Forums/Armchair-GM

Big Bad Blueline

Created by: bluspy88
Team: 2021-22 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 7, 2021
Published: Jul. 7, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Interested in WPG fans feedback, I'm not super familiar with prospects and young guys so let me know! This is pretty much just a fun idea of, lets beef up that blueline at the expense of some other depth. I remember seeing that Perfetti would likely play this year, but if this isn't true let me know
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,000,000
1$4,000,000
5$5,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,500,000
1$750,000
2$3,000,000
2$1,750,000
7$8,250,000
2$750,000
1$1,000,000
Trades
WPG
SEA
  1. Appleton, Mason
Additional Details:
Expansion selection
WPG
SEA
  1. Niku, Sami
Additional Details:
Anywhere, I think they are done with him
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$81,448,813$145,122$500,000$51,187

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 5
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$725,000$725,000
LW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, C
RFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
UFA - 7
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RD
UFA - 7
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 5
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Taxi Squad
$863,333$863,333 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 7, 2021 at 3:43 p.m.
Honest feedback.
1.) I don't see Vesalainen on the team anywhere. He is more that likely a regular next year if he doesn't get traded in the offseason.
2.) that is too much for Stanley. The guy is big but has a tough time skating and keeping up to the highly skilled guys. He is going to be a bottom pairing defenseman at best. But I can see him being more of an press box kinda guy that comes in when you're playing a tougher bigger team that isn't as skilled as some other teams. Stanley would get eaten up by teams like Edmonton, Toronto, Colorado, Tampa. So if thats the case I'm not spending $2M on a player like that. To go along with Stanley, Heinola Should play more games that Stanley. Heinola won't be on the taxi squad/ scratched.
3.) Perfetti will start in the NHL on LW. Not RW. Also I think he will play his 9 games and then be sent down to the AHL to grow his game a little more. He is close but not 100% ready yet.
4.) I believe the Jets aren't going to expose Appleton in the expansion draft. He played a big role for the Jets this year and looked really good doing it. I think he stays. I think they expose Stanley because of who they have coming up. Heinola and Samberg are both really close and Stanley is the guy outside. Both Heinola and Samberg are better and bring more to the Jets than Stanley does.
5.) If Copp is looking to get $4M I really believe the Jets are going to move him for either a higher ranked D-man or help at LW for cheaper than it will cost to keep Copp. But all of this is just my opinion.
Jul. 7, 2021 at 3:49 p.m.
Quoting: Feelers4Ehlers
Honest feedback.
1.) I don't see Vesalainen on the team anywhere. He is more that likely a regular next year if he doesn't get traded in the offseason.
2.) that is too much for Stanley. The guy is big but has a tough time skating and keeping up to the highly skilled guys. He is going to be a bottom pairing defenseman at best. But I can see him being more of an press box kinda guy that comes in when you're playing a tougher bigger team that isn't as skilled as some other teams. Stanley would get eaten up by teams like Edmonton, Toronto, Colorado, Tampa. So if thats the case I'm not spending $2M on a player like that. To go along with Stanley, Heinola Should play more games that Stanley. Heinola won't be on the taxi squad/ scratched.
3.) Perfetti will start in the NHL on LW. Not RW. Also I think he will play his 9 games and then be sent down to the AHL to grow his game a little more. He is close but not 100% ready yet.
4.) I believe the Jets aren't going to expose Appleton in the expansion draft. He played a big role for the Jets this year and looked really good doing it. I think he stays. I think they expose Stanley because of who they have coming up. Heinola and Samberg are both really close and Stanley is the guy outside. Both Heinola and Samberg are better and bring more to the Jets than Stanley does.
5.) If Copp is looking to get $4M I really believe the Jets are going to move him for either a higher ranked D-man or help at LW for cheaper than it will cost to keep Copp. But all of this is just my opinion.

I wasn't sure where Vesalainen stood with the fans, so I left him off in case. I see your point about Stanley and agree with you, but this is just my opinion: with Montreal having all these big bodies out there on defense, I have this weird feeling he will get a decent contract. Call it superstition. Gotcha about Perfetti, I put him on the wing since I assumed like you said he wouldn't start at center, but wasn't sure what wing. Finally, as a fan of another team, I see your point with Copp but he is fantastic. Really stepped up for the Jets in my opinion. My thoughts have been that Winnipeg's offense is lethal but really needed some upgrades on the back end. Putting aside cap restrictions, what do you think of Oleksiak and Hamilton? I thought about Martinez over one of them but you need that Buff replacement.
Feelers4Ehlers liked this.
Jul. 7, 2021 at 4:36 p.m.
It'll be interesting to see what WPG does for the expansion draft. They'll need to expose one of Appleton, Copp or Lowery (most likely Appleton) if they don't trade one before the draft, but then they likely lose Stanley or DeMelo, depending on which they expose. Making a deal with Seattle would be the obvious move, but Seattle has all the leverage and likely would be asking a lot. Does it end up making more sense to lose one of those guys for nothing or trading away a couple of them for picks/prospects that will be draft exempt?
Jul. 7, 2021 at 5:10 p.m.
Quoting: bluspy88
I wasn't sure where Vesalainen stood with the fans, so I left him off in case. I see your point about Stanley and agree with you, but this is just my opinion: with Montreal having all these big bodies out there on defense, I have this weird feeling he will get a decent contract. Call it superstition. Gotcha about Perfetti, I put him on the wing since I assumed like you said he wouldn't start at center, but wasn't sure what wing. Finally, as a fan of another team, I see your point with Copp but he is fantastic. Really stepped up for the Jets in my opinion. My thoughts have been that Winnipeg's offense is lethal but really needed some upgrades on the back end. Putting aside cap restrictions, what do you think of Oleksiak and Hamilton? I thought about Martinez over one of them but you need that Buff replacement.

The thing with Montreal having all these big bodies is that they have skilled and skating to go along with their big bodies. Edmundson, Chiarot, Kulak, Petry can all skate pretty well. I mean even look what Tampa has been doing to them in the final. Weber is a big body too. Although he doesnt have the skating speed as the other d-men I listed he has the hockey smarts and he can position himself well enough so that he doesn't need speed as much. Stanley is a big body with a big shot. But this isn't the District 5 Mighty Ducks. You can't have a Fulton Reed out there to just shoot the puck as hard as he can. I totally agree with you that Copp did step up his game big time this season. But when he was asked to play on the 2nd line away from Lowry he didn't have the success he was having on the 3rd line with Lowry. So that tells me that he is a a depth guy. A very very good depth guy to have on your team. I would love the Jets to keep him but at $4M for the 3rd line with no real upside to playing top 6 minutes is too much for me. If he went to a different team with a different system with different centre's then maybe he can be a top 6 winger/ centre.
I really like the Oleksiak signing. He is a wild card for me though. a part of me thinks that this is too much for him but a part of me thinks it might not be enough. I think it all believes which teams are interested in him and which teams make him offers. I think the Jets would offer $2M-$2.5M range. Hamilton I think should be priority #1 for the Jets. In almost all of my AGM teams I have the Jets signing Hamilton.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll