2. 2022 4th round pick (PIT)
TOR
  1. Soucy, Carson
  2. 2022 2nd round pick (SEA)
  3. 2023 2nd round pick (WPG)
SEA
  1. Rielly, Morgan
Additional Details:
Seattle has tons of capspace and reason to extend Reilly.
2 seconds and Soucy is very VERY generous.

I like Soucy. Solid defensemen. Decent term and low Cap Hit, can play Top 4.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$78,524,783$0$0$2,975,217
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW
UFA - 2
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 3
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 4
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 3
$850,000$850,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C
UFA
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$3,800,000$3,800,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1
$2,150,000$2,150,000
LD/RD
UFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 2, 2021 at 3:26 a.m.
Trade with Seattle is reasonable,
but i think u could get more for Reilly

The other trades aren’t impossible,
but i think you’re gonna have a hard time finding teams to take ALL of those players you’re trying to dump
Ed_ liked this.
Aug. 2, 2021 at 3:38 a.m.
larter
i don't really enjoy the Staal signing personally 3 million for a guy who was -30 last year is concerning, to say the least. Yes, i am fully aware it's not a great state, but i feel at -30 it is large enough to show he's not really good anymore defensively and he also didnt exactly put up a ton of points. He was only even in faceoffs in Montreal and he only had 8 points in 21 games in the playoffs. I feel there is a better use of the cap space there in just keeping mo and puting Kampf there and bringing up Robertson to play the left-wing. Mo only makes 5 million so without staal and soucy you still have almost 4 million in cap. To get a player or a few at the deadline.

Now i do understand Scoucy is 6'5 211lb which is super appealing i just think if you were gonna trade mo you should real dig it out for value.

Really i dont know, i understand the moves i just dont know if i like them. I enjoy the draft capital on one hand, but mo is a better player than most on this team.
He gets a ton of value in a trade but he also had a really solid playoffs from a defensive point of view.
Hes easy trade bait but the leadership he brings is very important as the current longest time spent leaf he's kinda relic from before matthews which makes me sentimental.
Aug. 2, 2021 at 4:20 a.m.
Serf
TOR
2022 7th round pick (NYI)
2023 6th round pick (OTT)
2022 4th round pick (OTT)
OTT
Dermott, Travis
Rubins, Kristians
Scott, Ian
Hutchinson, Michael

Ahh, the old, here's my crap, give me picks for them, trade.
GoodIdeaAtTheTime and Ed_ liked this.
Aug. 2, 2021 at 4:22 a.m.
Good landing spots for Engvall and Mikheyev to play higher in the lineup. But Mikheyev and Brooks have combined a bigger value than a 6th; even if BUF won't tossing around with picks.

Quoting: larter232
i don't really enjoy the Staal signing personally 3 million for a guy who was -30 last year is concerning, to say the least. Yes, i am fully aware it's not a great state, but i feel at -30 it is large enough to show he's not really good anymore defensively and he also didnt exactly put up a ton of points. He was only even in faceoffs in Montreal and he only had 8 points in 21 games in the playoffs. I feel there is a better use of the cap space there in just keeping mo and puting Kampf there and bringing up Robertson to play the left-wing. Mo only makes 5 million so without staal and soucy you still have almost 4 million in cap. To get a player or a few at the deadline.

Totaly agree. Besides his few points, Staal didn't show up in the playoffs. And Dubas found a cheaper 3rd line shutdown center in Kämpf. Very good in face-offs. And a true SH Center TOR had not in years. He will not play the wing. Spezza will likely move to RW instead. Therefore they will need Brooks. He is such a great fit in TOR. Would not trade him anyways.
larter232 and Ed_ liked this.
Aug. 2, 2021 at 5:38 a.m.
Halla
If Eric Staal isnt willing to take 750k a-la Thornton/Spezza, he isnt coming here. He was terrible last year
Joronto liked this.
Aug. 2, 2021 at 5:39 a.m.
Halla
Quoting: sensibleguy
TOR
2022 7th round pick (NYI)
2023 6th round pick (OTT)
2022 4th round pick (OTT)
OTT
Dermott, Travis
Rubins, Kristians
Scott, Ian
Hutchinson, Michael

Ahh, the old, here's my crap, give me picks for them, trade.

lol. keep those crap picks. leafs have no reason to give up dermott, their goalie depth or a couple prospects for that pile of trash anyways
Aug. 2, 2021 at 2:01 p.m.
Gotham Maple Leafs

Now i do understand Scoucy is 6'5 211lb which is super appealing i just think if you were gonna trade mo you should real dig it out for value.

Really i dont know, i understand the moves i just dont know if i like them. I enjoy the draft capital on one hand, but mo is a better player than most on this team.
He gets a ton of value in a trade but he also had a really solid playoffs from a defensive point of view.
Hes easy trade bait but the leadership he brings is very important as the current longest time spent leaf he's kinda relic from before matthews which makes me sentimental.

Quoting: Joronto
Good landing spots for Engvall and Mikheyev to play higher in the lineup. But Mikheyev and Brooks have combined a bigger value than a 6th; even if BUF won't tossing around with picks.

Totaly agree. Besides his few points, Staal didn't show up in the playoffs. And Dubas found a cheaper 3rd line shutdown center in Kämpf. Very good in face-offs. And a true SH Center TOR had not in years. He will not play the wing. Spezza will likely move to RW instead. Therefore they will need Brooks. He is such a great fit in TOR. Would not trade him anyways.

Quoting: Halla
If Eric Staal isnt willing to take 750k a-la Thornton/Spezza, he isnt coming here. He was terrible last year

Quoting: Joronto

Quoting: Halla

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/as-trade-deadline-approaches-sabres-eric-staal-focusing-on-what-i-can-control/article_7694ade8-8c08-11eb-98b7-47ce6ec7a7be.amp.html

Eric Staal was the best player on a terrible Buffalo team and was given 4th line ice time in the playoffs.

Shafted by Decharmane.

$3 is not Unreasonable on a 1 year contract in my opinion simply based on the fact that his production skill and mobility is better at his late stage of his career than either Marleau or Joe Thornton signed with Toronto.

I believe he can bring Stability to the Leaf's forward core and experience.

As well as, Eric Staal BELONGS AND NEEDS TO RETIRE A MAPLE LEAF!

I've personally ALWAYS wanted Eric Staal on Toronto since LITERALLY like 2010/11.

So yeah there's a bit of personal bias I admit lol.
Aug. 2, 2021 at 2:49 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Ed_

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/as-trade-deadline-approaches-sabres-eric-staal-focusing-on-what-i-can-control/article_7694ade8-8c08-11eb-98b7-47ce6ec7a7be.amp.html

Eric Staal was the best player on a terrible Buffalo team and was given 4th line ice time in the playoffs.

Shafted by Decharmane.

$3 is not Unreasonable on a 1 year contract in my opinion simply based on the fact that his production skill and mobility is better at his late stage of his career than either Marleau or Joe Thornton signed with Toronto.

I believe he can bring Stability to the Leaf's forward core and experience.

As well as, Eric Staal BELONGS AND NEEDS TO RETIRE A MAPLE LEAF!

I've personally ALWAYS wanted Eric Staal on Toronto since LITERALLY like 2010/11.

So yeah there's a bit of personal bias I admit lol.

You “wanting” a player on your team doesn’t always make it the best move. 3 mil for a declining veteran is not the way to go…
Aug. 2, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
Gotham Maple Leafs
Quoting: Juiceman
You “wanting” a player on your team doesn’t always make it the best move. 3 mil for a declining veteran is not the way to go…

It's only a one year contract.
Aug. 3, 2021 at 2:07 p.m.
larter
Quoting: Ed_
It's only a one year contract.

he had some pretty great seasons with minni ill give ya that, but at 36 now after that pretty much train wreck of a season id give him maybe 1.25 1.5 at the absolute most. Its just really hard to justify more than that at his age, and his most recent season. Especially in this cap era, like most people are projecting Tatar to go somewhere in the range of 3-4 million. Tatar is still young and he had great numbers last year.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll