Is Jacob Larsson a bust?

Nov. 11, 2021 at 1:04 a.m.
Banned
Just asking cause I noticed he's been buried in the Minors
Nov. 17, 2021 at 7:31 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Knuckl3s
Just asking cause I noticed he's been buried in the Minors

He was waived by the Ducks in October and not claimed. He's had injuries throughout his career, just maybe he's not NHL material.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 3:23 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: palhal
He was waived by the Ducks in October and not claimed. He's had injuries throughout his career, just maybe he's not NHL material.

Maybe not, which is too bad for the Ducks since he was a 1st round pick, 26th overall if I'm not mistaken
Nov. 17, 2021 at 3:39 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Maybe not, which is too bad for the Ducks since he was a 1st round pick, 26th overall if I'm not mistaken

Gord Stellick told a story about the 2015 draft. Leafs had pick 24. The Leafs traded down with Philly to get Flyers 29th pick and a third rounder. It was the Leafs intention to draft Larsson because they thought he would available at 29. But Anaheim selected him at 27. Leafs then traded down again to go from 29 to 34 and selected Travis Dermot.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 3:42 p.m.
Banned
Gord Stellick told a story about the 2015 draft. Leafs had pick 24. The Leafs traded down with Philly to get Flyers 29th pick and a third rounder. It was the Leafs intention to draft Larsson because they thought he would available at 29. But Anaheim selected him at 27. Leafs then traded down again to go from 29 to 34 and selected Travis Dermot.

Well, as much flack as Travis Dermott gets, he still appears to be panning out better than Larsson, although who knows if Larsson would develop better in Toronto's system. He's only 24, so he might still be a depth project worth taking on
Nov. 17, 2021 at 3:48 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Well, as much flack as Travis Dermott gets, he still appears to be panning out better than Larsson, although who knows if Larsson would develop better in Toronto's system. He's only 24, so he might still be a depth project worth taking on

Yeah, I figure some team will try to rejuvenate his career but probably not till next year. Gee, if you read CF posts, the Leafs have such lousy Dman, and Holl and Dermot seem to take the brunt of Leaf fans ire.
Dermot is certainly an OK NHLer and is good value at 1.5m. He's playing both sides this year, depending on who sits out and who is partner is.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 4:14 p.m.
Banned
Yeah, I figure some team will try to rejuvenate his career but probably not till next year. Gee, if you read CF posts, the Leafs have such lousy Dman, and Holl and Dermot seem to take the brunt of Leaf fans ire.
Dermot is certainly an OK NHLer and is good value at 1.5m. He's playing both sides this year, depending on who sits out and who is partner is.

I could see a trade for Larsson looking something like this: Holl/Dermott and a 7th to Anaheim for Larsson and a 5th

That is assuming the Leafs really wanna unload one of those contracts, cause the Ducks probably ain't gonna qualify Larsson in the off-season and he walks in UFA, then the Leafs can just pick him up for free
Nov. 17, 2021 at 6:28 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I could see a trade for Larsson looking something like this: Holl/Dermott and a 7th to Anaheim for Larsson and a 5th

That is assuming the Leafs really wanna unload one of those contracts, cause the Ducks probably ain't gonna qualify Larsson in the off-season and he walks in UFA, then the Leafs can just pick him up for free

Trouble with that theory is Holl and Dermot are competent NHL Dmen. Despite the protests are CapFriendly those two guys are good value at total 3.5m. Leafs only have seven NHL Dmen, they can't be trading one without getting an NHLer back in return. Next season, the Leafs are pretty flush at LHD, so I think Larsson would find better success at an NHL job with another team.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll