SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Columbus Blue Jackets

Columbus fans

Jul. 5, 2021 at 10:23 a.m.
GO FLAMES GO
After Matīss Kivlenieks sad passing. Do you guys need another goalie to meet the exposure requirements? I know he was the one meeting them. How will they get him? Through trade? Free agent signing?
Jul. 5, 2021 at 10:25 a.m.
RIP
Jul. 5, 2021 at 10:27 a.m.
I think they have a guy named Cam Johnson that is an rfa this year
He will reach the requirements
Lenny7 liked this.
Jul. 5, 2021 at 10:46 a.m.
RIP Matiss Kivlenieks. Sad news.
Jul. 5, 2021 at 10:57 a.m.
Quoting: mitchmarner16
I think they have a guy named Cam Johnson that is an rfa this year
He will reach the requirements
First I also want to say RIP Kivi. Secondly, I don’t believe that any pending UFA or RFA counts towards the exposure requirement. So I’m not sure Cam Johnson would count towards this unless he were to be extended. They’re in a tough spot with their expansion rn. Plus for Seattle, they definitely thought of picking Kivi too. We’ll see how the NHL and the Jackets handle this situation. Prayers for Kivi
Jul. 5, 2021 at 10:58 a.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Quoting: RoyBoy
First I also want to say RIP Kivi. Secondly, I don’t believe that any pending UFA or RFA counts towards the exposure requirement. So I’m not sure Cam Johnson would count towards this unless he were to be extended. They’re in a tough spot with their expansion rn. Plus for Seattle, they definitely thought of picking Kivi too. We’ll see how the NHL and the Jackets handle this situation. Prayers for Kivi

My thought is maybe the leauge gives them a exception for that requirement. Unlikely but possible since he did meet the requirements
RoyBoy liked this.
Jul. 5, 2021 at 11:03 a.m.
Quoting: RoyBoy

If Johnson receives a qualifying offer before the expansion draft, he can be exposed.
Jul. 5, 2021 at 11:15 a.m.
Quoting: Gmonwy
My thought is maybe the leauge gives them a exception for that requirement. Unlikely but possible since he did meet the requirements
That’s exactly what I had in mind. And I’m still wondering if his contract would still exist or if it doesn’t
Jul. 5, 2021 at 11:16 a.m.
Quoting: bhavikp27
If Johnson receives a qualifying offer before the expansion draft, he can be exposed.
That makes sense. Not sure if Columbus would want to keep Johnson though
Jul. 5, 2021 at 11:18 a.m.
I don’t think they’ll need someone to expose, they have Johnson they can expose, but they will have to rethink trading Korpisalo or Merzlinkins now for sure depending on the return or if they can get a backup goalie in. Very sad news this morning about Kevleniks.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll