SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

if Hyman leaves plus who I think cj was talking bout

Team: 2021-22 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 5, 2021
Published: Jun. 5, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
on the Steve dangle podcast Chris Johnston said that the leafs may bring in a "big name big promise player that no one will see coming" he said he thinks they will make a big move.
He than said he had a player in mind who didn't play in the 2021 playoffs, who plays on an American team and has multiple years left on his contract. I instantly thought konecny might be the player, he was health scratched a couple of times this season so maybe philly has a desire to move him. I don't really know his value so I might have overpaid or underpaid.
also Barclay goodrow might get more than that, also sucks to lose Kerfoot for nothing but that's who I think seattle will select, he had 6 points in 7 playoff games this year

I think Freddy will sign a one year prove it deal, might be more or less than this idk it might be with the leafs, maybe
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$800,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,500,000
1$750,000
1$2,000,000
2$925,000
1$1,000,000
1$2,500,000
Trades
TOR
    fire him into the moon for anything
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$81,500,000$80,966,450$0$0$533,550
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 4
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $11,640,250$11,640,250
    C
    UFA - 3
    $10,903,000$10,903,000
    RW
    UFA - 4
    $925,000$925,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $6,962,366$6,962,366
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 6
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $796,667$796,667
    LW, RW
    RFA - 3
    $1,645,000$1,645,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $725,000$725,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    RW
    RFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD/RD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    $1,650,000$1,650,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $894,167$894,167
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    Taxi Squad
    $925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    LW
    UFA - 3
    $725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    G
    UFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    LW, RW
    UFA
    $825,000$825,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    C
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 2:36 p.m.
    Sabres are elite
    Konecny starts with Robertson but seeing as Philly wants D-men, I'm sure Sandin would be a better starting point
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 2:36 p.m.
    Pretty brutal offer for konecny
    Cooper2015 liked this.
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 2:37 p.m.
    lemme fix it lol
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 2:41 p.m.
    Man, I Miss Bert
    Konecny pulls in way more than that
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 2:43 p.m.
    TOR V5 GM
    I hope not, we need playoff preformers, not a bunch of a**holes who light it up in the regular season but do nothing in the playoffs
    Cooper2015 liked this.
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 2:53 p.m.
    Roster Architect
    Quoting: Skyraider112
    Konecny starts with Robertson but seeing as Philly wants D-men, I'm sure Sandin would be a better starting point

It absolutely does not "start" with either. Philadelphia is still trying to win and likely wants players to help them win now, not prospects. Robertson is completely off the table, he's an exact younger version of Konency so if that style of player was what Toronto wanted, they wouldn't give up the younger version. Sandin is also completely off the table because Toronto doesn't have many left handed defence prospects and with Rielly up after next season, Sandin is the guy long term. Philly also needs a right handed defenceman, not a lefty. They're set there with Provorov and Sanheim.

Liljegren is a good start. But I'd bet Philly wants someone a bit more proven in the deal as well. Some kind of deal around Liljegren + Holl for Konency is a good start for both teams. It's also worth noting that it's as reported long ago that Philly was interested in a Nylander for Konency swap (which Toronto turned down) and they were in on Laine so they're obviously in the market for more offence. But Konency is not the greatest play driver out there and is about a 60-70 point player. Those types of players don't get top prospects/young players like Sandin or Robertson.
    LGuy54 liked this.
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 3:48 p.m.
    Quoting: TrueCanuck
    It absolutely does not "start" with either. Philadelphia is still trying to win and likely wants players to help them win now, not prospects. Robertson is completely off the table, he's an exact younger version of Konency so if that style of player was what Toronto wanted, they wouldn't give up the younger version. Sandin is also completely off the table because Toronto doesn't have many left handed defence prospects and with Rielly up after next season, Sandin is the guy long term. Philly also needs a right handed defenceman, not a lefty. They're set there with Provorov and Sanheim.

Liljegren is a good start. But I'd bet Philly wants someone a bit more proven in the deal as well. Some kind of deal around Liljegren + Holl for Konency is a good start for both teams. It's also worth noting that it's as reported long ago that Philly was interested in a Nylander for Konency swap (which Toronto turned down) and they were in on Laine so they're obviously in the market for more offence. But Konency is not the greatest play driver out there and is about a 60-70 point player. Those types of players don't get top prospects/young players like Sandin or Robertson.

You know nylander is a 60 point player right?
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 4:09 p.m.
    Roster Architect
    Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
    You know nylander is a 60 point player right?

You know Nylander can drive his own line right? Because I also mentioned that Konency does not.
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 5:22 p.m.
    You know Nylander can drive his own line right? Because I also mentioned that Konency does not.

What line would that be
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 5:25 p.m.
    Roster Architect
    What line would that be

Guess you missed the entire series. Cause Nylander looked dominate the entire time.

Just cause you may not like the player or the team, doesn't mean you can't admit what they're good at.

Then again, a quick look at your profile and I see you're a Sabres fan. You likely wouldn't know how to use a good talent if it was gifted to you.. *cough* Jack Eichel *cough*
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 5:29 p.m.
    Guess you missed the entire series. Cause Nylander looked dominate the entire time.

Just cause you may not like the player or the team, doesn't mean you can't admit what they're good at.

Then again, a quick look at your profile and I see you're a Sabres fan. You likely wouldn't know how to use a good talent if it was gifted to you.. *cough* Jack Eichel *cough*

You are right. I personally am responsible for the sabres sucking.

My point is, you said konecny isn't worth a high end prospect because he's a 60-70 point guy, which is exactly what nylander is. Almost all his even strength time is with Tavares or Matthews and almost all his production is as well.

And tell me about wasted talent will you? Buffalo has been a laughing stock for a decade and we have STILL won 4 playoff series since the leafs have won 1.
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 5:38 p.m.
    Roster Architect
    You are right. I personally am responsible for the sabres sucking.

My point is, you said konecny isn't worth a high end prospect because he's a 60-70 point guy, which is exactly what nylander is. Almost all his even strength time is with Tavares or Matthews and almost all his production is as well.

And tell me about wasted talent will you? Buffalo has been a laughing stock for a decade and we have STILL won 4 playoff series since the leafs have won 1.

Well look, we've found the problem!... it's that you can't read!

Because I also said that Konecny doesn't drive a line. It's not all about points there kid. But I mean hey, I guess by your standards of guys just getting points being able to drive lines, Bryan Rust is worth far more than Travis Konecny! .. Great logic!
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 5:42 p.m.
    Well look, we've found the problem!... it's that you can't read!

Because I also said that Konecny doesn't drive a line. It's not all about points there kid. But I mean hey, I guess by your standards of guys just getting points being able to drive lines, Bryan Rust is worth far more than Travis Konecny! .. Great logic!

Nylander almost exclusively plays with Tavares or matthews and most of his production is tied to them, despite having a few good playoff games away from them one time.

Tell me again, what line does he drive? The biggest line combination away from matthews and Tavares played together for 17 minutes
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 5:51 p.m.
    Roster Architect
    Nylander almost exclusively plays with Tavares or matthews and most of his production is tied to them, despite having a few good playoff games away from them one time.

Tell me again, what line does he drive? The biggest line combination away from matthews and Tavares played together for 17 minutes

Nylander is the guy that drives the line with Tavares. He's frequently the puck carrier and is the main guy exiting the zone and entering the offensive zone. He's also the guy that leads the 2nd PP unit in the same way. Konecny doesn't do any of that.

If you'd actually watch a game, you'd see that when Nylander is on the ice, the offence goes through him. But I'm willing to be a good chunk of change that you don't watch very many of their games and are only a Leafs hater. Don't worry you're not alone. Just learn not to judge off a personal opinion all the time.
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 7:13 p.m.
    Sabres are elite

Lol... To summarize what you said is that a 60-70 point winger (on an amazing contract no less) isn't worth a team's top prospect. I'm not sure you know that if a team is looking to trade an established, talented young player they are looking either for very good prospects in return (rebuild route) or a swap for another good established young player (retool route). Philly is likely in the retool route but regardless, Konecny would easily cost Robertson+ or Sandin++
    Jun. 5, 2021 at 7:23 p.m.
    Roster Architect
    Quoting: Skyraider112
    Lol... To summarize what you said is that a 60-70 point winger (on an amazing contract no less) isn't worth a team's top prospect. I'm not sure you know that if a team is looking to trade an established, talented young player they are looking either for very good prospects in return (rebuild route) or a swap for another good established young player (retool route). Philly is likely in the retool route but regardless, Konecny would easily cost Robertson+ or Sandin++

Lol. So I guess you're saying Bryan Rust is worth that too eh? Cause what you forgot to read was that Konecny doesn't drive a line. Just because he has a 60-70 point season doesn't mean that that's the rate he produces at when he's carried by other players.

& Philly is still in contention mode. If they move Konecny then they're looking for an upgrade on defence since they were horrendous on defence this year. Prospects and picks don't do them anything. A package around Liljegren + Holl is actually a very good start because it gives both teams what they need plus gives Philly more value. You're out of your mind if you think the names Robertson or Sandin are involved in a Konecny deal 😂

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll