthers-Florida might look to add RD prospects with the huge loss of Ekblad this season.
31Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Canes look for game breaking skill.
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas needs to develop C’s.
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
Jun. 4, 2021 at 11:08 p.m.
I find the Ottawa senators pick at #10 of a goalie to be questionable because they have like 5 or 6 good goalie prospects. Other than that this is a very good mock draft.
Claesson4Norris liked this.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 11:14 p.m.
Ottawa hasn't got a Knight/Askarov level guy, but they are very deep with really quality goalie prospects. Gus performed great across three leagues this year, Søgaard is a behemoth and had a great season playing pro hockey for the first time, Merilainen was the best goalie in the Finnish u20 league.

Edit: I like the 2nd round picks for them. Helenius would be a real nice addition.
Duggysdanglers liked this.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 11:33 p.m.
Quoting: Ben_Trade_market
I find the Ottawa senators pick at #10 of a goalie to be questionable because they have like 5 or 6 good goalie prospects. Other than that this is a very good mock draft.

Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Ottawa hasn't got a Knight/Askarov level guy, but they are very deep with really quality goalie prospects. Gus performed great across three leagues this year, Søgaard is a behemoth and had a great season playing pro hockey for the first time, Merilainen was the best goalie in the Finnish u20 league.

Edit: I like the 2nd round picks for them. Helenius would be a real nice addition.

The Sens have oodles of talent at every position. They can risk a bit and take Wallstedt.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 11:41 p.m.
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
The Sens have oodles of talent at every position. They can risk a bit and take Wallstedt.

I don't think they need to though. Ottawa has a good group of forwards, but they still lack some high level skill. To me that's the number one target this draft.
Jun. 5, 2021 at 12:12 a.m.
I don't think they need to though. Ottawa has a good group of forwards, but they still lack some high level skill. To me that's the number one target this draft.

If not Wallstedt then I’d have them taking Chaz. Someone will go off the board in the top ten and a player will fall into their lap.
Jun. 5, 2021 at 12:37 a.m.
If not Wallstedt then I’d have them taking Chaz. Someone will go off the board in the top ten and a player will fall into their lap.

To me, Fabian Lysell would be the ideal, but Lucius would also be a wonderful target.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 5, 2021 at 1:16 a.m.
To me, Fabian Lysell would be the ideal, but Lucius would also be a wonderful target.

I’d love it if Brandt Clarke fell to them at 10 but likely will not happen.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 5, 2021 at 1:26 a.m.
I’d love it if Brandt Clarke fell to them at 10 but likely will not happen.

I'd be shocked. Would be fantastic though. Potential number 1RD and he has ties to the city.
Duggysdanglers and Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll