3$3,500,000
4$4,250,000
2$2,000,000
Trades
COL
  1. Barron, Morgan
  2. Chytil, Filip [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
NYR adds grit they are looking for, gets significantly better next year to make the playoffs, has a terrifying 1/2/3 down the middle and gives themselves options to deal with Strome the following year.
NYR
  1. Compher, J.T.
  2. Kadri, Nazem
  3. Miska, Hunter
Additional Details:
COL gets to reunite the brothers(mostly here for fun, not super focused on his actual value), and takes a step back next year in exchange for some longer term control
COL
  1. Lindholm, Elias
Additional Details:
This trade is assuming that CGY finally blows it up and has also traded away JG, SM and MT that has gotten them a ton of futures.
This furthers that trend giving them 4 assets to rebuild with, 3 that are NHL ready and a 1st.
CGY
  1. Graves, Ryan
  2. Kaut, Martin
  3. Timmins, Conor [RFA Rights]
  4. 2021 1st round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
Col gets a top 6 player with term who can fit in perfectly on the 2nd line and help Newhook transition, who replaces Kadri.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$82,843,963$1,741,463$3,975,000-$1,343,963
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 8
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$9,250,000$9,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 4
$908,333$908,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
C
RFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
UFA - 3
$8,800,000$8,800,000
RD
UFA - 6
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 6
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 5
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LW
RFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 24, 2021 at 1:40 p.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
Just because he’s not Rantanen or MacKinnon doesn’t make him not a 1st line talent, that’s a horrendous take. He gets around 30 goals and 70 points, he gets Selke votes and is an excellent PKer, he can play centre or the wing, he plays physical, and he’s locked up for under 5mil for several years. If you don’t think that’s a first line calibre player you’re delusional, there are maybe 3 teams in the league where he doesn’t play C or RW on the top line, and Colorado being one of them doesn’t lower his value at all. He’s basically Danault but sacrificing a small amount of defensive skill for a good shot and ability to play effectively on the power play.

Haven’t seen you back up anything you’ve said with any sort of information. Where’s that on your bingo card? Posting a terrible thread with lopsided trades for other teams’s top players, saying stuff like “I clicked submit so it went through,” claiming to know more about other teams, and then failing to justify any of your ambiguous statements seems like you check quite a few boxes as well. You a closet Leafs fan?

BINGO!
Jun. 24, 2021 at 1:42 p.m.
Quoting: Xqb15a
It’s just to painful to point out what statistical modeling is and truncated mean, and that’s why I tried simplifying it for you by eliminating the top result instead of the top and bottom so you get a truer mean of production, but hey I’m the one that needs to shake my head. Literally you stated you make assumptions that are not factually based, MacKinnon is not (yet) a 100 pt player you don’t think for a minute Marchand doesn’t let him know that every time they see each other. But yeah you go with just a points that I have used, ignore driving play, or his limited xGD success. I’m sorry my man, I should have never started a discussion with somebody who isn’t interested in facts but is blinded by a bias of the team he roots for. Good luck with that.

Only one of us has presented facts that a reasonable person could see and say yeah, that makes sense. Your justification for Lindholm being a 50 point player is not one of them lol, any casual hockey fan would be able to find something wrong with that, and if you don’t think Mack is a 100 point player then great, we’ll get back to that Gaudreau for Mack trade, they have the same career high in points after all. Disproving the points made by the other party and defending your own is how a debate works, but you have yet to disprove any of my points or successfully defend yours so y’know, any sort of evidence would be appreciated. The problem with your “statistical model” is you’re including meaningless data points. A data point from 8 years ago may be useful for something like weather forecasting. A data point from 8 years ago has literally no affect on the offensive production of an NHL player, and a 3 year sample size provides a significantly more accurate model. You can truncate whatever you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that the size of your model is too large. For example, if you wanted to predict average life expectancy for a human, would you go back 500 years to collect data? Probably not, because you’ll get a flawed, lower number, as nowadays thanks to modern medicine and other factors, life expectancy is significantly longer, but using a flawed, large dataset with now meaningless data points will give you an inaccurate number (and as the average life expectancy was below 30 until the late 1800s, and is now over 70, clearly those data points are meaningless but would significantly affect the average, even if you cut out the singular highest and lowest data points). Same kind of deal for the NHL, as a player matures and develops and works their way up the lineup to play with more skilled players, their old data becomes meaningless. I really don’t care about Lindholm’s production on Carolina’s 3rd line 8 years ago when he’s on Calgary’s 1st line and PP1 now. If you ever took a statistics class I’d advise going back and giving your old textbook another read, it doesn’t seem like you retained much. Defining your dataset accurately is a pretty early step to mess up on. And as for his possession numbers, I’m not even sure where you pulled stuff like 56 ozone starts from (looking at the wrong year?), but following that up with a statement like “he’s bad” doesn’t help. He had a 52.85 CF%, a 56.72 GF%, a 52.11 xG%, with a 49.63% ozone start rate at 5v5 this year. So he has a positive expected goal difference, and his actual goal difference was higher, so I’m dying to know how that’s a bad thing, especially when he started in his own end more often than the offensive zone. And making it all strengths for this year lowers the ozone start % and raises the other numbers lol.
Jun. 24, 2021 at 3:16 p.m.
Only one of us has presented facts that a reasonable person could see and say yeah, that makes sense. Your justification for Lindholm being a 50 point player is not one of them lol, any casual hockey fan would be able to find something wrong with that, and if you don’t think Mack is a 100 point player then great, we’ll get back to that Gaudreau for Mack trade, they have the same career high in points after all. Disproving the points made by the other party and defending your own is how a debate works, but you have yet to disprove any of my points or successfully defend yours so y’know, any sort of evidence would be appreciated. The problem with your “statistical model” is you’re including meaningless data points. A data point from 8 years ago may be useful for something like weather forecasting. A data point from 8 years ago has literally no affect on the offensive production of an NHL player, and a 3 year sample size provides a significantly more accurate model. You can truncate whatever you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that the size of your model is too large. For example, if you wanted to predict average life expectancy for a human, would you go back 500 years to collect data? Probably not, because you’ll get a flawed, lower number, as nowadays thanks to modern medicine and other factors, life expectancy is significantly longer, but using a flawed, large dataset with now meaningless data points will give you an inaccurate number (and as the average life expectancy was below 30 until the late 1800s, and is now over 70, clearly those data points are meaningless but would significantly affect the average, even if you cut out the singular highest and lowest data points). Same kind of deal for the NHL, as a player matures and develops and works their way up the lineup to play with more skilled players, their old data becomes meaningless. I really don’t care about Lindholm’s production on Carolina’s 3rd line 8 years ago when he’s on Calgary’s 1st line and PP1 now. If you ever took a statistics class I’d advise going back and giving your old textbook another read, it doesn’t seem like you retained much. Defining your dataset accurately is a pretty early step to mess up on. And as for his possession numbers, I’m not even sure where you pulled stuff like 56 ozone starts from (looking at the wrong year?), but following that up with a statement like “he’s bad” doesn’t help. He had a 52.85 CF%, a 56.72 GF%, a 52.11 xG%, with a 49.63% ozone start rate at 5v5 this year. So he has a positive expected goal difference, and his actual goal difference was higher, so I’m dying to know how that’s a bad thing, especially when he started in his own end more often than the offensive zone. And making it all strengths for this year lowers the ozone start % and raises the other numbers lol.

You're just the random dude in a message board fam, just because you post on something doesn't mean I am interesting in your opinion. I don't care what you think so why would I waste my time like that.

This is a silly post for a friend, not a 'come give me your thoughts'. You've been living in your own world this whole time while I have been making fun of you.
Jun. 24, 2021 at 3:22 p.m.
Quoting: Meeqs
You're just the random dude in a message board fam, just because you post on something doesn't mean I am interesting in your opinion. I don't care what you think so why would I waste my time like that.

This is a silly post for a friend, not a 'come give me your thoughts'. You've been living in your own world this whole time while I have been making fun of you.

If you weren’t interested in opinions why would you post it in a public forum? The whole point is to garner feedback. If you enjoy living in your delusional fantasy-land then good for you I guess, but none of this is realistic and you posted it publicly for thoughts to be provided as you put it. Seems like you’ve completely missed the point here, welcome to the site.
Jun. 24, 2021 at 3:35 p.m.
If you weren’t interested in opinions why would you post it in a public forum? The whole point is to garner feedback. If you enjoy living in your delusional fantasy-land then good for you I guess, but none of this is realistic and you posted it publicly for thoughts to be provided as you put it. Seems like you’ve completely missed the point here, welcome to the site.

You seem to have quite the ego. That or some really weird preconceived notions about things. It might shock you that the internet is used for all kinds of things. This sites value is in its toolkit and accuracy, not for the idiots in the comment section.

You are one of an unlimited number of people who all post the same thing over and over on here. You are all easily replaceable and thus opinions are equally worthless.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll