SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Carolina Hurricanes

Carolina's cap space

Jul. 23, 2021 at 7:54 a.m.
Carolina moved Nedeljkovic and cleared out more room under the cap, but what they hell are they spending it on? Dougie is going... if you allocate 10 mil to Svech, you still have about 20 mil in cap.. something's brewing here, and I don't understand it.

A run at Eichel maybe? But that doesn't make sense. Trocheck is a very good 2C. They could use a top 6 winger. Maybe a run at Landeskog?

Are they planning to try and land Jones? It would be bold, but certainly possible if he comes with an extension. He'd be a good fit.

Perhaps they want Gibson/Rakell out of Anaheim? I don't know but something doesn't add up.
Jul. 26, 2021 at 8:21 a.m.
Svech isn't worth 10 -- not yet anyway -- but they definitely seem to be hoarding cap space for something. Maybe they still think they have a chance to keep Dougie. You'd think they'd need to hang onto Bean if they're going to lose Dougie. I think they might be going after a bigger money goalie, which would have relegated Nedeljkovic to a backup role. They didn't want to pay $3M for a backup.

Actually I think Ned could have got more than $3M if he went to arbitration. He could have used Driedger and Merzlikins as comparables. Other teams have been dumping RFAs too. I think it's because they're afraid of what they might have to pay them if they lose in arbitration. They don't like the uncertainty. Maybe that's why Seattle picked Geekie when I was sure they would pick Bean. I don't think Bean is arbitration eligible but he could still sign an offer sheet, though I don't know why the Canes were in such a hurry to get rid of him, other than getting a pick in this year's draft rather than waiting for next year's.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll